3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Gym induction - woohoo! and uh-oh! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/172232-gym-induction-woohoo-uh-oh.html)

Rosinante 05-21-2009 08:57 AM

Gym induction - woohoo! and uh-oh!

So I had my induction today and it was good. Nice little gym, nice people. I only did trial amounts of each piece and already I feel endorphined!!
So that was great, and I'm proud of myself for going but I really had to keep my tongue behind my teeth - the girl who was showing me stuff kept saying things like:
'So I presume you're wanting to lose weight?'
'Well, I want to continue my weightloss. I've lost 4st and want to lose another 4.'
'Was it easy?'
'Mostly it's been annoying, because I lost nearly 8 stone once before.'
WAIT FOR IT.....
'8 stone? Wow, you must have been MASSIVE!!'
ER YEA. I GUESS.

'We all lose flexibility as we get older.'
AND
'It's important as we get older to keep flexible.'
AND
'It really helps to have more flexibility for opening cupboard doors and things.....as we get older'.

By then I felt more like a zimmer than treadmill, I'm only 54!!!!! and I thought I didn't look too bad on it. :?:

Please, don't Anyone tell me she didn't mean to be rude, I know that, she was a lovely person; but in her innocence she was trying to help this old lady.....

Another wake up call I think, to remind me of my years this time.

ps, I'm going to keep going and get so hot that she'll be embarrassed that she ever treated me like granny!!!!!

Devsmama 05-21-2009 09:42 AM

What a little twit.

emmalee51 05-21-2009 10:17 AM

Ailidh, all I can say is congrats! You stuck it out even when she was being quite dumb. I'd have told her something really sarcastic/rude - but then I have little patience. ;)

Windchime 05-21-2009 10:38 AM

Good grief; I'm suprised she didn't warn you about breaking a hip as you stepped off the treadmill. I think I'd have been tempted to put my hands on my hips and say, "Just how old do you think I *am*??"

My mom is 70 and goes to the gym a couple times a week for weight lifting and pilates. Lately she had taken up the rowing machine and she looks very trim. The muscle on the outside of her upper arm is hard as a rock and I have no doubt that she could kick the butt of half the young girls at her gym. You're a lot younger than Mom, so I suspect it will only take you a few months before you can teach the girl at your gym a lesson. KIDDING! But sheesh!

Slashnl 05-21-2009 10:44 AM

Gotta love it. Those youngsters think they know it all, don't they?

You just stick with it and have a great time getting super fit!

cfmama 05-21-2009 11:06 AM

I probably would have smacked her and told her to respect her elders... lol!!!! You are NOT old. You were NOT massive. You are sexy you and she's just naive and young.

beerab 05-21-2009 11:08 AM

Ah yes let me guess she was probably 19 and anyone over 25 was ancient to her :lol:

time2lose 05-21-2009 11:15 AM

Emma said it all -
Quote:

she was being quite dumb
Way to go on going to the gym! Show that ignorant girl what us old folks can do!