Old 06-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #16  
Searching

I love that we can all discuss poo!
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I've had this issue sometimes too. In fact, I've had it so bad that I've had to take meds for it. BUT, the last time I took something, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like little gremlins were picking away at the lining of my stomach at about 2am. I went to the bathroom, and when I was done I stood up and had one of the worst dizzy spells I can remember. I know I knocked my huge clothes hamper over trying to catch my balance, and I don't remember a lot of what happened after that, only that I did wind up on the floor ( I think I thought I could crawl back to my room ) and I remember sweating, even tho I was not hot or cold. It was scary. Now, I still don't go every day ( which kinda stinks and is uncomfortable ) but not nearly as scary as what I went through last time I took a pill that is sopose to "help" I will put a spoonful of benifiber in my coffee in the am tho sometimes
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #18  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I have never had this problem until I started a high protein, low carb diet. Now I am dealing with it periodically, and just yesterday I was starting to think I was going to have to hit the laxatives. But I made a protein shake with psyllium last night and that seems to have done the trick. And how!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #19  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

When I do eat carbs, they're whole grain/high fiber. And I try to put ground flax seed into my breakfast shakes a couple times a week. Plus I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies. So I don't have a problem with constipation, though I HAVE noticed that I poo less frequently than I used to.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #20  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I eat whole grain, get around 40 grams of fiber a day, TONS of fruits and veggie but these stupid organ relaxant drugs are seriously kicking my butt I actually have to fast today as well for a life insurance nurse to come tonight so it's a good day to drink lots of water and stay in the bathroom
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #21  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm normally very, very predictable in my bathroom habits, but I am having medicine-related issues also (opiate painkillers for my shoulder). I usually solve the issue with a salt water flush, but it's sort of gross, and while I haven't found any research saying it's immediately dangerous, I do worry about side effects and so only do it when I -really- have to, and only then because I have violent reactions to stimulant laxatives (last time I took one, I threw up. For two days).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #22  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
I have never had this problem until I started a high protein, low carb diet. Now I am dealing with it periodically, and just yesterday I was starting to think I was going to have to hit the laxatives. But I made a protein shake with psyllium last night and that seems to have done the trick. And how!
This started for me also when doing this diet....um...I mean "way of life"...
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #23  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey, I noticed Julie mentioned the flaxseed. I wanted to give my thumbs up for this too.

I buy the golden flaxseed from the bulk bins and grind it in a coffee grinder. It is full of Omega 3's and definitely "help things along." I usually put it on my breakfast mix in the morning--6-grain cereal, yogurt, almond milk, almonds, blueberries. Maybe TMI, but I have no problem!

The best thing about golden flaxseed--$1.49 for a POUND! That is the cheapest source of natural Omega 3 I know of!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #24  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Thighs: thanks for the tip! I'm going to pick some up

I was DOWN 2.5 lbs this morning. That's awhole lotta poo
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote