Tuna?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • What's the vote on Tuna? Is it something people are eating & if yes, are you eating a whole can? What are you adding to it?

Thanks!
  • I was eating it. The StarKist brand Albacore White in the pouch. Depending on hunger I would eat a large or small pouch. Added mustard, a little sweet relish, salt and pepper. I would make one or two sandwiches with diet bread. It was wonderful and worked out great until one day it tasted a little "off" and I have not had any since. That was over 2 months ago. That does happen to me a lot with meat and fish. My taste buds get messed up, things start tasting bad and I stop eating whatever it is for a while. Right now I am off of almost all meat and seafood except for shrimp. I am really hoping I can handle tuna again pretty soon as it is a favorite low calorie alternative for me.
  • I like tuna as well and get it in the pouches. One of my comfort food favorites is a tuna melt sandwich. Luckily, I saw this recipe for a Portobello Mushroom Tuna Melt on that "Cook Yourself Thin" show. It is SUPER yummy! Don't leave out the parsley or the lemon juice, they are so good in this!
  • I have a fabulous recipe I found for tuna with cottage cheese on my blog. I found it in a magazine.
    So yummy.
  • Tuna is one of my best friends!

Sometimes I make a huge bowl at the beginning of the week and the entire family eats from it in some form or fashion. Whether it's a tuna sandwich, with crackers, on celery, alone, etc., it's a family treat. It helps when you're having unhealthy cravings as well.
  • I used to eat it a lot, but then I think I ate too much. Now it sounds dreadful. Someday I'll probably start eating it again.

Personally I don't like the pouches because I can't get it dry enough. I don't like tuna juice AT ALL!
  • Oh! I forgot to add one of my favorites:

tuna on Red Leaf lettuce (Green, Romaine or any lettuce for that matter)
  • I LOVE tuna. This made me decide what I will have for lunch tomorrow, so thank you!
  • I like to make a pasta salad out of tuna. I used whole grain or Barilla Plus spaghetti, cooked til al dente. Run it under cold water to chill. Then I add lightly steamed and chilled broccoli florets (small), a can of tuna (drained), a bunch of chopped dill pickles, some dijon mustard, a splash of pickle juice, and just enough Low Fat mayo to moisten. Add some seasoning salt and toss. Its so good, my kids love it, and I have mine on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes.
  • Now I'm going to have to head to the supermarket tomorrow to stock up on tuna!
  • I eat it in tortilla wraps with red peppers, banana peppers, tomatoes and red and green onions. With the spice of the peppers, I don't even miss the mayo!
  • That sounds absolutely delish!
  • I like a nice Salad Nicoise with leaf lettuce, green beans, baby red potatoes, olives, shallots, tomatoes, hard-cooked eggs and tuna fillets (the kind packed in olive oil). If I make it, I have to serve myself a portion and then put the rest away, otherwise I'll make my way through the whole bowl!

Georgia
  • I eat lots of tuna.

Tuna melts with a 1/4 cup cheese mixed with sour cream
    Cloverleaf tuna steaks... the curry is so omg yum
    Tuna with mustard and lots of pepper, tons of lettuce in a whole wheat pita
    Tuna with mustard on wasa

Tuna=love
  • Yep. LUVSIT. Had it for dinner last night. I eat it at least twice a week.