3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   An intro; I'm new 'round here. :-) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/175040-intro%3B-im-new-round-here.html)

Breeezie 06-23-2009 11:03 PM

An intro; I'm new 'round here. :-)

Hello! I recently joined 3FC, so I wanted to say hi and give a quick intro.

I'm 35 years old, not married, no kids (just furry ones), have an amazing boyfriend of almost a year and a half, and I live a pretty satisfying life for the most part. :-)

I've struggled with my weight for about 10 years now and I've been on EVERY diet under the sun. I most recently (about 2 years ago) did a liquid diet dealio and lost almost 50 pounds. Then I met my boyfriend and got lazy with the dieting, but managed to keep the weight off. Recently I've gone hog wild with the eating (stress eating), and in about one month's time I'm now up 12 pounds. Not as bad as it could be I guess, but I'd maintained and gotten used to the low 240's for awhile, so this recent 12 pound spike is pretty disheartening.

So anyway, here I am back in the saddle. I need to lose these new pounds and then continue on from there. This time around I'm calorie counting. Today was my first full day tracking and counting and I ended at just under 1500 cals. I'm still trying to determine exactly how many I should have a day, but 1500 sounded like a good place to start.

Anyway. I'm rambling. Its nice to be here and I look forward to getting to know everyone! :-)

Tummy Girl 06-23-2009 11:24 PM

:wel3fc: you're in some good company with calorie counting around here and there's a lot of help people can give you if you need advice.

Also, just wanted to extend a congrats on halting the back slide when you did, it is so easy to put all the weight back on before you know it so give yourself a big kudos for starting before that happens.

Look forward to seeing you around, post often!

finni 06-24-2009 03:40 AM

Intro from me too

Hi, I'm a newbie too. Still haven't figured out how the heck to post wihtout it being a reply to somoen else....Help!

I'm 43, 3 grown kids, been with my partner for 27years so far.

I have battled weight all my life, but am now at the heaviest ever.
Not for long!! I don't wont the life I can see ahead of myself, so I'm getting of my *** and doing something about it. On that note, off to the garage to spend some intimate time with the treadmill!!!

Have a great day....

Sandie

TraceyElaine 06-24-2009 08:21 AM

Welcome and welcome! Make yourselves at home!

chickiegirl 06-24-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finni (Post 2798212)
Hi, I'm a newbie too. Still haven't figured out how the heck to post wihtout it being a reply to somoen else....Help!

Welcome to you both! :) Don't by shy to jump right in, we're pretty chatty 'round here.

Sandie, when you're on the main page of a forum (looking at all the posts before clicking on one), in the top left hand corner at the top of the lits os "new thread." Click that to start you're own.

ChocLabLover 06-24-2009 08:51 AM

:welcome3: to the forum!

synger 06-24-2009 09:21 AM

Welcome! this is one of the friendliest, most encouraging weight-loss groups on the Web. I've looked at many other forums, but this one is amazing, especially the 100 lb. Club ladies.

Post often, so we get to know you!

Delphi 06-24-2009 09:38 AM

Welcome to the community! :)

Breeezie 06-24-2009 09:51 AM

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, ladies! And hi Sandie, fellow newbie! :-)

scarletmeshell 06-24-2009 10:04 AM

Hello Ladies. Welcome!

Smiling_Sara 06-24-2009 10:07 AM

welcome! you will find this site to be fill of wonderful ppl with wonderful information to help you on your journey.

lizzyINPA 06-24-2009 10:12 AM

Welcome to the group!

The folks around here are wonderful!

I am also counting calories; I am a lifetime WW member and I've gone back many times, but it was just getting really stale for me. I have lost 8.5 lbs since I started at the beginning of June, so I really think calorie counting is doing me well! I track on fitday.com.

If you go to the calorie counters section here on 3FC I believe they have a sticky for how many calories daily to reduce your weight. If I'm not mistaken I think you should aim for around 1900 a day (that's what I'm doing). But absolutely double check it because I could be wrong.

In any case, welcome!

Sandi 06-25-2009 01:33 PM

:welcome:

daniela 06-25-2009 01:46 PM

Welcome Breeezie! This is a great place with lots of support and information. I started off at 1500 cal with similar stats but then bumped it up when I added more exercise (I've made many adjustments along the way & I'm still learning). It's all about finding what works for you :-) Glad your getting started, all the best!

H8cake 06-25-2009 02:28 PM

Welcome Breezie and Sandie, this place has been a huge help to me and many others. You'll get great support and advice here to keep you on track. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!