Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 08:14 AM   #16  
Old Cackler

traci... has your husband tried posting a resume on monster.com?? my last two jobs have come from there, and it's worked great.

the unemployment office i went to has a professional servcices support group [more about that later], and this group has a list of websites for jobhunters, including a whole lot of specialized ones. i'm not sure where i put it, but i'll look for it.

chin up!!! it'll work out.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:04 AM   #17  

Goodmorning everyone. We all survived yet another Monday.

Yesterday was Day 1 of my next OP streak and I almost didn't survive it. Was completely OP all day till about 9:30. I was starved. I didn't eat enough at dinner, so I wasn't surprised. I went down to the kitchen and of course there were donuts on top of the fridge (grandparents are home from Florida) and I figured I was so "good" all day yesterday and I knew I didn't even eat alot, I could have it. I filled my water glass and headed back to my bedroom with the plain donut. I took a bite, took another and then realized I wasn't hungry any more. Normally I would have devoured the thing without even coming up for air. I would NEVER throw away a donut. Even if I dropped it on the rug, I'd pick it up, blow it off and figure it was still good. But last night, I took 2 bites of the donut and threw it out! So, all in all, I still remained OP. I did it! I finally did it! I wasn't hungry anymore after drinking my glass of water, took 2 bites of something I would normally inhale and threw it out. Went to bed with a big cheesy smile on my face. This morning, I was down .5 on the scale. WOOHOOOO!

Slimdown..The morning walks your doing are sure to reverse any damage you may have done. You are doing wonderful.

IncasMommy..I am keepin m fingers crossed for ya! That would be wonderful. I am still crossing my own fingers for me, hoping everything goes smoothly. I just feel like it's too good to be true. And let's face it, I haven't had much luck in the last year. lol As soon as I get the key on Thursday, I will feel alot better.

PNG..Oh the agony of tooth pain! I feel for you, believe me, I do. I'd rather have my arm cut off than have a tooth ache. Maybe you should see your doctor and ask for an anti-biotic. It does sound like there is an infection. Though you need them pulled or whatever, an infection always causes the pain. At least you can stall the pain till you get enough $ together to begin. And you may want to shop around for a dentist that will take payments. I can't imagine a dentist making you stay in pain because you don't have the funds.

JiffyPop..You make me crack up girl. Hysterical. I could just picture it now, you making headlines. Walking down the street, and not even realizing that your clothes fell off because their too big. Hahahaha You'll have to go shopping eventually. You'll get into the mood soon.

bella...ooooh. One of those weekends. We all know how those go. Just pick yourself up and stop the sabatage now. Chug that water and load up on protien. You'll be feeling better soon and those carbs will be kicked to the curb. I know you can do it.

Zap..Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall..I struggle nomatter what. Has more to do with what is going on in my life than the seasons. But I understand the whole winter thing too. We'll battle it together. Hope your hubby has some success and finds a job soon. Being laid off must be very hard on him, well, the both of you. Hopefully you can avoid living with Mom. I am ending a 4 month ordeal at my Mothers, and I hope I never ever have to go back. lol

Old 06-18-2002, 09:34 AM   #18  
Losin It For GOOD!

Well my girls -

After reading all the threads it sounds like there is a LOT of stress going around. Maybe its a good thing that we are mostly taking turns being stressed?

I'm heading to the gym tomorrow am for the first time since I don't know when.. It's time to add that to my life. I'm going to take one step at a time getting back to this, and make sure I'm still "ok" before adding anything else.

I'm really proud because we are almost completely unpacked!! and hubby did a LOT for me last night without being asked, including vaccuuming the whole house. I almost passed out from shock, as that is NOT something he's ever done before! OF course he forgot to check the vaccuum first to make sure there was a bag in it (LOL) but he did vaccuum which is the important part! I guess there is an added benefit to lots of carpeting as it seems to inspire him to clean it when it is dirty!

Inca'sMomma - good luck with the house! I'm praying that you'll get it! It's amazing me that you AND Jennifer are moving into "single-family" domiciles... those are REALLY expensive in Massachusetts and next to impossible to find!!!

PNG - I've missed you girlie... Sorry for dumping on you for like 3 weeks and then completely dissappearing... I'm SO SORRY about your mouth!! I'll be praying for the money for you, and that the pain is relieved soon. I've missed you!!!!

Jiffy - We all are proud of your "new body" but please, keep clothes on in public, ok? Besides, remember you are spending money on NEW SMALLER CLOTHES!!! I like to clothes shop, but even if I didn't that would be enough to inspire me to go!!

Bella - at least it was only small screw ups each day instead of blowing everything all day long, right?? Take it one step at a time, we can do this together!!!

Zap - I'll pray your husband gets a job quick! I would reccomend hotjobs.com, dogpile.com, and monster.com as GREAT ways to find a job. Also, see if your hubby can find a good techie recruiter.. I know my dad was getting lots of calls from jobs in Minnesota...

Jennifer - I am completely in awe of you. I don't think I have ever ever in my life started to eat a donut and not finished it. (Except for the one that was moldy.) That is a HUGE accomplishment, and a big WAHOOO For you!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 09:41 AM   #19  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning!

Png - ouch with the wisdom teeth!! Be really careful... rinse your mouth often, it will help with the swelling. I'm glad mine are gone! Check to see if thre are any dental schools around.. they might be cheaper

Jennifer- you crack me up about taking two bites and throwing it out.. good for you. have you ever taken a bite then spit it out.. I did that on Sunday.. the food was in my mouth then I came to my senses and spit it out. LOL

Traci.. my dh, Jim is in the same field.. computers. It can be a stressful job. And there's not much here in WI. I know there is a bit of telecommuting work available online. Good Luck!

Last night was my weigh in.. and I stayed the same. I'm happy with that. This week I really want to do well. I am only 5.2 lbs away from my 10% goal and I really want it!!!! I found out last night that my ww leader is quiting she was so much fun. I hope the next one is just as fun!

I'm home all day today so expect lots of messages..

Dana
Old 06-18-2002, 10:29 AM   #20  
JML
Success Story!!!

Morning!!

PNG - Gosh, I hope you can get those teeth taken care of soon. That's terrible that you'd have to wait like that. Ouch.

Jennifer - thanks for all the encouragement. It helps!! I love your donut story. I STILL haven't gone that far yet. I have gone as far as picking up a cookie, and then putting it down again and walking away before it hit my mouth, but I've never been able to stop eating something right in the middle like that!!!

Slimdown - You'll be losing in no time with all that walking. Good job on your recovery from the weekend!

Bella - Today is a new day!!!!! I hope the sun is shining where you are!

Bethanne - Hello, welcome back! Congrats on the new place!!!!

Jiffy - You must be so tickled to reach the 2's. Maybe its time for a new outfit though?

Traci - I hope your husband finds a new job soon.

Inca's momma - I hope you get that new place. It will be so nice.

Debbers - Sorry you're not feeling so well!!!! I hope you feel better soon.

I'm doing well today. I'm tickled that I have reached my first mini-goal. The pounds are starting to add up.

Jeanne
250/201/145
Old 06-18-2002, 01:12 PM   #21  

PNG- demand an antibiotic. Even if you can't go in right now they'll prescribe one over the phone, you have abcesses and kids to run after, there has to be a dentist out there who is compassionate.

I had mine out about 12 years ago, general anesthesia, all 4 impacted, it cost me about 1100 dollars. I was a student and it was like all my savings gone. Right now I need a cap put on a broken tooth, it's been oh, 4 years since it broke. I get them cleaned but I just do not have the thousands of dollars to get everything done that I need to. The kids needs come first.

So wow is there a planet in retrograde or something? everyone I know is stressed and sick. I'm doing Ok though, I've been On plan for 9 days now! and I lost 3 pounds this week.

I am just a little frustrated though with where weight chooses to leave the body. i have lost almost 30 pounds and my measurements haven't changed much, but you have never seen such thin wrists and ankles. My face too is getting thinner, but I am so ready to see some big inches off the waist and hips. I was an 18 when I started and now I fit into SOME 16s.

Blah blah balh, I'm losing I guess I should just be happy and grateful for that.

Everyone have a good day.
SunDrop
Old 06-18-2002, 05:42 PM   #22  

Sympathy, png. Went through same years back. Still quite in awe of the pain and the very least you should get for that is a f ew pounds dropped. Agree with the advice on antibiotic. Mine got so bad, could not open jaw for several weeks. All on antibiotics. Had to see dentist every other day for draining, etc.

Bella, you had been doing so much and so well, hopefully you won't see a setback. I too have not had a good weekend (well, six days actually) foodwise. I still made some better choices than I would have before but have been in 3 different situations the last six days which were not made to help being OP.

But today is a new day - or afternoon since I was not good earlier today. I hit the water as soon as I got home to try to rid me of some retention before weighin on Thursday. And I watched Dr. Phil to get some additional motivation.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:41 PM   #23  

OK Guys dieting still sucks but I got my house wooooohoooooo and I am moving next weekend. Until then I may be posting some at work but packing up my crap here so not a lot of free time.

Kim
Old 06-18-2002, 08:49 PM   #24  

Hi, everyone. I'm still around...couldn't prove it by my posting, though, could you?!! I was so worried about the weigh-in yesterday, 'cuz of that peek I took last Fri (I THINK it was fri). Anyway, I'm thrilled to report that I went to meeting and LOST 6 LBS!!!! I'm ecstatic...needless to say. I'm at 291 now. Wa-hoo.

I see names here that I don't recognize! Debbers, welcome and come back often. Annie, you might not be new to the others, but you are new to me, so, let me 'welcome' you...back! Anagram, Sundrop...welcome to you newbies. Looking forward to getting to know you. Good luck to you both. I may be considered a newbie myself since I've been so AWOL lately!!!

PNG!!! I'm so sorry! I've wondered why I haven't seen you on lately...or are you hiding!? I would stress the anibiotic idea too. I've had a couple of abscesses and ended up all swollen up (my dad one time said, 'You look like a Campbell's Kid!'). My dr wouldn't do anything until I had taken a complete round of antibiotics. And another time, I had taken a week's worth of pills, and the swelling wasn't completely gone and I wanted to take another week of pills, but the surgeon wouldn't listen, and pulled the tooth anyway. I have NEVER had pain like that in my life...even the night that my disk ruptured! So, please get the meds! I loved that last e-mail you sent, too.

Jennifer!! You've accomplished one of the great feats in the world!! 2 bites and throw away!!! You are my hero! ~ Are you adjusting better to your meds? I sure hope so...sometimes the 'cure' is worse than the 'disease'! ~ So, you're going to get the key on Thurs. Wa-hoo for you. I remember how excited when I moved into my apt. I was floating a foot off the floor for a month! Good for you. ~ I made the reservations for the efficiency in Maine. So, I'm still planning on Boston. Is it still on? I haven't seen anything about it for a while.

Jiffy! Do NOT go naked! I'd be happy to do your shopping for you! I love to clothes shop! How great that things are falling off! Keep it up.

Jeanne, congrats on reaching your mini-goal. It helps so much to see this battle actually being won!! Keep up the good work.

BA, I'm so happy for you in your new apt. Is Oreo with you now? If she is, I'll bet you are both thrilled! I applaud you on starting out slowly to get back on plan. I know you will be successful. I also was thrilled to hear that your medical news.

Dana, I, too, hope that you're new leader is as much fun as you want. I hope she is a real motivator.

Zap, remember...baby steps. The water is a great accomplishment in itself! Add little changes here and there like Beth Anne and you'll be back before you know it. And planning for the winter to come is brilliant! Also, seek out low fat recipes for those stews and chilis. They're out there! I'm also praying for your hubby to find something soon. Is it a sure thing that you're going to your mom's? Even if you do, maybe it will turn out to be even better in the long run. That has happened to me often. I believe that bad things happen for good reasons. (At least I like to THINK that!!) Good luck.

Bella, good luck on the job interview that you had on Fri. cinnamon buns and cookies? Better luck next time. We all have to do that from time to time. No big sin. At least you get right back to it...that's a huge battle to win.

Kim, you ARE in my prayers for that house. It sounds fabulous. Good luck. And on the 'diet' front, just keep trying...it'll all fall in place.

I also want to thank everyone who encouraged me in the 'Velvet lost...' thread. I am just too impatient! Because look what happened this week! Thanks again...you're all angels.

Well, to you're delight I'm sure, I'm closing this epistle!! (Or should I say 'tome'?)

It's good to be back.

Love, Gayle
Old 06-18-2002, 09:35 PM   #25  

SIX pounds! Tonight YOU'RE my hero(ine)!. And a total of 57 - wow, I can't imagine how much better you feel.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:43 PM   #26  

Well I must thank you all for your support. I have (as of today) been OP for 2 days. I got the junk food for my kids and ate some myself, lol. O'well, it's over now and out of my system.

Hopefully with the next two weeks to come I'll still be able to stay on program. I have a great deal of things planned for the next couple weeks. Let me give you a list (sorry, i have to vent a little, lol) I have to get the mower fixed, boat sanded and on e-bay, go to a wedding, hold a yard sale, take my youngest to the allergest (finely got an appointment), pick my husband up from the airport at 1am, go birthday shopping, and have a double birthday party and a nice to see you home party. Wow it's even worse when I write it down.

PNG. Not to brag, but when my wisdome teeth were pulled, they just gave me novicain and it didn't hurt at all. That is why it was so cheep. I got lucky and never swelled and it didn't hurt. So I hope that is what it is like for you. My husband also just used novicain (to cut costs) and he had impacted teeth. It took a little for them to get them out but he said it didn't hurt at all when they pulled them. I know the thought of not being put under is not a great one, but it didn't hurt either of us and cost a lot less, you might want to ask your dentist about that option. But good luck either way.

Talk more later,
Bella23
Old 06-18-2002, 11:20 PM   #27  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

well, I'm here, existing off of advil right now, but I'm here... I'm not worri3ed about anything weight related right now, I just want this pain to stop! I'm calling the regular dentist tomorrow, to see if he has any sample packs of antibiotics hanging around the office he can give me, or a REALLY inexpensive prescription for some, whatever I get will have to come out of our food money, sooo, I want to spend as little as possible. The reasons mine are going to be so expensive is first of all, we have one oral surgeon in town, and another that comes into town from Reno once a month or so, so they can charge pretty much what they want, the dentist won't touch my teeth, because I'm really nervous around him, when he was checking my teeth, I was shaking like a leaf.... and not only are my wisdom teeth impacted, but the top two are broken off to almost nothing, they just started crumbling one day... and it's my upper right wisdom tooth that's killing me, it's cracked down the middle, and the tissue below it is swelling through, pinchin on a nerve

Velvety, GREAT job on the 6 pounds!!

Beth Anne, don't sweat it, I was just terribly worried until I caught you for those few minutes, thought you'd given up on us all...
I'll turn on my messengers tomorrow, I promise, I've been just doing scripting stuff when I'm online, mostly, something to keep busy, and that takes all of my focus, so I can not think about my mouth...

thanks all for your concern and pity, lol, I'm off again for now, hubby has a puter playdate with his best friend...lol
Old 06-19-2002, 07:34 AM   #28  
Old Cackler

Default wow!!! what a busy posting day yesterday!!!

and i have no idea how i missed it when i checked in last night!!!

bella.. stay calm. or maybe as soon as your husband shows up you can collapse in a heap from exhaustion????

and i want to pick up on somehting that slimdown said... about 'coming to her senses' and spitting her food out.

several years ago i went to a different kind of weight loss support group at the Renfrew center. the center started out as a treatment program for anorexics, but have since expanded [and please excuse the pun] to include larger women as well. the program focused on accepting ourselves and working towards change with love rather than self-hatred. it was a wonderful experience.

BUT one of the key points was that binge eaters [and heavy people were NOT necessarily included in that] tend to ZONE OUT, literally become unconscious to what they're eating. and that's why they/we ate so much. we are so out of touch.

so, slimdown's comment is really right on. she WOKE UP, and realized what was happening. and so did jenniffer...

i guess i have to get ready for work.

and png... with so few dentists, i guess there's not a med school/dental school near you. some of them run relatively inexpensive clinics where the students are very very closely supervised. of course, you have to balance your comfort level with that kind of setting, but the professors are generally good, and they don't let the 'kids' run wild.

hope you feel better soon...
Old 06-19-2002, 09:59 AM   #29  

Good Morning Everyone!

I popped in here the other day (was it Monday?), never to be heard from again. I was not feeling my old self and didn't want to bring everyone down. I didn't post because friends of ours a baby 32 days ago and she passed away. The funeral was yesterday. So much runs through a person's mind and heart at a time like that.

I know I'll be missing many people, please excuse me.

Jenniffer: I'm proud of you for not finishing that donut. I once made a batch of cupcakes and starting eating them one right after another while they were still hot. (Darn good!) Anyway . . . I stopped (after about 6 LOL), picked them up, and threw the rest out. But that was years ago. LOL (Oh, but I haven't made a batch just for me since. Did I tell that they're darn good, though? LOL)

velvet: Thanks for the welcome.

png: DH has a nice pair of pliers with a bend at the end. He could fix those teeth right up for you - and inexpensively, too.

jiffypop: Seems like you could have you very own clothing consultants shopping for you, if you leave it up to some of these "shopping gals".

As far as weight-related issues: Oh, are we supposed to be LOSING weight???? LOL Okay, I've at least changed some nasty habits. Don't order fries anymore, been drinking more water. Haven't figured out this word "exercise" though.

Work is calling. You all take care.

annie
Old 06-19-2002, 10:23 AM   #30  
Losin It For GOOD!

Girls-

Thank you Thank you THANK YOU for posting about Dr. Phil. I went to the Oprah website, and I've been completely re-inspired (not like you could tell or anything!! ) I needed a huge kick in the butt, and this was definately it.

I'm a little bit bummed, because the alarm clock went off and I decided to not get up and go to the gym, completely forgetting that I can't go tomorrow, because I have to wait for the phone/cable/internet guy. Argh. At least I went for a 30 minute walk yesterday up and down the hills of my new neighborhood. What a GREAT neighborhood for walking!! It's fabulous.

So I'm feeling good today, ate raisin bran for breakfast instead of Finagle-A-Bagel, brought some healthy lunch... I can do this! But again, I'm so glad to have all of you to draw my attention to things... and give me the kick in the booty I need sometimes!

Slimdown - I always say that ANYTHING that isn't a gain should be considered a success, so hooray for you!! Just keep on trying.. sometimes our body's hit a plateau for many reasons (getting used to losing weight, a balance between muscle gain and fat loss.. etc) Don't worry, just keep on keeping on, you can DO IT!

JML - Congrats on making your first mini-goal. Isn't that the GREATEST Feeling?? I know I won't make my latest one (to be down to my 10% by my birthday next saturday) without divine intervention or serious liposuction! but that's ok, I will get there when I get there. But wahoo to you!

Sundrop - I've had the same issues with the inches not falling off the right places. I've lost a TON off my rear end which was rather small to begin with!! Hopefully it will all settle out soon and start coming off my stomach! I've lost about the same as you, so I'll let you know what I find works, if I can find anything that works!

Anagram - Congrats on the good choices you did make!! It's always better to get back on track ASAP instead of waiting until tomorrow, how did the rest of your day go?

Kim - Hooray on your house!! This board must be good luck for getting the apartments we want or something!!

velvet - Welcome back, I've missed you!! and a HUGE congrats on your loss AGAIN! Man you and jiffy are closing in on me fast, its time to get this butt of mine in GEAR! I'm picking Oreo up on Friday night, but she's been by to visit (with little brother Pal) a few times now, and definately likes the house so that's good. We figured getting her on a weekend would be better, so she wouldn't be alone right away. I'm sure she'll be fine!

Bella - 2 days OP??? that's AWESOME!! Good for you!!! Thanks again for the Dr. Phil stuff... I appreciate it more than you know!

PNG - I'm sorry again.. the whole world went haywire on me... Work was a living ****, moving, etc. I barely had time to do anything, and worked about 50 hours in 4 days... it was baaaad! But I'm back, and life has (mostly) returned to normal. I'm still praying for you and your teeth!! (And feeling incredibly greatful for health/dental insurance!) BTW, do you have health insurance?? I know that ours covered the wisdom tooth surgery if they were impacted... Just a thought.

Jiffy - I'm so glad you are here to inspire us and teach us and give us guidance! You rock!

Annie - I'm so sorry about your friend's loss... It's so hard. You're in my thoughts and prayers. As far as this "weight-loss" thing.. One step at a time, girl, its the best way!

Jenniffer - Where are you?? you always beat me to posting... Hope you are doing ok with the meds/etc.

Lots of love to all of you
Closed Thread