3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Is it just me? Can you see a difference? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/173271-just-me-can-you-see-difference.html)

glutio 06-02-2009 11:10 PM

Is it just me? Can you see a difference?

I had my husband take pics today to compare with the old ones I had him take when I was trying to do 30DS. I can't tell if I can tell a difference between the two. I keep thinking maybe I just thing there's a difference because I'm standing up straighter in the right picture or because I have a sports bra on over a regular bra instead of just the sports bra.

But I took measurements in Dec when the first pic was taken and I'm down 1.25 in my neck, 1.5 in my bicep, .5 in my forearm, 2 in the chest (above the girls at the armpits), 3.5 in my waist, 3.5 in my hips, and 2.5 in my thighs.

What do YOU think?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2466/...7b34b12c_o.jpg

picturemeperfect 06-02-2009 11:15 PM

I think I can see a difference. :) You look healthier in the new picture. Less puffy and from what I can tell in the new one your cheeks have slimmed. Your on your way and it's starting to show! ^_^ Congrats and keep going!

TraceyElaine 06-03-2009 07:04 AM

I think you do look a bit slimmer in the face. Last year my highest weight was 278lbs and when I lost the 28lbs no one noticed. I had taken pics also and I couldn't tell either. Evnen though I had gone down 2 sizes in clothes and I could feel it. This time I am only down from 261 to 249 and everyone notices. You look like you are VERY similar in body shape to me and once you start to get to the 250s it will start to realy show. I also tend to show in the face before anywhere else.
Keep up the awesome work to BTW the 30DS is hard. Good for you!

rockinrobin 06-03-2009 07:42 AM

I think I may see a difference!

I know for me, it took over 35 lbs lost, closer to 50 lbs lost till I or anyone could notice a difference.

What kind of program are you following? Just know that sticking with a healthy eating & exercise program WILL result in weight loss. And once the pounds start coming off and coming off - you most definitely WILL see a difference, there will be no question about it. :)

rochemist 06-03-2009 08:22 AM

Yep its there girly, through your face and arms. KEEP GOING!

thistoo 06-03-2009 08:26 AM

Losing weight and exercising consistently will help you stand up straighter naturally. So yes, there is a difference because of the effort you've put in. Be proud of yourself! I can especially see it in your chin, believe it or not. :)

flowers99 06-03-2009 09:07 AM

Your face and neck seem slimmer for sure. It's showing!

Congrats on your efforts and on your results :)

scarletmeshell 06-03-2009 10:53 AM

Yes, yes, yes, you can tell a difference especially in your face and neck. Congratulations, keep up the wonderful work!! Thank you for sharing your picture with us.

glutio 06-03-2009 12:09 PM

Aww, you guys are so great! I realized after I posted this I never even looked at the forward facing photos! I was so preoccupied with these two!

I joined Weight Watchers on April 20 and started officially exercising on May 20. I'm currently trying to get in the habit of going to the gym 5 times a week, walking at least 5 miles a week and doing some strength training. I'm also considering taking a fitness kickboxing class with a friend this summer which could be either really awesome or kill me! I don't have any pictures from earlier this year which I think would show a more drastic change (I think).

My gym doesn't have classes, but I'm thinking about trying to find a yoga class that doesn't require me to pay for another gym membership.

luvja 06-03-2009 12:26 PM

For sure, You can really tell in your face. :bravo:

L R K 06-03-2009 12:30 PM

You can tell the difference, especially in your face and neck area. Well Done!

time2lose 06-03-2009 02:20 PM

I can definitely see a difference in your face and neck!

DCHound 06-03-2009 03:14 PM

At least 2 inches in the waist and 1 inch in the hips. Have you taken measurements? Have you been in for a bra fitting lately ~ that would probably bring you down at least a size. Good job, you!!!!

SamanthaJubilee 06-03-2009 03:19 PM

I know it is silly, but in addition to what the others have said I noticed that the underside of the chin looks like it's slimmin down (or up?) & I noticed that your forearm is much smaller.

glutio 06-03-2009 03:41 PM

DCHound, I have taken measurements, and the difference overall between the two pictures is about 22 inches, I think, with about 5 each from the hips and waist.

Bra fittings are hard because NOTHING in town carries anything over a 42, and I should be around a 48. The bras that I have now are mostly cotton because they stretch and can at least keep things in. Unfortunately, they don't hold things up very well which is why I wear a sports bra over a regular bra to exercise (regular gives shape and sports lift them up, otherwise I'd have giant pancake boobs in a sports bra). I am excited to actually be able to bra shop in a store soon, though.