Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 07:01 AM   #16  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

very interesting! I know the longer I stare at food the harder it is to say no so i usually just avoid being arond it at family getherings. It does hurt toknow I am being fought by my own body!! UGH!!!
Old 06-17-2002, 08:41 AM   #17  

hi!
Wow everyone is doing so well. I am really happy to say that i am on Day 7 today. I had a little trouble last Thursday, I have to stop baking it always gives me problems, but I tailored my cals for the rest of the day and came out on program (on paper if not in spirit). I had a great weekend though. I even had icecream yesterday one small scoop of coconut with chocolate covered almonds throughout, allowable on my plan as an "Off Day Craver".

I met all my goals this week for water and food but missed 2 days of exercise due to a non-napping 2 year old. I weigh in tomorrow morning. My goal was to be under 200 by July 12, I'm visiting my family in Vermont for a few days. I don't think it's realistic anymore but i'll get as close as I can.

You all are really inspiring.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:19 AM   #18  

WOOOHOOOO for everyone! You all are doing really well.

After 9 days of being REALLY OP, I began a new medication and TOM arrived on my door step. Being sick from the meds and miserable from TOM, I survived. No appetite really, and I stayed strong. Not really OP though since then. But after a few days, I am back! Weighed the same this morning from before this side track. So, am back in action. Feeling a bit better. Today is Day 1 of another long streak.

Old 06-17-2002, 11:11 AM   #19  
Trying to find my way.

I lost my streak but in a partially controlled manner. the frosting got me!!! UGH!!!

i did great all day till the cake and icecream. i had 2 tiny scoops of icecream and decided to have a piece of cake that was all controlled till DS had a huge dish of icecream and did not eat it so I did!!! that was the downfall. I held off eating anything else for the rest of the day!!! but the huge dish of icecream!!!

So today is day 1 again!

Sundrop that is the spirit to get as close as you can!!! I know you can do it. this and most anytime is not a goood time due to grad partys and weddings and birthdays!!! just make the best of what you can and come out with your chin up!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 12:17 PM   #20  

3rd day in a row! Yay! Even down a lb since Monday. I am on a streak and I plan on making it until the 4th of July. I will treat myself to a drink or two.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 06-19-2002, 12:44 PM   #21  
Trying to find my way.

that gosh darn frosting UGH!!! had cake on monday and small spoon of frosting on tuesday so we will see what today brings. I am holding my own but it is the night time that kills me!!! I will be strong I will be strong I will be storng!!!

Great news I have a job interview on friday for a part time night position on a pediatric ward!!! WHOOOHOOOO it should be enough to get me by!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 01:05 PM   #22  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Nausus.....Do you know I cannot keep frosting in the can in my fridge? I will eat the whole thing in one sitting! I have to either take it to the outside garbage to throw it away or run it down the drain with hot water.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:32 AM   #23  

I will not purchase nor keep frosting in my house. It's one of those things. You play games with yourself. "It's just frosting, just a spoonful, just need a taste" After about 3 trips to the fridge, you just grab the thing and cave in and eat it all. Been there and could be there again if it's in the house.

I won't even bake a cake. Only when I feel super strong. I will lick the bowl clean, besides a fewspoonfuls of the mix. Then I will finish off the can of frosting. After all, wasn't enough for a whole cake. Just sit there and waste. if I must provide a cak and am weak..I will run to the bakery. A bit expensive. But hey, somethings are priceless.

Day 4 of my streak and am still feeling pretty good. Just finished my OP breakfast and I feel good. Makes me wonder why I ever stumble off course.

Hope everyone else is smiling..
Old 06-21-2002, 09:14 AM   #24  

Frosting.... it's a killer. I made an excellent vegan chocolate cake for my Dd's homecoming a few weeks ago. Really, it was delicious, even white sugar eaters got up in the middle of the night "for one more little bite".

The frosting was a silken tofu base with cashew butter and agave nectar, (and let's not for get a ton of non-dairy chocolate) I had some left-over and at the odest moments I'd have just a taste, then DH made cupcakes and went looking for the left-over frosting, it was humilliating I had eaten all but a tablespoon or 2, Dh said "you had such a tiny piece of cake, why ruin it with 2 cups of frosting over the next 3 days" I was like "cuz it's frosting, you fool!!!!"

Anyway the streak- I had 8 days under my belt and then completely lost it on Tuesday, I spent wednesday delving deep into my sub-conscious and reading articles on weight-loss, and decided to eat when I was hungry and take a day off from obsessiveness. At the end of the day, I felt great and when I logged my food out of curiosity, I had eaten about 1200 calories, stayed low-fat etc. and I even had the energy to do the Tae-bo advanced in the afternoon. I had also had a fabulous bowl of watermelon without guilt

So I'm doing an experiment, instead of low carbing, I'm going to go low-fat high protien and concentrate on exercise. I'll try it for 2 weeks, no scale peeking. Oh and I'm eating small meals every 2-3 hours, I read that was a really common trait of successful losers.

Right now it's just so exciting to be able to plan a dinner with past or rice, I'm in heaven. Tonight blackned thai chicken and pasta (Thank you pasta press.com)

Off to guzzle some water...

SunDrop
Old 06-21-2002, 10:40 AM   #25  

Sundrop..you are doing wonderful. We always have to take a step back and look carefully at what we need. Good for you! How do you like Tae Bo? I tried it a few times, but I was uhm, very close to hurting myself. I am not very cordinated. lol

Today is Day 5 of my latest streak and I am feelin good. No way will I end it this weekend! My personal small goal is to make 10 completely OP days in a row. Half way there. I made 9 days last streak, so I know I can keep going. And my hard work is showing already, so I know that will keep me inspired.

The scales have been so evil for the last year. Now, they must be loving me again. 213 lbs this morning. 1 more lb and that will be 10 lbs since my "regaining control over my body" began. I feel so proud of myself and relieved that it finally "clicked" again for me.
Old 06-21-2002, 11:00 AM   #26  

Jennifer I have been watching your progress and you are doing so well.
From 215-210 seemed to be just the longest most difficult 5 pounds. And then the next couple pounds fell off without fan-fare.

Today I really want to weigh in, that is a much more pressing "desire" than food. I feel thin today. I'm wearing my husband's size large Old navy T-shirts without having to stretch them over my hips. But I am waiting another 11 days. Then it's like a surprise present.

8 pounds to go to mini-goal and only 21 days till I leave for vacation. Wish me luck.

When I get to 199, I'm going to have a party, really!
Old 06-21-2002, 11:06 AM   #27  

Oh and I hate, hate hate Tae-bo while I'm doing it. But I have found nothing more effective for toning up. I'm just trying to do the hour long twice a week, and then I have pilates/yoga and soon weight training for the other days.

Today I feel great, I'm not sore yet (tomorrow I'll be hobbling) and I can feel my stomach muscles, and shoulder muscles every time I move.

Pilates is great for abdominal stuff too, It's wonderful when you can really feel that you are isolating them and doing the movements exactly right. There is also a zen quality, a sort of "high" feeling you get from an hour of breathing and stretching correctly.

I bought the Total gym with some pilates attatchments because I knew i'd use them.

Ok off to kid chasing

Have a great day!
Old 06-21-2002, 11:41 AM   #28  

Ok, today will make day 5 for me OP. Yippee, lol. I have neglected this board after I went totally off program over last weekend. But I am pumped after loosing a dress size and .75lb. So I am pretty sure that I will be OP all weekend.

I will start checking in more often.

Good luck this weekend to all of you!!!!!

Bella23
Old 06-22-2002, 10:17 PM   #29  
JML
Success Story!!!

OK, since this is about streaks, I just realized yesterday that I have one. It's just been so long, I've never though about it. I haven't gained weight since before January 1, 2001. Since then I've either lost, or done a whole lot of maintaining. This is really neat.
Old 06-23-2002, 12:19 PM   #30  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

JML - That's the best kind of streak! You're awesome!

Jennelle
Closed Thread