Old 06-30-2009, 01:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/301/mini goal 299

Height: 5'8

Default New from Texas and looking for a Support Buddy

Hey everyone!

I just started my weight loss journey *again* today! I am tired of feeling this way and I am ready for a change.

Bit of my background: I am married to the love of my life! He is absolutely amazing! He tries his best to offer support but he has never been overweight and really doesn't get it. But I gotta love him even more for trying.

I have been "bigger" all of my life but I really packed on the pounds after a basketball injury due to being in a wheelchair and depression from never being able to play again. I continually gained weight but didn't look or feel bad. Then my husband and I got married and tried to start a family. Without success on our own we endured two rounds of in vitro in which I gained 40 lbs each round partly due to the steroids taken daily and the sadness of "trying" to get preggo. We have moved forward and are happily waiting to be chosen as adoptive parents! In this journey of trying to become parents I have realized that I really want to change my outlook of eating for me of course but also for my future children. I want them to be healthy and I want them to have a healthy mom!

Time for change! So that's me! I know this will be difficult at times so I am looking for a support buddy so we can lean on each other when it is gets rough and to be each other's cheerleader during the great times!

Thanks!
stephanielllll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:17 AM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome, Stephanie! I'm glad you're here!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Stephanie!
Sounds like you have been through a lot.
This is a fantastic place to get support and encouragement.
Welcome!
What's your plan? I'm always curious to hear about people's different approaches.

Last edited by Alana in Canada; 06-30-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #4  

hello fellow texan. I just joined this forum a few days ago. Lots of interesting info; great to see/get feedback. My goal is to lose 90 lbs (ouch, it hurts just to type that). Same as you; not feeling as I should. I am trying a diet where you eat 4 times a day; am eating fresh fruits & such that I haven't in a long time. Actually kinda fun but am giving it a week before I can actually brag
Best of luck to you.
tallgal8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #5  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Stephanie!

We're here for encouragement, support and general chatter so just jump right in!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/301/mini goal 299

Thank you so much to all of you!

My approach will be to follow weight watchers and do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. So far so good...but it is only 10:00 right?
stephanielllll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

One step at a time, Stephanie! You can do this!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Welcome aboard Stephanie! You and I are the same height, and I was about the same size as you when I started - I know people always hear "if I can do it, anyone can" but I REALLY mean it LOL there is not a lazier, self-indulgent girl on the planet than I was (notice i say WAS, I worked on that!!), but even I managed to pull it together and drop some tonnage, so there's hope for anyone LOL I'm sure you'll do great, and be sure to check in with all of us, there's lots of great advice, lots of support, and lots of butt kicking if you need it. I always like when new people post what they eat in a day, and then people offer suggestions on what's good, what could improve, but if you're doing W.W. i'm sure it's all planned out for you! Good luck and stop by every day
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote