3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability/Menu/Planning 25 - 31 May (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/172484-accountability-menu-planning-25-31-may.html)

nicolen 05-25-2009 02:42 AM

Accountability/Menu/Planning 25 - 31 May

Hey lovelies!

Well, today was average. I heard about the job and it's not good news - not going any further. When I heard, I wasn't happy, but now - well, it wasn't meant to be. Maybe another time. I'm happy enough where I am, and there are apparently a couple of opportunities coming up at work which could be promising for me. So, I'm disappointed, but it's not the end of the world. I've got a job that is always interesting and mostly satisfying and I'm in no danger of losing it, so that puts me in a better place than a lot of other people.

Work was busy - the storms over the weekend meant lots of claims coming in. I'm always amazed by people in the first few days of snow - one guy I lodged a motor vehicle claim for made the comment that he saw the snow, but didn't realise there was ice under the snow. Seriously, what was he expecting?

Gym was good, food not so good. I bought takeaway for dinner and told myself I'd get subway - right up to the time when I walked past subway and into the fish and chip shop next door. It's done, and I'm not going to feel guilty about it, but I will keep a close eye on what I eat for the next few days.

Jab, that's no good at all. Stress eating is one of my downfalls as well, and it sounds like you did well NOT to stress eat. Take care!

MJ, I'm thrilled the wedding went well. Yay for being back on track!

So, that was Monday. Have fun everyone!

jab91864 05-25-2009 07:48 AM

Nicolen ~ sorry to hear things didn't go the way you originally wanted with the job. I know how troubling that can be and sometimes we just have to keep reminding ourselves of what we do have to get thru the disappointments. Sounds like you have it figured out and that is good.

Sunday 5/24, 2009

Fresh egg omelet w / Morningstar crumbles, mushrooms, tomatoes
Water

1-forkful (bite) hashbrown potatoes

Triscuits
cheese
Water

Grilled skinless turkey breast
Bean and tomato salad
6oz Blueberry & pomegranate juice

Banana
Sf lemonade

Triscuits
Sf peach tea
water

Well I ate too many triscuits for the day, but it's better than it could have been !!!

I had driven everyone to the dairy queen for an ice cream treat after I grilled steaks for dinner. That was after I made bacon and hash browns for breakfast...lol. I must be a sucker for punishment or something.

Anyway my final straw came last night while watching a movie. My son was sitting next to me eating cheddar cheese potato chips and I really really wanted some. I could feel myself growing weak, so I dug out my box of triscuits and some crystal light and it got me thru.

Slashnl 05-25-2009 09:44 AM

I've been having a really fun weekend. But, I have not been to the gym all weekend. I should have gone, but we've been doing a lot and I've been sleeping in. I'll have to get back at it tomorrow morning.

We have a big baseball tournament for the Junior College World Series and there are teams from all over the country here. Just a fun time to watch a lot of baseball. I will get back on track again!

Nicolen - Sorry to hear about the job. But, you're attitude is good, something else will come along. It just wasn't meant to be.

Jab - Triscuits are much better than what you could have done!! Good for you!

mj5 05-25-2009 11:01 AM

Good Morning! I just came back from our town's parade and my brother's speech. He did an great job. It was really moving. I was standing w/ his kids and he started talking about the sacrifices of families when soldiers are deployed, they started to fidget a bit (they know he will be deployed again), I started to choke up....anyway, it was a great speech. Our dad would have been proud.

nicolen--Sorry it wasn't the news you wanted about the job. Sounds like you are looking at things in a positive way. Exactly, it's done...no need to feel guilty.

jab--you are so strong!!! I would say some extra triscuits are not bad at all!!

Diane--I'm back at it (exercise wise) tomorrow too...gym clothes are already packed!

CC--So good to see you back around here. The meal delivery plan sounds like a good idea. I know my portion control is way out of whack...especailly if I am eating 'healthy'...too much good stuff, is still too much!

Beverlyjoy--How are you?

Schmoodle--Hi!!!

I just had a nice healthy bowl of fresh fruit (yum!). Now I need to finish up a few things around here (some laundry, pay bills...fun stuff!!!) Then I am going to find a movie and chill w/ the dogs!

Oh, I have to put a picture on here of them lounging on the king size bed at the hotel....they were SO funny there!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

CLCSC145 05-25-2009 12:18 PM

Hi everyone! Nothing much to report here. No big plans for the holiday, though that means it's time to clean up my house. Maybe I'll go to the garden center and get some new flowers for my window box. It's empty except for a few shriveled brown stems. Hardly a fitting tribute next to my flag that I put out this morning.

I treated myself last night to a child size fat free chocolate yogurt cone. I felt a little embarrassed asking for the "child size" considering I'm the size of many, many children, but honestly it was big. All I could think was, this is what's wrong with portions today! It should have been called a large. And a child size should be something that, oh I don't know, a "child" could hold in their little hands! Regardless, though, it was a nice treat and I enjoyed every minute. No guilt, no damage done. I didn't get in exercise, so I definitely need to do that today.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

nicolen 05-26-2009 02:47 AM

Oh my goodness, today was an exercise in frustration. One of our servers at work was down for the whole day - no access to external email and no access to our shared drive which has all our documents on it. The technical people say that it will fix itself overnight, but I've got a list of things that need doing before I get anything else done tomorrow. Don'tcha just love technology. On the plus side, they're replacing our coffee machine tomorrow so that's got to be good.

The gym went OK. I don't think it was a spectacularly good workout, but at least it wasn't a spectacularly bad workout, either. That's something at least. I'm a bit sore - I nearly tripped up yesterday while doing step ups and have a nice bruise across my calf. Style and grace - not found here!

Jab, I'm not entirely sure what triscuits are (some sort of cracker?), but they've got to be better than ice cream, so well done you!

Diane, don't beat yourself up - we're allowed a break every now and then. As long as it's only a *short* break!

MJ, sounds like your brother did a fantastic job. You've got to feel for those kids of his, though.

CC, nothing wrong with that! Ice cream isn't something that I buy because I really don't eat it that often, but on the very odd occasion that I want an ice cream, I go and order one scoop in a cup, rather than a cone.

Beverly, Schmoodle, Rhonda, everyone else, hi! How are you all doing?

Take care all.

mj5 05-26-2009 05:22 AM

Good Morning everyone! I could get used to these long weekends! Of course, today is probably going to be super hectic, but that's ok....it will be worth it!

CC--Wanna come clean my house??? As the sun was streaming through the windows yesterday I realized how dusty it is! Oh well, I'll get to it this weekend. Did yo uget some flowers? Sounds like a great treat for yourself! I always order the 'baby cone' at our local ice cream place.

nicolen--How frustrating!!! Technology is great, until it malfunctions!!! Oh no, glad you didn't hurt yourself too badly yesterday! I know, it is so hard on his kids when he is deployed. He is in communications, so he always has e-mail access and sometimes a phone, but it is so hard on them.

Hi to everyone else! Pop in when you can and let us know how you are doing.

I have a nice healthy lunch packed. My gym clothes are ready to go. Ahhh, it feels good to get back into a routine!

jab91864 05-26-2009 07:04 AM

Monday 5/25/09

4 oz Blueberry & pomegranate juice

Banana
Water

Grilled skinless grouse breast
Bean and tomato salad
Cottage cheese
Water

Lf yogurt
Spoonful muesli
craisins
water

3 oz Blueberry & pomegranate juice

Happy with my food intake yesterday and went for a nice long walk. Back to work today...ughh

Nicolen ~ Triscuits are a baked whole grain wheat cracker. They help me with my fiber intake and I can keep them in my locker at work.

Sounds as if everyone had a great holiday weekend !!! Frozen yogurt sounds good !!

Have a good day !

Schmoodle 05-26-2009 09:27 AM

It's hard to get back to it after such a perfect weekend - 4 days off, a little work, a little playing, time with friends and family, and gorgeous weather - what more could a weekend want? Today is cold, windy, and wet, so maybe that will help me focus on work.
Here's my plan for the day:
B: scrambled eggs and salsa, coffee with milk
S: virgin Mary, 3 bean salad
L: grilled turkey breast over salad
S: skim latte, raw cauli with hummus
D: something with lean ground beef but I'm waiting for inspiration to hit???
S: South Beach peanut butter cup

i already took my walk, in the rain, brrr. sweatshirt weather again!
jab, I've never had grouse - taste like chicken?
Have a great day mj, Diane, CLSC,
sorry about the job nicole.
Hey to Rhonda, Beverly, cfmama!
Have a good one chicks!

Slashnl 05-26-2009 10:28 AM

Yep, back at it this morning. I wanted to sleep in, but I made it to the gym. Had a pretty good workout, but I felt a little sluggish. But, tomorrow should be better. I missed going over the weekend! But, the baseball games were so much fun. We'll have games all this week, too, so we'll hit the night games. I've avoided the Navajo tacos, though, so I'm doing well! Ha!

Schmoodle: Maybe we're sending our soggy, cool weather your way. It rained a lot here this weekend.

MJ: I'm with you. As much fun as the weekend was, it is good to get back into a routine. I can really make excuses not to be on plan when there are weekends like this one.

Nicolen: It's amazing how tied we are to our technology. It kills us when something goes down here. Good news about the coffee maker, though!

CC: Yum. Frozen yogurt. It is amazing though how large portions are now. You chose well!

Jab: Are you raising your own grouse? Did you get it hunting? I absolutely love grouse!

Rhonda: We need to hear from you!! Please check in!

Beverly: Hope you had a good weekend!

GirlyGirlSebas 05-26-2009 11:16 AM

Hi Friends. I've been lurking, but not posting. I've fallen off the wagon and not made my way back on yet.

CC- It is so good to see you back here. Congratulations on your two new fur babies.
Nicolen - I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the job you wanted.

I've begun to re-structure things around here with my home and my family. This past weekend, I began de-cluttering, budget planning, looking into church's, spending more time with the kids and the husband and journaling. The stress and emotions have been getting the best of me lately and the food has been my comfort. I'm hoping to turn this around this time.

CLCSC145 05-26-2009 12:09 PM

Rhonda, I wish there was something we could do to help! In the moment it's so hard to see that the comfort of food is really short lived - literally minutes. So to prolong that feeling we just keep eating and eating, making our stress so much worse in the long run when we wake up and see that we've undone all that we worked so hard for. It's not worth it. But that's a truth we're shielded from in the moment by the very comfort that is biting us in the a$$. Come out of lurking and post about how you are feeling - it doesn't have to be just the rosy "I'm on plan" stuff.

I go back to the doctor tomorrow. I'm sure you don't remember, but I was seriously doctorphobic for nearly 20 years. I just never went. I think a lot of it was a fear of having a health professional yell at me for not taking care of myself. And a fear of what problems I could have that I just didn't know about.

Much like avoiding the scale, just because it's not official doesn't mean it isn't happening. Well, I finally worked up the nerve to go. I was so nervous that my blood pressure looked like I just ran a marathon and I totally cried like a baby for no reason. She gave me a prescription for Xanax for next time. Tomorrow, I'm glad that she'll see I've lost more than 20 pounds! I'll also find out if I'm pre-diabetic and if I have fatty liver disease, from the results of my 3 hour glucose test and a liver ultrasound. Both things were such a wake up call for me that this isn't just about being fat, it's about the havoc it wreaks on your health. By avoiding the doctor all those years, I was able to convince myself that I was immune from the health problems. But I'm not. Thankfully if I do have either of them, they can be reversed by what I've already begun.

I hope everyone has a good day!!

mj5 05-26-2009 06:34 PM

Hi everyone! I went to the gym tonight! Wow, it's been a while since I have been able to say that! I did 30 mins of cardio. Tomorrow I will do cardio and weights--upper body.

jab--I may have to get some blueberry/pomegranate juice! I keep seeing it in your menu and it loos really good!

Schmoodle--I know...so hard to get back into the groove after 4 days off!

Diane--Great job getting to the gym! I went today too! YIPPEE!

Rhonda--Glad to see you. One thing at a time. Sounds like you are on the right track!!!! I need to de-clutter around here, hopefully starting this weekend!

CC--Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. Good for you for taking charge of your health! CONGRATS on the 20lb loss!!! That's awesome!

Have a great OP evening!

nicolen 05-27-2009 03:04 AM

You know how every now and then you have one of those weeks when everything goes wrong? I'm having one of those weeks this week. I just about got hit by a car tonight! A bit of background, I live on a small side street that runs between 2 major arterial roads. The bus drops me off on the wrong side of the arterial road, so I walk down to the corner and wait for the lights. I don't try and cross that road without the lights because it's rush hour and drivers in this city are lunatics. And it's also getting dark early and I have a black jacket, so I'm not the most visible thing around. So I get the little green man and start crossing the road, and a car decides to jump the lights and misses me by about a foot. I think I should just stay in bed and pull the covers over my head for the rest of the week - but with the way my week's going, the ceiling will probably fall on me!

But apart from that, it wasn't a bad day. All systems up and running today at work, and things are relatively quiet. Long may it continue. Tomorrow - gym, work, home. I lead such a thrilling life! ;)

MJ, go you for getting to the gym! Brilliant stuff!

Jab, your menus always sound so yummy!

Schmoodle, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

Diane, isn't it strange how you miss the gym when you don't go?

Rhonda, fantastic to see you! You'll be back on track before you know it!

CC, good luck with the doctor tomorrow.

Right, tomorrow is going to be a good day. Nothing is going to go wrong.

mj5 05-27-2009 05:05 AM

Good Morning!!! I am up way, way too early...could make for a long day!

nicolen--Oh my goodness! I am so glad you are ok! I read your post fast the first time and thought you said you did get hit! People need to slow down!!! I hate weeks like that...hang in there, it's almost the weekend.

So, my knee hurts (surprise, surprise), but I am still going to the gym as planned. Can't let that get in my way! I am back using the calendar/sticker plan for myself--I keep saying it, but haven't pulled it out 'officially'. Well, I am just about to put a sticker down for yesterday. Yippee!

Have a great OP day everyone! I need coffee...........................