Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

suze76, I think we have talked before about medical coding. I am not sure if I told you about this or not..... but I lost a lot of my weight b/c of my treadmill desk. You can look it up on GMA or google it for a cheaper version of it. Many people don't realize a lot of what we do sitting down can be done walking. I have walked off and left 70 pounds. I never want to work at a job that I cannot have one. It does not have to be fancy..... just so it does the job.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't really watch tv other than maybe half an hour during dinner. My mom though when she watches tv at night does it on a gazelle. She started with 10 minutes and worked up to an hour. She said it helped a lot with her energy levels as well as losing some weight.

Last edited by nelie; 06-20-2009 at 09:46 AM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #18  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I do several little things throughout my days. If I take the kids outside, I will walk up and down my driveway (which isn't long at all) while they play. If I'm watching TV, which I rarely do, I'll pull out my step and do a little freestepping. If I walk over the babygate, I'll go back and forth over it a few times. I even walk laps in my house, which again isn't very big, but hey every little bit helps. If I'm at my desk, I use my exercise ball as opposed to my chair. EVERYTIME, I'm on the phone, I'll walk up and down my driveway while talking. Oh and I have been in the habit of taking trash to the big trashcan outside inside of just using the ones in the house. If I'm cooking or in the kitchen doing whatever, I'll walk in place or do side steps just to get my heart pumping.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #19  
Sheri

Height: 5'5"

ladyrider - thanks for he post on the treadmill desk! I had no idea such a thing even existed, but what a great idea! OP I'm a huge fan of cranking up the radio and dancing in the house between projects. My physics professor wused to tell us that your brain starts to learn less efficiently after 45 minutes, and declines from there, so I guess breaking every hour gives you the most "brain power" for your buck. I just finished grad school, so I know how the temptation to sit and study or write a paper for hours comes over you - to just get it done - but if you set a timer and did short spurts of activity like PP said, you might also retain your schoolwork better.
EyeSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #20  

Hi,

Thank you for the additional ideas! They're great, and I will start using them now. I didn't know there were more respones to my post-for some reason I stopped getting e-mail notifications.

Ladyrider-yes, I think you were the very sweet and helpful person I talked to about medical coding-thanks! I'm studying Pharmacology now, which is a real struggle for me.

Take care,
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

suzie76- I wish you all the best. I think you will go far in your career choice!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote