Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #1  

Default Have You Ever......

Just sat outside and watched the rain? I live in the High Desert of Southern California and we are fortunate enough to have had thunderstorms, rain, and even hail all day today.

Right now I am sitting on my back patio watching the lightning, listening to the thunder and the patter of the rain. And it is really amazing.

It gives me the opportunity to just stop and focus. Not worry about what is for dinner or what other work I have to do tonight. Not think about what I should be doing for my weight loss. Just to...BE.

I lost my father 1 year ago and I've been thinking alot. He lived a long, full life. I haven't done HALF of what he had done by the time he reached my age. What am I waiting for?

I was just reading the post someone else put up about what they have stopped doing becaue of their weight. Yep, I identify with that one. I have stopped MANY things, I avoid MANY invitations because of it. Where has it got me? It hasn't motivated me to change anything. I've been playing the avoidance game for at least 15 years. That's a LONG time! My dad would never have done that!

So - I will sit here and continue to listen to the rain, listen to my thoughts, think about how small my struggles REALLY are in comparison to the thunder and the lightning. And maybe really find my place in the world. Wow - there's the hail!
PugLvr760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I love rainy stay at home days from time to time
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I love the rain. My favorite are great big rainstorms with lightning and thunder. It DOES remind one about our place on the planet and the awesomeness of Mother Nature, and somehow puts things in perspective.

I am sorry about the loss of your father -- sometimes it is great to have a positive role model in our lives. They can truly inspire us to greatness..

Enjoy the rest of your storm...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #4  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Oh yes! I live in Minnesota, right at the top of Tornado alley so we get some good thunderstorms here... I love thunderstorms!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #5  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

... I wanted to add that I lost my dad too so I know how that goes. And I totally feel you about thinking about not feeling like you've done much with your life or taken chances. That has been where I have been in my life. I'm tired of putting my life on hold because of how I feel about my body. Nothing like trying to get healthy to really make you stop and think about your life.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #6  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I love the rain, how it smells, how it sounds...
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/228/165

Height: 5'9"

i have a life long connection with high winds, serious thunderstorms and torrential rains.

ever since i was a little girl i have believed they meant change. the weather was there to show me things were changing.

so meditative. i'm envious!

isolde, livin' under calm blue skies
stillclock is offline   Reply With Quote