Old 04-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Smile Back with news

It's been a long (really, really long) and arduous journey, but I am thrilled to be able to share that I have completed my Master's thesis, and will be graduating next month. The last six weeks have been intense, stressful, and incredibly busy, which is why I ended up dropping off 3FC during that time.

I am really proud of myself for finishing this, because there were times when I seriously considered giving up. But I think you chicks can understand the other thing I'm really proud of: I made it through the whole thing without stress eating. The amazing part is that, most of the time, I wasn't even fighting with myself over it - it's like the impulse to stress eat isn't really there anymore. Sure, there were a couple of times when I wanted chocolate chocolate chocolate, but it wasn't the uncontrollable stress eating that I would have done two years ago. It was even relatively easy to deal with those chocolate cravings (yay Skinny Cow).

So now for the accountability: When I realized how insane my life was going to be, I decided not to worry about losing and just aim for maintaining. And I did. Even with the holiday in there, I'm still at the same weight as I was the last time I officially weighed in, and it didn't vary more than two pounds the whole time. That's the plus side. On the minus side, I pretty much completely stopped exercising. I was never all that dedicated to it anyway, and I admit that it was actually a bit of a relief not to have to deal with it. But now that I have what feels like unlimited free time, I'm going to have to get another routine going. It feels like I have unlimited free time these days, so I imagine it will be easier to hold to a routine now.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty awesome right now, though I have no idea what to do with myself. Once upon a time, pre-thesis, didn't I used to do stuff at nights? I have no idea what I even want to do anymore, but I sure am looking forward to finding out.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Hi Lisa! I'm glad you are back and with such good news. Congrat's on the upcoming graduation and on the maintenance through such a crazy time. I'm looking forward to hearing about your new exercise routine.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Congrats, Lisa! What wonderful accomplishments all the way around!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Congratulations, Lisa

I can't imagine getting through the whole Master's process without stress eating. I gained about 30 pounds while getting mine. I am sure that you will come up with plenty of things to do on those free nights and weekends!

Well done!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #5  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats on your upcoming graduation! Give yourself a big pat on the back for not gaining during your time away from 3FC. What a wonderful accomplishment!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #6  

Good for you.What is your masters in?Plans for employment?What a HUGE accomplishment.Ive been working on mine for ages........
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations Lisa!! That is a great accomplishment! Have fun figuring out what it is you used to do at nights!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismm View Post
Good for you.What is your masters in?Plans for employment?
My area is philosophy, which I'm not counting on to be much help on the job market. For the present time, I am staying at my current job, and am very relieved that I don't have to get on job market immediately.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #9  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

YOWSER! What a great reason not to be posting on 3FC, Lisa! Congratulations on finishing out the master's program --- I know how much work goes into those degrees! And you burned through that last horrible, intense phase without giving into to any of those old eating impulses?
DOUBLE YOWSER!

Take a victory lap around the 3FC track, Lisa, and make sure everyone gets to see that new strange headgear on your lovely OnederLand bod!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Welcome back and congratulations!

What wonderful accomplishments you have achieved. Your hard work has most definitely paid off.

I am glad you're back though. You always "speak" so beautifully.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #11  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations! That's tough to do!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #12  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Congratulations!!!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #13  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

That is a huge accomplishment and one that you should be very very proud of!

I am so happy to see that you have worked on maintaining (we all need practice!) and can just right back in where you left. Awesome job!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote