A very quick update post from Tammy

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm home ladies. Thank you for all of the wonderful get well wishes from EVERYONE. I asked Jeff to post because I knew I'd be in for a while

So you know all of the gory details so I won't bore you. My levels came down to normal levels today and my pain is manageable so they sprung me. I'm going back for my surgery on tuesday. I'll find out the time on monday.

I'm on a clear fluids diet until surgery. I've gained like 7 lbs in water weight (about 30 bags of IV fluids later) but I'll know the real "damage" tomorrow. I can have diluted juice (for the first time in 10 months), clear broths, jello (yuck) and water. That's it. Bleck.

I feel like crap. I'll come back after some sleep and more fluids.

love you all
    Tam
  • Take care of yourself Tammy! I went through the same thing . . . two weeks in hospital on an IV and pumped full of drugs and antibiotics to reduce the infection and 'fix' the pancreatitis before surgery . . . you will feel SO much better post op. It was like a new lease on life with no gall bladder attacks. Hugs to you and wishing you a speedy recovery, x
  • glad to hear you're doing better! *hugs*
  • Glad you're getting your surgery soon. I felt a lot better after my gallbladder removal, luckily I had surgery before any complications occured. Hope you feel a lot better soon!
  • I'm so glad the surgery is soon ---- you must be climbing the walls waiting! Get lots of rest between now and then, if that is at all possible. You are in all of our thoughts, Tammy.

Be well, Hotmana, be well !

• Soon Tammy. It's almost over. This night mare is coming to a close soon and all of this will be behind you.

I wish you all the best before, during and after the surgery.
  • Great to hear from you, the boards feel weird without you. Take it easy until Tuesday; and yea, the surgery will make you feel like a new woman!
  • It's great to know your home. Good luck with your upcoming surgery, I pray everything goes well and you're back to normal in no time!

• Good to hear you're home, hopefully you can stay there until Tuesday.
  • I'm glad your home and feeling better. Good luck on Tuesday.
  • The end is in sight, Tam! Big hugs to you....
  • Hang in there! The end of all this is in sight now.
  • Tammy, you will be in my prayers.
  • Glad you're home. Just a few more days and it'll all be over. *Sending good vibes all goes well with surgery*