Old 06-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #16  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel hughes View Post
I told my husband that it was noted these bars could make me gassy. He said "Yes! Now thats what I like!"

Sometimes I worry about him..lol
Have him eat a bar and you two can have a contest on who likes each other more.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

I love fiber bars! I get the Active Lifestyle bars, with oats and chocolate, and they've actually become my main tasty treat. I try to eat one a day, to avoid difficulties.

It did take some getting used to them... the first time I tried one, I thought it was too tough to chew. But I've come to enjoy the complicated texture.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I personally don't do well with any of those bars. To me, they are practically candy bars. They are over very quickly, don't fill me and I feel as if I haven't eaten. Plus they leave me clamoring for MORE of them. Not good. I need lots of filling power and VOLUME from my calories. So for me, the best way to get in lots of fiber is to eat LOTS & LOTS of veggies and some fruits & beans as well. There's also whole grains, which I tend to avoid though, they are perfectly fine for most. I have never, not one day since changing my diet, have suffered from constipation. I would have my good friends - veggies to thank for that.

I would ask you, what does your daily menu look like? How much fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains are you eating?

ALL fruits and veggies have fiber, some more then others. Here's a partial list of some high fiber foods.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art49479.asp

I urge you to incorporate as many as possible into your diet. Oh and don't forget to drink lots of water when you do so. Fiber expands in the stomach and you'll need the extra water. On top of all the "bathroom benefits", fiber is essential to good health and is a weight loss powerhouse.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #19  
Out is Through

Fiber One Oats&Chocolate..DELICIOUS! The South Beach Living Maple Nut bars are also really good..try them out see if you like them!
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #20  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

I love them! I agree that they tend to make you gassy, but I only experienced this when I had two at a time (I was having two for my breakfast at one time). It did not hit me usually til early afternoon, but when it hit - - boy howdy! I have since decided they are a better occasional snack. Especially when having that candy bar craving. I like the choc and the peanut butter.
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #21  

Height: 5'11"

I love the Oats and Chocolate, and the peanut butter one. I think I'm going to give them up, though, because they don't just make me gassy--they make me feel like a volcano is rumbling in my gut and I need to stick close to the bathroom starting a few hours after I eat one. I've tried for several months to work up to the amount of fiber, to eat on every second or thrid day. It doesn't matter; they still give me explosive, rumbly tummy. I got a big box at Costco and I think I'll give the remainder to my son who has an iron constitution.

I love the way they taste and they make a filling morning snack, but I just don't want to deal with the volcanic belly!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #22  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I love the chocolate one Never really had a stomach problem with them but I don't eat them a lot. They are good for a quick-gotta run after the 3 small kids that are going in 3 different directions kind of snack lol
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

I like them, especially the apple streusel and chocolate. Nice sweet treat
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #24  

I love the Fiber One bars but I don't eat them often. They make me gassy, make my stomach gurgle and noisy and eventually just make me wanna GO. Fast. Suddenly.

But yes, they definitely help with the constipation.
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #25  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 275/257/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita09 View Post
Have him eat a bar and you two can have a contest on who likes each other more.
He doesn't need any help..trust me..

But I can tell you he would LOVE that.. A gas contest is right up his alley. I think I'm married to a 6 year old. = )

Last edited by mel hughes; 06-14-2009 at 12:03 PM.
mel hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #26  
Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I personally don't do well with any of those bars. To me, they are practically candy bars. They are over very quickly, don't fill me and I feel as if I haven't eaten. Plus they leave me clamoring for MORE of them. Not good. I need lots of filling power and VOLUME from my calories. So for me, the best way to get in lots of fiber is to eat LOTS & LOTS of veggies and some fruits & beans as well. There's also whole grains, which I tend to avoid though, they are perfectly fine for most. I have never, not one day since changing my diet, have suffered from constipation. I would have my good friends - veggies to thank for that.

I would ask you, what does your daily menu look like? How much fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains are you eating?

ALL fruits and veggies have fiber, some more then others. Here's a partial list of some high fiber foods.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art49479.asp

I urge you to incorporate as many as possible into your diet. Oh and don't forget to drink lots of water when you do so. Fiber expands in the stomach and you'll need the extra water. On top of all the "bathroom benefits", fiber is essential to good health and is a weight loss powerhouse.
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be checking into that link.
My menu is in desperate need of some revamping. I am terribly picky, and I just can't stand a majority of fruits and veggies. I am determined to introduce some into my diet, though. I know it is much needed. Do you think drinking veggie and fruit juice, like V8 Splash will help? Maybe not with the fiber, I suppose.
I think I'll check out your link and add some items to my grocery list for tonight.
Thanks again!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #27  
Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Kittibuck View Post
I love fiber bars! I get the Active Lifestyle bars, with oats and chocolate, and they've actually become my main tasty treat. I try to eat one a day, to avoid difficulties.

It did take some getting used to them... the first time I tried one, I thought it was too tough to chew. But I've come to enjoy the complicated texture.
Oats and chocolate sounds wonderful!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #28  
Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
I love the Oats and Chocolate, and the peanut butter one. I think I'm going to give them up, though, because they don't just make me gassy--they make me feel like a volcano is rumbling in my gut and I need to stick close to the bathroom starting a few hours after I eat one. I've tried for several months to work up to the amount of fiber, to eat on every second or thrid day. It doesn't matter; they still give me explosive, rumbly tummy. I got a big box at Costco and I think I'll give the remainder to my son who has an iron constitution.

I love the way they taste and they make a filling morning snack, but I just don't want to deal with the volcanic belly!

Gosh, I don't blame you! I could imagine that is awful!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #29  
Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanceDiva View Post
I love the chocolate one Never really had a stomach problem with them but I don't eat them a lot. They are good for a quick-gotta run after the 3 small kids that are going in 3 different directions kind of snack lol

Sounds like they may be right up my alley..lol. My youngest has mastered crawling, and he is becoming quite the escape artist. Gets down the hall far too quickly!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I like the apple and strawberry Fiber One bars, but definitely only eat 1 a day or 1 early and 1 late otherwise my tummy is not good and I don't eat them as often as I once was.

I too was/am a picky eater. However play around with recipes, indgredients, etc. you'll be surprised. My hubby and I went out to Chilis last night. I was good and ordered the guiltless grill chicken and my hubby ordered his usual chicken fried steak, with corn, mashed potatoes and gravy over everything. The chicken and rice was really really bland and I had a bite of his potatoes, it just didn't taste good (I used to love those potatoes and gravy) even my honey said the food wasn't that good. I think since we've been eating so much better at home our tastes have changed so that all the oil, grease and yuckiness just doesn't taste that good anymore.

Either way, good luck to you and keep up the good work.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote