Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I wrote in an earlier nsv that I was able to sit down in my size 16 jeans when I started I couldn't get them over my hips. So the weekend came to wear them out. Some girlfirends and I were meeting a group of guy friends that come to visit us every 3 month or so. I had on my jeans standing out side the club we were meeting at by myself and one of the men we were waiting for walks by and give me "the look" you know head to toe look, and smiles, then his mouth drops open once he realizes it it me! I think we were both shocked at his reaction, he didn't even recogonize me! I got "the look" more than once that weekend. The attention is a little odd for me but you know a girl could get used to it! Deffinately worth giving up crackers for.
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #77  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Today was horrible. By the end of the work day I was in tears, which I tried to be discreet about, but our security guard caught me anyway. He's so sweet, which of course just made it worse! So I cried on the half mile walk back to my car, and I cried during my half hour drive home, and I thought about going to the grocery store and getting some ice cream. My weight's not budging, so who cares, right?

(I also thought about stopping at the liquor store for a bottle of wine, but that would have been a disaster.)

Instead I went home, ate a salad, and went to spin class. Didn't make the day suck any less, but I feel a lot better about working out and sticking to my plan than I would if I'd binged on sugary carbs.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #78  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Silly little nsv this but - I'm starting to plan a wardrobe for my next vacation, Germany in late September; yes, I know I'm extremely fortunate to be able to vacation abroad twice in the year! Anyway, I find I'm contemplating skirts and even dresses for like the first time in years and years and years!
Most people believe I move around on castors, I'm Never seen out of trousers; my general clothes regime is drag on a pair of stretch waist trousers, take more care with pretty tops. Now it seems I'm thinking feminine. Hm.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:27 AM   #79  
Caroline

I hope you'll forgive me spamming this thread lately, but truth is I really need the positive reinforcement it offers right now. I have been very frustrated this week and reminding myself of little victories is the only thing currently keeping me from falling right off the wagon into a pizza-and-ice-cream binge.

I mentioned this in the One Reason I'm Staying OP thread already, but it's an NSV so it bears mentioning here as well. I'm wearing a size 11 skirt today! Not quite the same as fitting into my size 12 pants (still too tight), but it's not a 14, so I'll take it.

On top of that, this is the third skirt I've worn to work this week. Used to be I could wear a skirt one day and then pay for it with chafed inner thighs for the rest of the week. But this is not only my third skirt this week with no chafing, but I walked half a mile from the parking lot to my job this morning in this thing with no problems at all. (Well, my shoes aren't that comfortable, but that's a different problem!)

It feels pretty good to be able to wear skirts again on a regular basis, especially during summer in the south. Now I guess I have to work on remembering to shave my legs more regularly.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #80  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Hey thistoo,

You are not spamming!! We love seeing NSVs
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #81  
Caroline

Thanks, time2lose! I actually feel a little better for having posted today, so I really appreciate the support.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey thistoo... congrat's on the skirts and the non-chafing. I still marvel at my thighs not rubbing and chafing in skirts. I carry my weight in my lower half so I had terrible problems with that. Your nsv's not only help you, they help every one of us that comes here and reads them. So post away! Congrat's to you for rewarding yourself with healthy food and exercise when you are down. That is a huge nsv! It's so hard to get over the thinking of junk food being a reward, but it really isn't. You are doing GREAT!
My nsv is a young friend of mine, she's in her early twenties, noticing how much weight I've lost. She has always been tiny, but has started to notice her weight changing in the last year since she got married. She was asking me for advice on how to manage it. It's funny because I've lost the weight over the last year and a half and she has seen me every few months but she didn't notice until yesterday. I think the last twenty pounds is really noticeable.

Last edited by H8cake; 06-25-2009 at 02:17 PM.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

My bath towel wrapped the entire way around me today when I go out of the shower!!!!!!!!!
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Okay, I had to add another one! After wearing my towel around my apartment for awhile, I decided to try on a pair of jeans that I've been trying on for about 2 months now. First time I tried them on, I couldn't get them over my hips and butt. Today, I am wearing them out of the house!!!!!! They are a juniors 15 that I wore many years ago. The last time I remember wearing them comfortably was to go see the Spiderman 2 the night it came out in theater. They are a little snug, but they fit, I can breath and won't offend the public it I wear them out!!! I'm so excited!!!
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #85  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Wildthings - outstanding on both counts!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 277/258/165

Height: 5'8

I had to have a bridesmaid dress taken IN a little for a July wedding I'm in (that I could barely zip last November). And I weaned myself off of soda. Which has been my achilles heel!

And congrats, Wildthings!!! Fitting into old jeans is a great feeling

Last edited by nursedeannarae; 06-27-2009 at 02:13 PM.
nursedeannarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #87  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Thistoo you are absolutely amazing a true inspiration to boot Im sorry you had a bad day at work congrats on overcoming comfort food binging, we all so know and have been guilty of doing.And wearing skirts too and know chafing, I look forward to that day myself....keep posting NSV

Wildthing, Kudos to you too a towel wrap and jeans you must be walking on clouds!!!

Scarlet you got the "LOOK"!! must feel good, and empowering

Ok for my NSV I had the munchies, something terrible last night, all I could think of was the chips and cashews, in the costco size and a glass of wine......so looking at the clock and it was late I made myself to go to bed. And I was glad, the scale showed a lb down this morning, after up a little down a little and itwas always up the same and down the same but never below, and I feel great that it finally broke threw, I lose weight sooooo slow.And I wasn't given in. A battle I won over my flesh.The spirit is willing but Flesh will through you under the bus.lol
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #88  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Two big (for me) NSVs today...I wore the smaller of my two old pair of size 18 jeans in public today...they started out a bit snug but stretched and by the end of the day, were loose...this means I only have *2* pair of jeans left from the last time I lost weight that are still too small. Wow.

The second is, sometime after Christmas I was in Costco getting food and happened to glance over in the clothes section. I'd never shopped clothes there before since I was a size 30 when we joined years ago. I meandered over and began looking at the jeans. Gloria Vanderbilt, they went to a 16 misses. At the time I was probably a 22W, much much too large for those jeans.

Phone rings, friend, we talk, she tells me, buy the 16s. I said, if I EVER fit in to them, it'll be months and months. It's a waste of $$. She insists, buy them. They were less than $20. And I loved the color. So I bought them.

Yesterday I tried them on again - last time was maybe 2 months ago and I could juuuuust get them barely over my hips but they were no where close to meeting.

THEY FIT!!!! They don't look GOOD yet - a bit too obscene to wear in public - but they buttoned and zipped and didn't look too bad. I have a very important social thing I have to do at the end of July and I KNOW they will look GREAT by then.

Wow.

Edited to add: Duh! Forgot another one! I had to go buy new bras again yesterday...smaller...40DD!!! That's HYOOGE (a huge NSV, not huge in size, well, not small LOLz but not huge).

Last edited by DCHound; 06-27-2009 at 08:05 PM.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #89  
Caroline

My NSV for today is that I've started sewing for myself again. For the longest time I didn't bother, because nothing looked decent on me and it wasn't worth spending the time or the money. But today I cut up some old fat jeans and made a cute A-line skirt out of them, without even using a pattern. It felt great to make something myself, and even better to be able to re-use old clothes that will never fit me again.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #90  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Last night I was helping DH with some computer work and realized I had actually put his laptop in my lap. I can't remember the last time I had enough of a lap that something could actually sit there!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote