3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   #159 Goals Determine What You Are Going To Be (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/17247-159-goals-determine-what-you-going.html)

Jenniffer 06-17-2002 09:27 AM

#159 Goals Determine What You Are Going To Be

#159...were moving right along. Is it just me, or is absolutly amazing that it's the middle of June? Looks like this is so far a pretty good month for alot of people. Do you all find that it's easier to stay on track in the summer than winter?

2ofMe 06-17-2002 09:40 AM

Hi Jenniffer! I'm baaaackk!! (After about 6 or 9 months.)

How the heck have you been? I hope that things have been improving for you since we last "spoke".

The year IS going fast, but I find it is easier to eat foods in smaller amounts, lower in fat and calories, etc in the summer. First of all, it is easier for me to eat a nice, cold, crisp salad on a hot day than in the dead of winter. In the winter, I look for hearty foods - pot roasts, stews. Oh, and in the summer comes fresh sweet corn, tomatoes and cucumbers (my favs).

2ofMe
annie

JML 06-17-2002 09:41 AM

I can't believe it's the middle of June already. Where does the time go? It doesn't make much difference to me whether it's summer or winter as far as weight loss efforts go. It's the same struggle, no matter the season.

I like goal setting. I like to make them within my grasp, I like to set them often, and I like alot of them. They keep me motivated, and keep me feeling successful all along my path -- which is long. I'm 1 1/2 years into my journey and figure I have another 1 1/2 to go, before I begin the maintenance journey. I need lots of checkpoints along the way of my 3 year weight loss journey, lest I not make it to the end because I've lost heart. I've never gotten to the end of this journey, though I've started it many times. I don't know what it will look like.

What I notice is that in setting and achieving weight loss goals, I'm wanting to set and achieve goals in other areas of my life too. Nothing concrete yet, but it gets me thinking about it.

Jeanne
250/203/145

BA99TJ 06-17-2002 10:00 AM

I'm Back!

I feel like I've been gone for so long... there are threads I've never even read! I was completely without internet access for 3 days, and in the middle of moving... but its OVER its DONE and I actually managed to sleep for about 8 hours last night for the first night since I don't know when.

We're still in the midst of unpacking, but we're actually almost done, amazingly enough. And I LOVE MY NEW APARTMENT!!! Hopefully once we get everything unpacked and the pictures on the wall, I will take a few pictures and give you a virtual tour :)

I'm still working on maintaining. I went to the doc's on Friday, and according to his scale, I've lost 2 more pounds, but I won't know for sure until I go to weigh in tomorrow night. The REALLY awesome news is that #1 my blood sugar levels were completely normal, and #2 My blood pressure is DOWN! It was 139/97 the last time I was there, and it was 126/83 this time. So he was very very happy, and reminded me that losing 31 lbs is a TREMENDOUS accomplishment, and sometimes its actually a good idea to lose a chunk, then maintain, then loose a chunk, maintain, etc etc etc.

I shouldn't dissappear again, we're back to quiet at work, and life at home is calming too.

Lots of love to ALL of you!

Charbar 06-17-2002 10:15 AM

Welcome back Beth Anne! You were missed!!!!! :love:
Glad to hear that your life will be getting back to "normal" - sounds like there was stress all around with work and your move.

congrats on your blood sugar and blood pressure. My dh, Jim, is now doing ww with me because of his high blood pressure. He is on 4 different meds and we hope that with diet and exercise we can get him off them.

I can't wait to see a virtual tour of your new home! Congrats :)

Dana

debbers 06-17-2002 10:35 AM

I think it's easier to stay on track during the summer, simply because I've got 2 months off, and I can keep to a routine. I get in too big a hurry in the winter sometimes, and am always in danger of choosing the convenient food over the healthy choice, and have an easier time making excuses not to exercise.

Jennelle 06-17-2002 10:46 AM

Congratulations on your health victories, BethAnne! That was so cool that your doctor was happy for you! It helps when other people share your joy.

Jenniffer - I find it's easier to stay OP during the summer. Part of it is the heat - it's easier to eat fresh fruits and salads during the summer. Also, I think it's the fact that summer clothing is more revealing. For me, having to wear shorts reminds me that I should be eating better!

Jennelle

Jenniffer 06-17-2002 11:04 AM

Goodmorning everyone. I just finished my OP breakfast and starting my 2nd 32 oz cup of water. I am on my way to another OP streak.

I am feeling a bit better, which is good. I took it easy this weekend.

AND....I found an apartment and was accepted and I am moving in next weekend. WOOHOOO! It's actually a small cottage. Private, cute, clean and I can afford it. I am so excited!!! I can have cook outs, I can garden, I can do anything I want. I get the key on Thursday and I will start some painting. I can't wait!!!! It's been a long time, about a year. And I am so so so so excited. Did I tell you I was excited?!?!?!lol

Jennelle..Thank you sweetie. I doubt my doctor meant to hurt my feelings. He wasn't nasty about it at all. But it still hurt. But hey, the truth hurts.

Jen..You summed it up right. This is the ultimate motivator.

Jiffy..Thank you..I am feeling alot better now. I have my moments. But one good thing, no appetite at all. I have to force it down. Never had to do that before. lol

JML..Getting rid of clothes that are too big is one of the greatest things in life. Enjoy!

Slimdown..Well, you reached that point. Your certainly being tested now and you are staying strong. GO to your meeting tonight and smile. You are there. You aren't home hiding and denying. Though you overate,you sure had alot of other good things. It's all about balanace.

2ofme..Welcome back sweetie!! How are you? I am still here. Chuggin along, and trying to sort life out. But am surviving, and that's what matters. Are you back for good? I hope so. Post soon! We've missed ya!

BA..Glad to hear about your test results. That is awseome. Life is calming down for you now. Up and down, up and down. Constant roller coaster is life.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong.

JacobsMommy..SANDI..get your butt in here now! *hugs*

Charbar 06-17-2002 11:16 AM

Summer is easier right now because of the exercise. I think I might have to join a gym once it gets cold again.
I agree with everyone about the fresh fruits and veggies - they are so much cheaper in the summer. When we lived in southern california (my dh was there 10 years and I was there just the summer when I met him) it was much easier to diet. They better choices in food and it's available locally.

Walked 2.5 miles this morning :) Doing damage control from the weekend :lol:

How did you all celebrate Father's day? Sara & I gave Jim a book and a morning of peace so he could read it. (we went shopping!! :) )

Dana

BA99TJ 06-17-2002 01:21 PM

Jenniffer - That is SO great about your apartment... isn't it wonderful to find a special place to live that can be yours? I hope your landlord is as great as ours! And btw, sandi posted somewhere that she probably wouldn't be around much until next week.

Slim- thanks for the well wishes!! It's DEFINATELY a relief that everything is over and done with, I'll tell you that. I think I lost those 2 lbs just from stress!! :) (if they are still gone tomorrow!)

Jennelle - I'm sorry to hear your birthday wasn't great.. hopefully you will have a wonderful week to make up for it. My birthday is in 2 weeks! Isn't june a great month for a birthday?

Inca's Momma 06-17-2002 05:29 PM

Well my "dieting" efforts suck but I hope and pray that I may be moving too...woohoo. Found a cute 1 bedroom house with a fenced in backyard for my dogs. Should find out tomorrow if accepted, I sure hope so cause my neighbors in the apartment are very LOUD. Pray for me guys!

Kim

PNG 2 06-17-2002 07:12 PM

Well, it wasn't planned, but it looks like I'm on Slim Fast for a while, my wisdom teeth are reaaaallly bad, and the oral surgeon wants at least $1000 DOWN to start on them, so, until I get the money together, I have to eat foods I don't have to chew, and fill with liquids too, I was fighting my way through it, but last night, it all came to a head, and the entire right side of my face swelled up, and hurt so bad all I could do was lay there and wish someone came along with a shotgun to blow my face off... I'll probably take my pay this week, and instead of getting my hair done, like I'd planned, get some silken tofu and fruit, to do smoothies, grab some taters, and yams, all those good things that can be mashed... what's the worst that could happen? I lose a few pounds and get over my chewing fascination?? lol I'll be trying to get as much healthy stuff in me as possible, it sucks to give up my morning cheerios tho :(

And, the mystery of me suddenly gaining and puffing up is solved, good ole mom nature snuck up on me , and is now kicking my arse...bleah

Beth Anne, welcome back, I was beginning to wonder if you were ever coming back to us!

not feeling to great, so I'll come back and do individual replies later....

jiffypop 06-17-2002 09:57 PM

geeezzzz.. i was just reading all these happy posts, about new moves, nice new living arrangements, the pleasures of summer fruit and vegs, and all those resolutions, and then along comes png with her poor swollen face!!!!!

it sounds like a rip-roaring infection could be in there, so please be careful.

i've started throwing out clothes. the three-sizes too big stuff is falling off my shoulders. exposing bra straps and cleavage. not a pretty sight. [well, not to me, at least!!!!]. and i'm not all that interested in shopping, so when you start hearing reports of an overweight woman wearing either nothing at all or clothes that are falling off, you'll know who it is!!!!

bella23 06-17-2002 11:43 PM

Well it's been a while for me as well. I had a not so good weekend, lol. Friday I had a job interview and after i took my girls out to eat. When we went shopping I ended up coming home with a box of oatmeal rasin cookies, and some cinimon rolls. I ate 4 cin. rolls and about 6 cookies. I know, bad, bad, bad me. Then on Sat I had a meal at McDonalds. I even ate the fries. I know, bad, bad, bad me, lol. Sunday was a little better. I was doing great till that evening and ended up getting a sticky bun and some peanutbetter cups, bad again.

Well today was a great day. I only had one donut hole, lol. And I have drank most of my water. So we'll see, I call the doctor tomorrow to get weighed. Hopefully I at least stay the same. A loss would be good, but I'm not going to get my hopes up to much.

Looks like most of you had a good weekend. I'm glad for you. I'll be thinking of you PNG, I had my wisdome teeth pulled, but it only cost me about $150.00 to pull both of mine.

It's to late for me to address everyone, sorry. I'll talk again later,
Bella23

Zap 06-18-2002 12:52 AM

Hey Everyone :)
I really miss having my own computer with unlimited internet access time.. I feel like I'm missing out on so much that is going on here lately. *sniff* :cry:

Anyway.. It sounds like you all are doing an awesome job! My eating has sucked..and my morning workouts seem to have been getting less and less. However I have been doing awesome with my water and I am participating more and more in outdoor activities.. so it's all been evening out and I've slowly started dropping weight again.
Now if I could only I could do it all at once I would be on a roll! But I'm sure it will come in time.

Reading all the posts it seems you all have pinpointed my worst fear. Winter.. eeks! I was just thinking not so long ago of what I can do during the winter to keep up my goals. Like what has been said .. the snow comes and so does the stews and hearty servings of Chili.. and activity decreases to nill! Most of what I'm achieving now is a more physical life in general.. I was thinking of perhaps trying something new like cross country sking. I guess I will wait and see what happens, but I want to have a plan for those cold months before they hit.

It also looks like I'm soon joining the moving gang... only it's not a joyous move. My husband was laid off a while ago and his unemployment checks are soon to end.. so good bye apartment that I love so much and Hello Mom! So if anyone knows of any computer programmer positions available in the state of Wisconsin be sure to let me know ;)

Yikes, this had turned into a mini novel... So I'll cut it short now.
Take Care Everyone!
Traci