Old 04-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Default Bummed

Man I have to weigh in with my doc today....I think I have only lost like 2 pounds. This sucks because I know she will be disappointed. I weighed this morning and the scale said 268.6. The last time I was in there I was 277. I hopped on my scale again once I was dressed with my shoes and everything and it said 275!!!!! So I know when I go in there now that I have eaten lunch and everything it will probably look to her like I lost nothing!

This stinks...
HeidiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #2  
rainy

You know things, isn't it? You know you weight 268.6 and she should know it's wrong to weigh after lunch, unless she always weights you then, so let me tell you, either she understands it by herself or you can tell it out to her that she should know because it's her job!!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #3  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

You know the truth. Thats what really matters. Just explain to her the process you use at home to weight yourself and tell her what your scale tells you that you have lost. Im sure she will be pleased to see that you are making an effort.
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I went to my doc after I lost 70lbs, and she didn't say a word about it! That was kind of a bummer.

Keep your head up!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #5  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

i had to bring up my weight loss to my dr as well, she didnt notice. I have a new saying. "you have to make your own health care happen". Because people do not frigging care..................it is you that has to make your care happen.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/134/118

Height: 5'3

A couple years before I had my daughter I went from 175 to 138 and was feeling great about myself. All my dr said was you could lose another 10lbs.
Caleighsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleighsmommy View Post
A couple years before I had my daughter I went from 175 to 138 and was feeling great about myself. All my dr said was you could lose another 10lbs.
seriously, what is it with that? Dr's should be super supportive when it comes to weight loss. Saying something like that to some could be counter productive.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

I understand. You know what you weigh, so that really is the most important thing.

I do get it though. I've been having "female" issues for a few months. After a bunch of ultrasounds and bloodwork the issue still hasn't been found. So I need to go in for an exam. I've been putting it off due to financial problems but what is going to suck is, the last time I saw her, I was at my after baby low weight of 245. I'll be right around that or maybe a little less when I see her again. She won't know how much work I've done and I'm sure I'll get a comment about losing more weight too.
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #9  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Like any of need any additional reasons not to see a doctor!

I would definitely weigh myself on my own scale at the time of day when you normally weigh and make it a point to tell the doc, "I have lost 9 pounds since the last time I saw you and 13 pounds overall, so it seems like this new (eating, lifestyle, whatever you call it) is working."

Why are medical people so bad at talking about this? I had to see a nutritionist when I was pregnant and she was so awful, I actually quit going to see her. I had gestational diabetes and had given up -- well, basically everything that I normally ate or drank, no junk, no sweets, very limited fruit or milk or anything with sugars --- but it was never enough! The day she started talking about replacing my red meat with tofu was the last day I ever saw her. I stayed on the very restricted sugar diet, but that was enough of a massive change without worrying about my blood lipids at that instant. Humpf!

Hang in there, Heidi, and concentrate on what you have already accomplished and on whatever the concern is that takes you the doctor in the first place.
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #10  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

You know what cracks me up? When an overweight doctor tells me to lose weight.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Are you healthier today than you were when you last saw her? Are you eating more nutritious foods? Are you exercising more? Mentally, are you stronger and more confident? Don't forget, the scales are just one of the many ways to measure progress....and, a very ineffectual way at best.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 283/ticker/160

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I actually had a good appontment. First of all she told me not to weigh at home since I am seeing her every two weeks. She said I would only drive myself nuts with the daily fluctuations and water weight. She was actually really supportive rather than critical that I didnt lose as much as I would have liked. She basically told me she isnt that focused on the actual number but the downward trend. And a loss even if its only a pound sometimes is still a loss. She told me to focus more on the progress Im making that she can see from visit to visit. She said look how baggy your pants are! She also pointed out how my wedding ring was sitting crooked on my finger because its too big now. She told me I am too hard on myself and too relax.

You could have knocked me over with a feather!
HeidiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #13  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Good for her, Heidi! Sounds like you have a keeper in this one; she is part of your support team, not a member of the diet police. So take her advice and relax, be proud of yourself for the progress and changes you are making and just start thinking about how healthy you will be 6 and 12 and 24 months from now. I am glad this appointment turned out so well!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote