I am back - boy do I need to focus on me for awhile.

• So I have adjusted my ticker back for the 8 pounds I have gained since meeting my valentines goal. I was doing so well at the beginning of the year, it's like I hit a milestone and just totally slacked off. Sadly I have let 3 months go by ~ I am sick to think of all the goals I had set in that time that I just ignored. My daughter is now 3 years old. So I am back, I am logging EVERYTHING I eat at the daily plate. I have given myself 1700 calories a day, that's what started the weight coming off, I just need to plan better.

I see some amazing updates in the few months I have lurked, congratualtions to all of you.

Back on the horse -

Angie
  • You're off to a great start. Now ask yourself how bad do you want to lose weight? How bad do you want it? That is what will get you through....do you want it bad enough to go through rough times? You can do it.............
  • Welcome back! Stick with it... you'll be down those 8 lbs in no time!
  • I am so glad that you are back I'm 259 and losing weight NICELY on 1700 so you should be just fine
  • So good to hear from you again. I'm thrilled you're back. And even more thrilled that you've re-committed.

Quote:
    I just need to plan better.
    Well there you have it. You've identified one of your biggest obstacles. If you "just need to plan better" - then you MUST just plan better. I've been doing this for almost 3 years now and have not missed one day of planning out my food schedule in advance. And then there's the other part of planning - being prepared. Having a fully stocked home. Preparing meals & snacks ahead of time and having them ready to go whenever needed. I'm with you 100% on this one - eating healthy will not just happen on it's own. It must, must, MUST be planned for.

I look forward to hearing of your progress.
  • Welcome back and YES, planning is so key! RockinRobin is a testament of this, but we're so much less likely to slip when we know what we need to eat daily and don't stray. At 1700 calories those 8 pounds should melt off in no time!
  • Welcome back! You sound like you are ready to tackle this!