Old 04-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #31  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post

If a person can and wishes to lose weight rapidly, it's certainly a valid choice; as is losing slowly (whether by choice or due to health issues).

Losing slowly isn't given a lot of respect, but that's starting to change a bit. Ultimately, a person has to do what they have to do, to be successful. If that means rapid weight loss, great. If it means slow weight loss, that's great too.
It's not that I chose to lose rapidly per se', because ultimately I can not control the exact number of pounds that I lose per week/month/what have you.

And I would *think* that it's not that anyone chooses to lose slowly.

The thing that I or any one could directly control and choose is what goes into our mouth and what stays out of our mouth. The thing that I or any one can control is how many days in a row we stay on plan. The thing that I or any one can control is how how much we exercise. THOSE are things that we can control. Our bodies will then do what our bodies will do.

In other words, I never set out to lose weight *rapidly*. I set out to get healthy and CHOSE therefore to stay on plan.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
And I would *think* that it's not that anyone chooses to lose slowly.

The thing that I or any one could directly control and choose is what goes into our mouth and what stays out of our mouth. The thing that I or any one can control is how many days in a row we stay on plan. The thing that I or any one can control is how how much we exercise. THOSE are things that we can control. Our bodies will then do what our bodies will do.

In other words, I never set out to lose weight *rapidly*. I set out to get healthy and CHOSE therefore to stay on plan.
But some people do choose to lose slowly. And it seems to me that you are implying that if you are choosing to be healthy, the only way to do that is to do it quickly. Some people choose to get healthy while adding healthy habits a little at a time rather than all at once. You can choose to be healthy and still do it slowly.

For me, I needed to go slowly at first to build my confidence in myself. I wanted to be healthy but didn't know I could. I thought I could try to add some healthy habits and build off of those. It worked! Now I am ready to do more, all at once, because of the time I took to start slowly and get my head on straight, so to speak.
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #33  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrose View Post
But some people do choose to lose slowly. And it seems to me that you are implying that if you are choosing to be healthy, the only way to do that is to do it quickly. Some people choose to get healthy while adding healthy habits a little at a time rather than all at once. You can choose to be healthy and still do it slowly.

For me, I needed to go slowly at first to build my confidence in myself. I wanted to be healthy but didn't know I could. I thought I could try to add some healthy habits and build off of those. It worked! Now I am ready to do more, all at once, because of the time I took to start slowly and get my head on straight, so to speak.
Again, I didn't CHOOSE to lose rapidly or slowly or anything in between. I just chose *my plan* and stuck with it.

Which it sounds to me EXACTLY what you're doing. You CHOSE your plan and you're STICKING with it. Perhaps your plan was intentionally to lose slowly, which is why I specifically put the asterisks around the work *think*.

It sounds to me like we're saying the same things, but perhaps in different ways.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-22-2009 at 10:25 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Again, I didn't CHOOSE to lose rapidly or slowly or anything in between. I just chose *my plan* and stuck with it.

Which it sounds to me EXACTLY what you're doing. You CHOSE your plan and you're STICKING with it. Which is what I did.

It sounds to me like we're saying the same things, but perhaps in different ways.
We probably are! I think that my plan just started out slowly and is now picking up speed. I must say it's a relief to finally have the confidence to know I can do it! It's a very peaceful feeling I have never felt before!

By the way, Robin, you are one of my main heroes here on 3FC! There are so many things you have posted within the last week or so that have totally inspired me beyond belief! Thank you for that.

Last edited by Sunrose; 04-22-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Typo
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote