Old 05-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #16  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsmama View Post
Mug-what part of KY? I'm in NKY.
Im in Western KY. Near Owensboro.....supposedly KY's third largest city.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #17  
Trying so hard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Most insurance covers anyone who is driving your car- so just take him off the car. My mom told the insurance that I wasn't a daily driver, that I'd only use the car "now and then" to run an errand for her. The insurance told her don't even add my name then. We had allstate btw.

I mean if honestly your son doesn't really drive the car anyways what's the point of putting him on insurance as a full time driver?
Well he has his own truck...we pay for it. Its in our name though, so maybe we could get by with it???? I may try it.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #18  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Oh yeah- if the truck is in YOUR name then you can do that. I had my own car and the car was in my mom's name and it's my mom's insurance agent who suggested she not put me on the car (but make sure you insurance is full coverage and covers ANYONE who drives it). Just tell them something like he rarely drives it so I don't want to pay for a service I'm not using.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #19  

I wouldn't chance lying to insurance with a new driver who has his own, basically, truck. It's too easy to get caught if anything happens (and if you get caught, you've got bigger problems--like insurance being cancelled and not covering any damage he's caused).

I find it interesting that your husband has decided that your son needs a vehicle full time, but you're the one whose personal spending money is supposed to pay for it--not your husband's, even though it was his decision, and not your son's, even though he's the one to benefit.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #20  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I hate the Kentucky heat so much. I do videos and my boyfriend will not put the AC on. It's like 10 degrees hotter and humid in our apartment. It's soooo bad. I feel bad for the furry cats.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #21  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

You could try the Walk Away the Pounds dvd on really warm days. Also,
some gyms are cheaper than others, maybe you could find a cheaper gym.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Aw, mug

Consider making a one-time purchase of a piece of home exercise equipment -- and then using it exclusively.

Besides finding sales (my Schwinn bike was just under $200) you might also browse your local Craigslist fitness section, other classifieds for used equipment.

Maybe you could find something low enough to average out favorably $$ compared to say, a year's worth of gym membership.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #23  

Height: 5'9"

I'm sorry to hear that I understand about giving things up due to $ issues. I had to resign from Weight Watchers
However, A gym membership or not, it won't slow you down. I have never stepped foot in a gym. I HATED walking at first, but now I love it. It's something you eventually enjoy. Good luck
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 266/256/151

Height: 5'2"

If you have a local YMCA, most offer complete or partial scholarships based on income. Once a scholarship is granted, eligibilty is reassessed every 6 mos.
raec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #25  
Trying so hard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
I wouldn't chance lying to insurance with a new driver who has his own, basically, truck. It's too easy to get caught if anything happens (and if you get caught, you've got bigger problems--like insurance being cancelled and not covering any damage he's caused).

I find it interesting that your husband has decided that your son needs a vehicle full time, but you're the one whose personal spending money is supposed to pay for it--not your husband's, even though it was his decision, and not your son's, even though he's the one to benefit.
Well, it was both our decisions really and my husband actually does put us first, always putting our needs before his. In fact, I noticed him deliberately not picking out very many food items for himself this weekend while grocery shopping, so I could get the healthy stuff I needed. He always does things like that and puts us first.....has for 19 yrs now. so thats not really the issue...I do understand about it being a chance we shouldnt take with the insurance policy and such.....Gosh, wish there was a majic button to push, like the Staples Easy Button....
Old 05-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Is there an air-conditioned mall nearby that you can powerwalk in? A lot of malls even have walking clubs...
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #27  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

wow--so many great ideas here--3FC is great!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #28  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Mall walking can actually be fun, even though you will be the youngest there by 30 years if you go during the early bird hours. The older folks will love to talk to you.

Is the gym you go to the only game in town? We used to go to the hoity-toity gym with racquetball courts and two pools and 20 classes a day. Then we realized we were paying $65 a month to basically use the treadmills, ellipticals, and weights! We moved our membership to a 24-hour, no-frills gym. No classes, no pool, no tennis courts - just cardio and weights in a strip mall. It's only $29 a month for both of us, and we can (conceivably) go whenever the mood strikes us.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Also, if you have a Wii the new game EA Sports Active is great!

I bought an elliptical at a yard sale last weekend for $10.00 and a bicycle for $20.00 Schwinn bike still had plastic on it and it costs $170.00 in the store, I saw it in Wal Mart but got it (looks like new) for only $20.00!

Good luck! I grew up in Eastern Ky. btw!
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #30  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

I was looking on craigslist today for a treadmill at home, so there's another option.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote