Old 05-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Angry No More Fast Food for 21 Days Update

Well I lasted 6 days before I ate out at a restaurant. I don't know if Panera is considered Fast Food. But my husband and I wanted to go and so we went for Breakfast. I had a Bacon, egg and cheese on ciabatta bread with coffee. At least I didn't have any of the yummy looking bakery stuff.
Then we had lunch at home. Then later in the day we went to a movie and I talked him into popcorn. I told him no butter but he wanted some, so I said just a little. Then we went for pizza after movie and I had two pieces. Then we had a 1 scoop sundae each. I can't beleive I use to eat like this every weekend. At least I made it to the gym and worked out an hour today. I did so well the last 4 days. It's like I get close to the 207 mark and I go on a binge. The bad thing is I have a wedding on the 24th and my dress is a little tight now. So I have 6 days to stay on program so my dress will still fit. I know this is a learning process but you would think I would be better at it by now. But I will keep trying.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Pick yourself up and dust off your pants. Drink TONS of water over the next few days to flush away the weeks worth of sodium you ingested and eat clean clean clean. You may have gone over your maintenance limit and you might see a slight gain. But stick to it and it will come down again.

Sometimes it takes doing this to realize how badly we really did used to eat!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #3  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Yup, don't fret about it just drink water and keep moving to get rid of the effects from it.

There's a couple things I'm thinking. 1) Maybe the restrictive nature of the 21 day challenge was just a little too much mentally. You know how if we can't have it, we then MUST have it? I've been thinking this whole time that I can have fast food, I just have chosen not to because I didn't want to trigger a binge.

And 2) If it's not a restrictive mental thing, then forget that you ate out and just keep going. Weeks without fast food, especially for those of us that ate it nearly daily, if not everyday, is quite an accomplishment. So if you're up for it, just move on and keep counting.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I agree, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, etc.

I think you need to learn to develop tools for yourself in the future and talk with your husband about your desires and get him on board. My husband and I eat out once a week, on the weekend. When I decided I didn't want to eat out for a month, I told my husband and we did it.

1) Breakfast out - Well honestly my husband and I don't do breakfast out so this isn't an issue for us. How about establishing eating out once a day policy on the weekend?

2) Movie theater - Popcorn. This may be a hard habit to break if you are used to eating popcorn when you go to the movie theater. What about taking a bowl with you, then putting your portion of popcorn in the bowl in add butter? Or better yet, tell your husband that butter isn't healthy for either of you? If you go to the movies often, how about agreeing to get popcorn every other time?

3) Pizza - There are better choices for pizza and you can include it in your diet. For me, I get cheeseless veggie thincrust pizza. Sometimes a salad as well with dressing on the side.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote