Old 04-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #16  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I bought a $70 Tanita Large Capacity Scale (it killed me to pay that much) and it doesnt do that, ever, like CFMama said.

It occasionally varies on the decimal point after the number, for example, it it said 3.1 then sometimes it would say like 3.2 or 3.4 right afterward. But I dont think thats a big deal really. Maybe you should look into a better quality scale? Maybe a present to yourself?
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #17  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

The one I had before this one did that but the scale I have now only gave me problems when the battery needs replacing. If yours came with a battery I would replace it & see if that helps. The batteries that come in most things you buy aren't meant to last too long....they are meant to last only long enough to show consumers what it can do.

Also if your floor is a bit uneven (can be due to your house settling & other reasons) and you move the scale it can throw out weird numbers so try to keep it in one place

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 04-20-2009 at 04:23 PM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 263/256/160

Height: 5'3"

Just do like I did take a hatchet to it. Then go by how your clothes fit, and when they start feeling really lose, go see your doc. If he is like mine, he will let you weigh yourself anytime with no charge.
evillynn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #19  
Workin' It

My scale was almost $100 and it does that, too. It is a Weight Watchers one with multiple users. I usually weigh the first time, then again with a bottle of mouthwash, then a third time. (Read somewhere like Julie said, it holds the last weight for a few seconds, even if it shows 0.0 recalibrated.) That shakes out whatever is hung in there and the third weight seems accurate. Well, maybe. DH asks me if I'm going to start dancing around it and chanting next.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #20  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My doctor's office knows I am trying to lose weight & will let me come in & weigh in on their scales if I need to. No copay or anything. Same with BP check.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #21  
On my way to FIT

S/C/G: 285/298/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
That shakes out whatever is hung in there and the third weight seems accurate. Well, maybe. DH asks me if I'm going to start dancing around it and chanting next.
BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! I actually laughed with a snort when I read that!!!

Eileen2bLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 238/204/135

Height: 5'5''

My scale does this, too. Sometimes I try to get it to recalibrate by holding heavy stuff, getting on it, getting off and getting on again just myself. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (but when it does, at least I know why it's suddenly jumped up 6 pounds).

I may have to try changing the battery. That sounds easier.
TikiTikiTiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #23  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

I have this same trouble. I step on and off 3 times and take 2 out of 3. I have also noticed that where I place my feet make a difference so I always make sure my feet are in the same position.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote