Lots of feelings coming up

• Ive had a couple of stressfull things happen in the last week but Im sure some of the intense feelings Im having are due to not running to the cookie jar. I really use food to distract me from feelings about uncomfortable memories. I think that tasting food and focusing on whats in my mouth is a way Ive coped most of my life. Certainly in the last 14 years since I packed on the weight during that time. I am glad that in this process I quit smoking but certainly it has left me feeling more vulnerable and I hate that feeling. but I do have my spirituality that tells me Im going to be okay. Im going for my walk and will have my breakfast when I get back....
  • Hang in there! You are strong and you'll make it through. Cookie withdrawal is hard! ha! But you'll come through healthier, physically and mentally!
  • When I first started, I wanted to bite everybodys head off, cause I couldnt use food as a comforter, so I was "lost". It gets a bit better as time goes on.........hang in there!!
  • I found that the first three weeks of sugar withdrawal was very hard ... but it gets easier. I too have always dealt with everything by way of food... it's a hard habit to break for sure.

Quick tip? Have breakfast BEFORE your walk to get your metabolism going!!!