Benchmarks

• Along the idea of not being able to see your own weight loss, I thought I would look at other measurements besides the scale (which is being a bit stubborn at this point).

I looked at military physical requirements, the President's Fitness test (but didn't find the ratings), things like that. What other measurements do you look at?

Thanks,

Barb
  • Did you take "before" pictures or jot down your measurments with a tape measure? I know seeing the same number on the scale can get old fast, so when that happens to me, I try my best to not get on that thing for a while. Sometimes the body doesn't show a loss, but if you lose inches or see less of you in a mirror, it can be just as wonderful.

BTW-You are doing amazing-Much success with your journey
  • Thanks! You're doing terrific yourself! I'm looking forward to being at the half way point and feeling a little stuck. I thought someone here had talked about having a couple of things she kept track of, not just the scale weight, to keep a more accurate view of how well she was doing. I have %fat and % hydration on my scale but I'm not sure if they're really telling me anything.

Thanks,

Barb
  • Hi there! I took photos at the start.
    I also use clothing sizes, but in this way -- I'll find something I really, really like. IF it isn't too expensive, I'll buy it one size smaller. That way, when I fit into it, I know things are working well.
    I'm ALMOST into my size 10 Gap jeans. I can wear them, but they are a touch snug around the waist. My guess is another 5 lbs...
    I try something NEW when I feel stuck. My next target activity is indoor rock climbing! For my birthday.

Sometimes the scales don't tell the whole story...

Kira
  • Quote: I'll find something I really, really like. IF it isn't too expensive, I'll buy it one size smaller.
    I do this quite a bit with items that I really love.