Thanks 3FC!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I went to the Drs this morning, and I’m down 81 lbs. since I saw him last, which to my shame was just over 2 years ago! He said “how’d you do it” and I said “you know something??? I’ve read dieting books and self-help crap my whole life, but this crazy website called 3 Fat Chicks gave me the leg up I needed!”

I can’t remember who said what, but these are things that got me going, and where I am now!! So THANKS to whoever said it!!!

#1 You don’t have to wait for “the perfect time”. Fake it til you make it!
    #2 DON’T THINK ABOUT WALKING – JUST WALK! OMG you would NOT even believe the big deal I used to make about going for a short (and WOW do I mean short, like barely around a block!). My favs are:
    It’s too hot/cold/windy/bright/dull/etc.
    Someone will think “aww the fat girl is trying to walk”
    Ugh I might sweat
    I don’t have any socks, I don’t have the right pants (?!), I’m tired, blah
    #3 Eat Breakfast, which doesn’t have to be cereal, it doesn’t have to be meat and eggs, it can be whatever you need it to be.
    #4 You don’t have to be perfect, just consistent. Slip ups will happen, but don’t let it ruin your day – but by the same token, don’t just slip up and say “oh well tomorrow’s another day” TOOOO often! Don’t let one bad choice turn into a bad day or week or month or in my case, 20 years!!!

So thanks for the REAL LIFE advice, and all the gals (and dudes!) who've shown me that success is THERE for the taking, no one's stopping us
  • Hey Trazey34, I've seen you here for awhile now, and you have done so great with being persistent and getting with it, getting back up and most of all, never giving up! Good for you, gal!

Jay
  • Yay!!!!!! Go You!!!!!
  • I feel the same way. That is first thing that comes out of my mouth when asked about my weight loss...this site! You have come so far and you are indeed an inspiration. Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Trazey, we should all thank YOU. You just keep plugging away and plugging away. You always tell it like it is. And it's all done with a GRAND sense of humor. I'm so glad to have you right along side me through this never ending journey.

You must have floored your doc by the way.
  • Even though I have been back here for a short time, I have really enjoyed your advice and sense of humor. Love the excuse about the socks!
  • Trazey, congratulations on your 81 pound loss! I understand how you feel about 3fc's. I have also benefited greatly from being here. There's so much cumulative knowledge about nutrition, exercise and different ways to look at things. I would never been doing so well weight wise without this site.

Keep up all your amazing work and thanks for sharing your journey and sense of humor with us.
  • Good for you! Congrats!
  • Well done!! Of all the weight-loss boards out there, 3FC is the one I come back to over and over again. This group is amazing!
  • Congrats! There is something to be said for the people on this site. Glad they're around to help me, too.
  • Quote:
    Of all the weight-loss boards out there, 3FC is the one I come back to over and over again. This group is amazing!
    There are other weight loss boards? This was the first, last and only one I've ever found. Upon finding 3FC, I never felt a need to look elsewhere.
  • Trazey - this is so awesome. - I am so proud of your accomplishment!!!!
  • Thank YOU for being an example for US, and for your great sense of humor!
  • Congrats! and Great Job!
  • Well done, girlfriend! I bet your doc was chuffed to bits!