Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Injuries have been ridiculous!!

So first it was my thigh and my elbow. I've had aches and pains in various spots but the thigh was the worst and the doctor who I saw thought I must have strained the muscle there though it was almost better by the time I saw him. Then Saturday morning I woke up and started to walk and my heel was in major pain. So I thought I had a bruised heel and I'm not going to the doctor cause it's already mending but a lady in the office said it was probably plantar faciitis, she's had it before and she said it takes months to heal. I was pretty bummed about that. I haven't exercised in over a week now beside just moving around the house. Hubby gave me a foot massage last night and it seems to have helped, I make sure I stretch before I get out of bed and making sure I wear my runners instead of flip flops. It's doing much better today but I'm missing my exercise!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #2  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

I've had a leg injury - caused by running - for the past 2 months, so I feel your pain!! I've been trying to do other things that don't involve putting pressure my leg ... like the exercise bike, eliptical, working out my upper body, etc. so I get some kind of exercise. Hang in there ... I know it's frusterating when you can't workout.
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

if it's plantar fasciitis, walking helps; although it hurts to get going, it wears off as you walk. one exercise I was given is to roll a can of coke (the size is what matters, not what's in the tin ) from toe to heel in your bare feet. one foot at a time, obviously! hope it clears up soon.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Injuries suck! Are there any swimming pools in your area that you could access??? Also, exercise bikes are a good thing...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Yucky...... hope you're feeling better soon
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #6  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Get a proper diagnosis on that Plantar Fascittis. You can excercise--walk, stretch the muscle and so on--but if it ISN'T PF you could make whatever it is worse. So, be careful with that.

For what it's worth I have had PF for 8 years. I let it stop me from excercising for far too long.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Oh that bites. It's really important right now to be EXTRA careful about what you put in your mouth. Don't give up because remember that losing weight is 80% food and only 20% exercise.

(hugs)
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #8  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Awe, injuries stink I'm sorry you are having a tough time lately.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Sorry things have been so hard. Hope you feel better soon.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #10  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

ho boy, I've had the knee aches and muscle aches and the plantars. I still have to stretch my Achilles tendons every day (I do it in the shower, ha, several times for each leg). doc wanted to give me an orthodic, which at the time I first had the problem (boy, was that excruciatingly painful) was too expensive for me, I had no insurance either. instead I used good, cushioned tennies, and still do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

hang in there, and don't let it bum you out. it's definitely something you can take care of (I agree that you should get the diagnosis confirmed)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Well all the aches and pains are gone. I'm not sure what is going on, at the beginning of the week my weight shot right back up to 299 and I was floored. I've been working on it all week and I'm finally back at 297 this morning and still have a couple of pounds to go. I'm thinking it was the Chinese food I had at the end of last week and maybe I've eaten too much salt but then again I wasn't being super careful with my eating at the end of last week either.

I haven't worked out in 2 weeks not and I'm feeling it. I'm as stiff as can be and I really need to hit the pool. It's been too hot to go the the gym so I'll have to dig out my Wii or something very soon. I'm going to see if my mom will watch the boys tonight for an hour so I can go to aquafit. I hate feeling out of sorts and not working out. Going from working out 5 days a week to nothing sure takes it's toll. Even my hands and wrists were stiff and sore this morning, they still are in fact.

But I'm back on my way, the heel isn't hurting and the thigh is better as well. So slow and easy this time.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote