Old 07-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #1  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default Needing a boost today

I'm neding a little incouragment today. Seems I've been in the 230's for weeks and the scale won't budge. I had some pictures developed so I could "see" that I have lost weight, but I can't see it! I know by the scale I have lost 40 pounds, but I can't see it and nobody else can either. I just feel like quiting today. I wanna eat everything that is in the house! I-haven't yet- so far just a 6oz carton of yogurt. I don't feel like walking today- I just wanna go back to bed and pretend all this fat is just a dream...............

I know in my brain I have to keep going, but it seems my heart is not in it. I'd appricate a few words of encouragment if anybody has any to spare today!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I do know how you feel. It took 50lbs before anyone noticed on me or I could see it in myself. Sigh.

All you can do is Keep Plodding. I'm convinced that's the only way forward in weightloss; kind of get the blinkers on (is that blinders in American?) and keep going. It's not heroic or even very comforting but it's the only way forward and sure as hck beats rolling back.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

You have come so far already! Please do not give up because you or others aren't noticing. You will get there and the only way is to keep going like Ailidh said. The proof is in the scale and the measurements if you take them....it's happening and one day people will suddenly start noticing! It's funny because it's like something clicks in people all of the sudden...I know for me it was a few pieces of sassy looking clothing I wouldn't normally wear and probably the way I carried myself. I was/am very proud of myself and you should be too....41 pounds is a big deal!

It took me about 40-50 pounds for others to notice....it'll be harder for people that see you every day to see it including yourself In pictures I just look funky and still don't stand right lol maybe it was all the years I spent hiding behind one!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #4  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Don't give up!! You have to come too far to stop now!

One thing that's really helped me notice the drop is the pictures I have been taking of myself. I have never done that before losing weight and I think it's so helpful to realize where you started and where you are now. I would totally recommend it.

Also, there are those times where the scale challenges us and refuses to move -- but when we just keep going it'll all of the sudden shoot down.

Stay strong Healthy!!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #5  
i'm on my way

S/C/G: 143/136/125

Height: 5'5

maybe you could measure your waist, thighs, calves, arms, etc so you can see the weight loss through inches lost. you can do that today with measuring tape and measure in a couple of weeks. just another way to see the huge huge progress you are making! stay in there!
sleepandfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #6  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I had a quick look at your blog and guess what I found in the latest entry?

Quote:
A friend is coming over to help me change some of my clothing. After 40 pounds nothing fits right!
**Ahem** If you clothing needs to be taken in, then your body is most definitely changing! Way to Go! That may be another reason no-one has noticed. If you are wearing the same clothes, but they are fitting better people are probably reluctant to say anything.

Keep up the great work! One day you will walk past a store window and wonder who that cute chick is!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I feel the same way today, but all of the comments here are right. You have done an amazing job, what you are doing is working beautifully! Just keep doing it. I also agree, take your measurements. I only lost one pound this week, is TOM, and I want to stuff myself with crackers. However, I lost 1/2 inch off my waist. There is a reason your closthes don't fit anymore baby!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Yes, keep 'plodding' (love that).

Because seriously, in my exact experience you are stretching to the outer limits of where it's not yet obvious/hugely rewarding ... but it's about to be!

You will be so glad you held steady!
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #9  

Height: 4'11"

Go to the store and carry around 4 10lb bags of flour. See how quickly you get sick of them. Regardless of whether you or others have noticed, your heart has noticed, your veins and arteries have noticed, your gallbladder and pancreas have noticed. Eating everything in the house will only make you feel 10x worse. In trying to make yourself feel better with food you will only be punishing yourself. You're 1/3 of the way to goal! 1/3!! That's terrific! Just keep on going and pretty soon you'll be 2/3 and that's aaaaalmost there.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

No one's ever going to notice if you give up. Keep going and eventually someone will notice.

I've felt how you do so many times and I did give up and I put weight back on and more besides and ended up 308lb. You'll never make it to goal by giving up. Don't do it - keep going. You can do it - you are doing it.

No one commented until I'd lost about 50lb. The next 10lb or so really does make a big difference.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #11  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

oh, boy, I can relate to that. Sometimes I have such trouble seeing the differences, or letting what I see penetrate my dang brain. Logic (I sound like Mr. Spock here) completely refutes the idea that there's no difference in your looks after you've lost 40lbs. Sorry.

on top of my brain resisting seeing changes in my body, and the reality of how I look (both thinner and heavier, works in both directions for me) I think these tv shows like Biggest Loser, and all the dramatic before and after weight loss pics in mags and advertising has this weird programming effect that differences in significant weight loss will be HUGE (sometimes those pics represent 100 lbs, 200lbs, and more.)

reality check is that 40 lbs is significant and a great accomplishment. you're achieving your goals, don't let that need for speed overwhelm you (something I struggle with sometimes).

40 freakin' lbs gone!!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #12  

Yeah....what they said! Hang in there!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #13  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 245/221.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Talking Don't give up!!

Everyone needs a boost sometimes-you are not alone. And I love that everyone here is so supportive. Forty pounds gone is something to be proud of and something to keep you going! GREAT JOB!

And I like the idea of going to the store and carrying around around 40lbs of flour.....that should give you a reality check of just how far you have come. You don't have to carry that around any more. How awesome is that??

I noticed someone's signature said "A year from now you'll be glad you started today".....so true.....you'll be so glad that you stuck with it!!
Ragsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #14  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I think the mental struggle is the hardest part of all of this. Your mind likes to fill in the blanks so when it sees you (or when other people see you), the first impression is the same mental image you've always had. It's why people who have lost a lot of weight are often surprised when they don't recognize themselves or still feel fat. It takes time to override that image. You'll get there! You're doing so well, don't give in now!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #15  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks everyone! I went and walked today even though I didn't feel like it. We got our 3 miles in and then I came home and took a nap. I feel MUCH better than I did this morning. Whew.. So, I'm gonna keep on moving forward. I am so glad this forum is here. I know I would have given up a long time ago and I would not be at 40 pounds lost. I got to thinking that if I pushed myself out of this funk and worked hard I could probably lose a good bit more by this time next month. I think I got tired of working hard when the scale did not move, but it is not gonna move if I don't try. I might have to print out all these responses and carry them around for a few days.

You know this journey would be so much easier if it was just about eating the right foods and exercising, there is so much emotional stuff that goes along with it- urg I hardly know myself anymore!

Thanks everybody for being here!!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote