Accountability/Menu/Planning 20 - 26 July

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey everyone!

How are we all doing today. Me, I had a good day today. I got up at the normal time and went to the gym, did weights and was home by 7:30 am. Just in time to watch the Tour de France highlights! I like Tour de France. I didn't sit in front of the TV all day and got my living room and kitchen mostly spring cleaned - it wouldn't hurt to run the vacuum cleaner over again and the kitchen floors definitely need doing, but that's what tomorrow is for, right?

The gym was good, although my new programme wasn't there, so I had to hope I remembered it right. I thought about doing the old programme since I'm used to that, but figured out that that wouldn't be right.

Tomorrow, I'll go to the gym and then I might just do some reading - the spring cleaning unearthed a massive pile of books that I haven't read, so that could be a good way to spend some time.

Sunshine, isn't it funny how our tastebuds change? The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, but my food was pizza.

MJ, how's your knee doing now?

Lottie, your menus sound sooo nice.

CC, being out of diet coke is never good news for me either. That's one of the 2 things I never run out of - the other is catfood. Kind of shows my priorities...

Inky, welcome aboard! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Enjoy yourselves, everyone!
  • Quote: Sunshine, isn't it funny how our tastebuds change? The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, but my food was pizza.
    I would probably have the same reaction to pizza. Actually, I'm glad our taste buds change. That only mean we're doing something right.

Breakfast:
    Tomato juice
    Leftover Quiche Cups-to-Go

Snack 1:
    Low-Fat Cottage Cheese with red pepper flakes

Lunch:
    Turkey burger patties (no bun)
    Salad
    Sugar-Free Jell-O

Snack 2:
    Celery with hummus

Dinner:
    Baked Barbecue Chicken
    Salad
    Broccoli

Dessert:
    TBD
  • The good, the bad and the oh so ugly.............

I know it's been several days since I posted. The weekend was hectic at best and to be honest I am still tired and dragging a bit. Work will be icky today because the person I work for today is a fill in and he thinks a great deal of himself. Puts people off . On the upside he doesn't trust the rest of us to do our jobs so he hogs a lot of the work for himself...lol.

The good. Friday I chose to try on some new jeans. Was very surprised to fit into a size 18wp (had to go back to the rack to get those since I hadn't thought they would fit and was hoping the 20wp would be the choice). So for whatever reason I thought to try on a regular 18 after that. Managed a very tight squeeze into that but hey 6 mos ago I wouldn't have gotten them past my knees...lol.

Did NOT buy new jeans, decided to make due for a couple more weeks unless I find a great sale along the way. My mind figures why spend full price when I only want them to be a temporary size anyway.

Now 2 yrs ago I bought good leather pants (heavy duty) for riding. I purchased them online which was a mistake at the time. They came and I had to lay down to get into them and it was still painful laying down is how tight they were. Because the memorial ride was on a cold and wet/rainy day I thought pull out the leather pants and see if they fit. Not only did they fit but I had to wear a belt which I had to add an extra hole in to make work.... that felt good.

When I showed up at the property in my leather pants instead of my chaps it got a response I hadn't expected. I wear custom chaps (the one leg has a dragon painted the length) and have worn this pair for years so everyone was surprised to see me in full leather pants. Although some joked more skin showing would have been better... yeah right. My buns didn't get wet either as they would have in chaps so that was good. My arthritis can't take the cold like it once did.

Turn out for the memorial wasn't that great which was disappointing. The weather was a big factor I'm sure. Both the dishes I made got good reviews and the brownie trifle was raved over. Per request here are the main ingredients for the layers used. I made up this concoction and I never measure anything... Obviously this was not a recipe for anyone concerned about healthy eating. I just alternated layers using the white chocolate pudding with mini choc chips as the topping.

3 boxes duncan hines decadant brownie mix..... added dbl chocolate coffee strong before baking
    1 cheesecake philly filling tub
    2 boxes white chocolate pudding
    2 boxes cheesecake flavored pudding
    1 sm slivered almonds
    1 sm chopped walnuts
    1 small jar marachino cherries and juice drizzled over layer brownie
    1 jar smuckers caramel sundae topping drizzled over another brownie layer
    1/2 of a LARGE BAG ($10.00) reeses peanut butter cups chopped up in middle layer

By the time the potluck for the memorial rolled around Sat night, I had not eaten at all that day so I ate regular food and made bad choices for sure. Compound that by rolling in Sun morning at 7am with burning eye balls and doing a quick shower to take my son to breakfast as promised then we all went to Harry Potter.

The movie was very good. In the past I have been much too critical of the movies because having enjoyed the books so much I find the things missing from the original tale to be very annoying once it is made for the big screen. I cried when Dumbledore met his end and that only made my eyeballs burn more the rest of the day...lol. I did have two women sitting behind me which like me in the past nit picked about how the movie differed from the book. I smiled to myself and was grateful I didn't re-read the book again last week as I had planned on doing.

I made awesome beer butt chicken last night for dinner and again made poor food choices, by then it was 8pm and too tired to worry about it all. Today I am repentant and look forward to being back on track.

I will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow . Have a great day, I'm off to work.
  • Good Morning! Ugh, Monday again already....I am only working three days this week, which is good, BUT I have a LOT to do in these three days! LOL!!

My knee is finally feeling a bit better. I think the injection is finally doing it's 'job' and resting yesterday certainly helped.

CC--Glad to hear dinner out went well...that's my problem w/ eating out too...way too much sodium!

goingcrazyinky--welcome!

sunshine--LOL!!! That's funny...I didn't like any of that stuff! I liked really cooking w/ my gm, but never played w/ dolls or any of that other stuff. I had lots of boys in my neighborhood, so I was a tomboy for a long time!

lottie--I think we are going to have grilled veggies and pasta tonight! YUM!

nicolen--Good for you! I think it's good that you did the new program--even if you didn't get it exactly, there is a lot to be said for changing things up! Today, my knee is FINALLY feeling better!

jab--Hope work goes ok today! Excellent about the jeans and leather pants!!!! I'm w/ you....I am a total bargain shopper...I don't like paying full price for anything--especially clothes.

Have a great OP day everyone!
  • Quote: sunshine--LOL!!! That's funny...I didn't like any of that stuff! I liked really cooking w/ my gm, but never played w/ dolls or any of that other stuff. I had lots of boys in my neighborhood, so I was a tomboy for a long time!
    Lucky you! I did and was a tomboy at times too. I switched between both.
  • Happy Tuesday everyone !!!!

mj5 ~ glad to hear the knee is feeling a bit of relief !!!

Nicolen~ hope you are enjoying your time off work. Funny we always start the same isn't it... catching up on some sort of house work...lol.

To everyone else, hellooooooooooooooooooooo

My food for yesterday ....

mon 7/20/09

triscuits
    almonds
    water

scallops, peppers, quinoa
    acorn squash w/ honey
    roasted brussel sprouts
    water

multi grain tortilla chips
    black bean salsa
    lf sour cream
    water

slice of grilled chicken breast
    water

sf popsicle

• mj5, glad to hear you're feeling a bit betta.

I"m feeling good today.

menu will probably look like this:

b: 2 eggs w/ lite/multi grain english muffin w/ a pat of ICBINB w/ 1 packet high fiber oatmeal
    s: soy nuts 1 serving and 1 serving ice cream
    l: zucchini/broccoli/red peppers/onions, sauted in olive oil
    d: 2 black bean sloppy joes on arnolds sandwhich thins
    s: 2 egg whites and 1 serving soy nuts

I'm actually coming in just under my cals for today! (1600-1700) and still get to eat plenty. nice. :P
  • Happy Tuesday all!

Here's my menu, which is always subject to change as the day goes by.

Breakfast:
    Strawberries
    Leftover Steak Stir-Fry Scramble

Snack 1:
    Oatmeal

Lunch:
    Salad

Snack 2:
    Pear and Low-Fat Mozzarella Cheese Stick

Dinner:
    Leftover Oven Baked BBQ Chicken (My homemade South Beach BBQ Sauce came out perfectly!)

Dessert:
    Undecided??? However, if anything, it will be something legal.
  • Hi everyone. I'm back from my short vacation. It was a great, relaxing time. The only bad part is coming back to the mess called "my job". I didn't do much exercising at all while I was gone, but still was able to lose a little, so that's good. I was back to the gym today, so that was a good feeling.

Sunshine: Love bbq! Glad your sauce turned out!

Lottie: It's always good to be under the calories so that you have that extra room! Cool!

Jab: Loved your story about the leather pants. How great for you!

MJ: Glad you're feeling better.

Nicolen: Good for you for staying on track with the gym even while you're on vacation!
  • Hi everyone! Just popping in quick...story of my life, lately! Things are super hectic, trying to get ready to go away. I have Thurs off (we don't leave until Fri), so I'll catch up then!
  • Quote: Sunshine: Love bbq! Glad your sauce turned out!
    Thanks!
  • Happy HuMp day all.........

Yesterday's food intake

tues. 7/21/09

cottage cheese
    sunflower seeds
    water

triscuits
    diet soda

pineapple
    water

Joseph’s flax, oat bran, w. wheat lavash
    tuna, broccoli slaw , tomatoes (made a wrap)
    water

almonds
    water

sf popsicle
  • hello ladies! Hope everyone is doing well....I'm going to qdoba with a friend today, can't wait!

Also, I have decided to lower my cal requirement because I'm having trouble staying under my fat gram requirement while eating all those calls. I am now at 1500-1600 cals a day and still eating plenty! yay!

b: 1 whole egg
    s: frigo light cheese stick
    l: Naked vegetarian ancho chille bbq burrito (black beans, lime cilantro rice, bbq sauce, light sour cream and corn salsa! yummay! )
    s: 1 serving soy nuts and black bean hummus w/ triscruits
    d: sweet and spicy tofu stir fry with mixed veggies and long grain brown rice

hope everyone stays on plan today!
  • Tuesday:

breakfast
    double-fiber english muffin with laughing cow cheese
    cottage cheese

lunch (I've begun packing my lunch, since the buying options at my new building are much more expensive)
    leftover zucchini w/butter
    fish and green bean stir fry over whole wheat couscous
    grape tomatoes
    little plums from the farmer's market for dessert

dinner
    turkey burger
    mixed veg (green beans, peas, broccoli)
    egg noodles

snack
    decadent caramel corn with pecans and almonds, brought home from our trip to Michigan a few weeks ago. Yum-O! And I didn't eat the whole bag!!
  • Lottie ~ any chance you could share the recipe for sweet and spicy tofu stir fry ?? It sounds good