3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New Here, Looking for a support buddy/ies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/175330-new-here-looking-support-buddy-ies.html)

TaraLee 06-27-2009 06:04 PM

New Here, Looking for a support buddy/ies

Hi... I'm Tara. I posted a long ol' intro in the general intro forum and a bio here.

I am currently 280 pounds and am hoping to get down to 140 pounds, maybe in a years time.

I am here cause I really, really, really need support and encouragement. I have spent the last year hiding from my weight problem. Always doing the "I'll start tomorrow," or as I'm scarfing down something deep fried or chocolate dipped "It'll be my "last" treat." The tomorrows and "lasts" just kept drawing out and I am now up to 280 pounds.

I need outside support because my husband's self control is worse than my own. He enables me to the verge of sabatoge (he picked up chocolate covered donuts at the grocery store earlier today for example) and I feel that its up to me to really take control of our lifestyle (I tend to be the trend setter in the house, he gladely following my lead) and I need all the help I can get.

I have a second hump to overcome. With the economy being in such a rutt my husband has lost hours at work. I now have to figure out the healthiest meals I can on a very skim budget so if anyone has any links, recipes, etc. I'd love to have the input.

Lastly, while everyone here has been very friendly and so far very encouraging I am hoping to find a weightloss buddy (pen-pal, phone-pal, email or pm here) who needs to lose around the same amount as I do.

Thank you all for a warm welcome, I can't wait to start sharing our successes!!

Thanks everyone for a super welcome

CLCSC145 06-27-2009 06:31 PM

You're in the right place! This is a very supportive group. I think you'll find a whole host of folks who are in need of losing a similar amount and many more who can certainly identify with the struggles of weight loss.

:welcome2:

momof5k 06-27-2009 09:37 PM

Hi Tara!

I started just about where you are and my goal weight is also nearly the same.

If you need an ear or a shoulder or .... just PM me!

CandaceG 06-28-2009 12:11 AM

Hi Tara,

I certainly understand where you are coming from. I too need to lose a lot of weight and can sympathize with cravings for tasty but unhealthy foods.

I too am in a financial crunch, it is not easy to eat healthy when healthy food is so expensive. The price of store brand dinky twinkies is pretty cheap compared to fresh broccoli or fresh strawberries!

If you would like to be supporting partners and friends send me an email.

Be strong, I know you can do this. :)

Candy

Brown Eyed Staccie 06-28-2009 01:21 AM

Hi there,

I am very similar to you!! This is a great step and a great support community !

losingitandlosingitwell 06-28-2009 09:47 PM

Hi Tara!
I'm looking for something the same or at least similar. I am in my 200s trying to get down to the low 100s over time. If you want to talk or vent or anything, send me a message (same goes for anyone reading this post).

Smiling_Sara 06-28-2009 10:39 PM

welcome! you are at the right site for support. It's really great here. The knowledge on this board is awesome. Stick around and post often. I look forward to getting to know you.

cfmama 06-29-2009 12:06 AM

Welcome welcome to our little home on the web!