One good side effect of my surgery....

• Weight loss--a whole stone (14 lbs) in about 10 days.

I think it is due to several factors:
    --less room in my stomach due to the swelling in my belly
    --the nutritious food that folks have been feeding me
    --the fact that I can't drive yet
    --not eating out daily like I was when I was working
    --walking on the treadmill daily (10 minutes at a time)

I am using this opportunity to re-set my body and get it healthy. I feel like I've got a second (or third or hundreth) chance to do right by this body God gave me.
  • I'm so glad to hear from you! I've been wondering how you were doing? So how are you doing? How's your recovery going.

I'm thrilled to hear of those 14 lbs gone. Keep on doing what you're doing - no stopping - just continuing - and there will be plenty more pounds vanished. This is a wonderful opportunity!
  • Thanks for asking Robin! I am healing beautifully....I am listening to my body's messages and resting when it says rest and moving when it says move! I go for my 2 week post op doctor visit in a couple of days. I haven't had any narcotic pain killers in over a week. I'm hoping to be released to swim--I miss my pool!
  • it still sounds ow though.....
  • I'm glad that things are going well!!!!! 14 lbs. That's awesome! I'm glad that you are listening to your body and not pushing yourself my dear. *mega hugs*
  • I'm glad too that things are going well! Sending lot's of healing vibes but you are well on your way. Awesome about the 14lbs, I'm so happy for you.
  • That's awesome, Jen! Glad you're mending well!
  • Quote: it still sounds ow though.....
    You betcha! I still havent been able to sleep in my bed yet because I can't get comfortable (can't lay flat or lay on my side without pulling). But nothing like the pain of the first week! So glad that part is behind me!