I LOVE summer

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • especially summer fruits. I have a fridge FULL of peaches, plums, nectarines, blackberries, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon and honeydew. I just had a big bowl of blueberries, blackberries and skim milk. Heaven!

So what is your favourite summer fruit? How do you like to prepare it?
  • Mmmmmm kiwis and peaches and cherries just to name a few. Also I love papayas!
  • watermelon is my favorite!!! and a close second is raspberries and strawberries and blackberries, all mixed in vanilla yogurt with granola.

I love cranberries too, but i guess they aren't really a summer fruit
  • i usually go for the strawberry/blackberry mix. i LOVE LOVE watermelon but I can't control myself LOL i cut it in 4 and that''s 4 servings lol not a good thing!
  • I got some blueberries and i froze 'em. I like to put them in the blender along with nonfat plain yogurt and pineapples and make a blueberry pineapple smoothie. soooo good.
  • Definitely kiwis, cold, eaten with a spoon. Mmmmmmm.
  • Watermelon, hands down! We've gotten some nice, sweet ones this summer, too!
  • Peaches and blueberries! I love fresh blueberries with my cottage cheese!
  • My three year old son Phoenix LOVES peaches. Like has a passion for them. At least 3-4 times a DAY I hear "mama... can my haz a peaches?" "PWWWWEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE!!!!!" It kills me every time
  • I love strawberries. Absoloute FAV! Especially local ones which are out this time of year. I could eat them on everything or just like candy straight from the box.
  • Right now strawberries are my favourite as they are in season around here. I am heading off to the local U-Pick farm this morning to get a 4 L basket. I always intend to freeze them but most will be eaten fresh. Um...maybe 2 baskets?
  • I got the most GORGEOUS firm, sugar sweet cherries yesterday - for $1.49 a lb! That's an insane price. See they were so inexpensive I bought a lot of them. Big mistake. Need I say anymore?

Yeah, cherries is definitely a fruit I can (& do) overeat.

Along with those cherries, I got some other incredible sweet and priced well fruits. We had a field day last night. Blackberries, strawberries, honeydew, watermelon. And blueberries the size of small grapes. Yumm.

One of my very favorites is raspberries. And I too am a peach lover. They are so good. I look forward to them all year. I've been cutting one up and putting it my salad along with baby spinach, orange peppers, red onion, grape tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. What a little taste treat.

Oooh, almost forgot about mangoes.

Quote:
    So what is your favourite summer fruit? How do you like to prepare it?
    That's the great thing about fruit - yeah they go great with other things, but they are FABULOUS all on their lonesome. You wash them - and eat them. No preparation, no nothing. Isn't nature amazing?

That's why I say all the time, there is no deprivation to be found in "this lifestyle". NONE. We're eating fabulous foods. Rethink what a treat is. Not some calorie laden, fat & sugar laden, additive laden - garbage, that you eat in half a minute and then you are left feeling like crap and with added pounds on you. Fruit. Fresh delicious fruit. Nothing can compare to it. For it's goodness, ease of use, nutrients and taste and long lasting benefits - long after you're done chewing it. Good stuff. No, make that - great stuff!
  • Straight up cherries.
    But I love blueberries too.
    In fact I usually pick & freeze about 20 quarts of blueberries to last me & my oatmeal all year
  • Oh ya. I have the peach obsession too! I remember as a kid even rubbing them lightly on my face because I liked the fuzzy on the outside. lol.

Also love kiwi, strawberries, and mangos. YUM.
  • white peaces, wow! watermelon, great to eat in the summertime...mmm. I found a yellow watermelon once at a farmers market, kind of odd and sweet.

love blueberries on top of cereal (we eat strawberries on top of cereal several days a week). is good with cottage cheese too.

then there's cantelope and honeydew, I like honeydew a little less. when cantelope is in season, is really delicious. a couple of slices of that with a sunnyside up egg and piece of toast, perfect summer breakfast for me. (and a cup of coffee)

I'm a big fan of cranberries too, yes is a winter fruit, ha.

haven't met too many fruits that I don't like.