Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #61  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

I had two different people ask me if I had lost weight this week. I could proudly answer yes!
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:21 AM   #62  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

I realized that I'm technically closer to 200 pounds than 300... Maybe after a while, I'll be closer to 100 than 200? That would be good.

The major NSV is being able to fit into my uniform shirts for work just in time for the consistently warm weather. I was really concerned about what I was going to do when the warm weather hit and I had to put away my nice oversized hoodies that conceal my fat rolls! They fit ... adequately... at this point, but I think by the time the weather goes from warm to hot in the next month or so, I'll be even more comfortable in them. Here's to not having to hide inside huge hoodies!
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

My butt is shrinking. My pants are looser and my nice dress pants that were perfect length before are not dragging on the floor with shoes on. I'll have to do some hemming.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #64  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I just had to laugh at myself over this one.

So, on my break, I went down to the river - half a block away. I sat on the ground, leaned back against a rock, ate my snack, drank my water, and read a book. It was very nice. Just beautiful today. So I am coming back and I get to the street after the light has turned red. I start across, walking fast. the light turns green and there are cars waiting to go so I start to jog to get across faster. I have a book in one hand and a water bottle in the other and I realize about two steps in that I am about to lose my pants! I have been tugging them up all day long but thought they were okay. Nope, they were halfway down my butt and picking up speed before I could throw my water bottle into my other hand and pull them back up.

I don't think anyone saw anything but it cracked me up. It's definitely time to get a belt.
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #65  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Quite possibly the biggest NSV of my life happened yesterday morning. I have been having some issues at work that were bad enough for me to have to consult an attorney. The powers-that-be and I had a meeting on Friday (where, thankfully, the situation was completely resolved). When I woke up on Friday morning, my stomach was in knots. I didn't feel like eating.

Me. I didn't feel like eating! Normally, in situations of complete stress and disarray, ALL I want to do is eat!

And yes, I did end up eating breakfast, just at 10:00 instead of 6:00.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #66  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Made it to the end of a day when all I wanted to do was eat - but I didn't. Not more than planned anyway.

OK, the day's not quite over yet but I've got to a time when I just don't bother eating after (around 7:30pm) and I've still got a cup of coffee with milk to go, so I'm good.

Oh yea, and I did a TON of ironing to distract myself!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #67  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I slid some size 12 CK jeans up with no problem! hehe *dancing*

I love reading all of these...they bring a smile to my face!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #68  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

This is the best thread, so inspiring.

I went throw my wardrobe yesterday and bagged up anything that was too big. It's a fairly significant pile. The best bit is that I got to through out the grey pants that I last fit into 5 years ago! The were a mini-goal, but I haven't been into the back of my cupboard in so long that I shrank out of them before I got round to trying them on again. (I always hated them, so yay!)

Last edited by Couch; 04-21-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #69  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

I took a bath last night for the first time since losing weight, our house was built in the 60's so it's a small tub, and my a** didn't act like a dam and block all the warm water from coming up to my chest. I can fit in our bath tub!!! This made me cry.
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #70  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yesterday, I had my very first unsolicited "you look like you're losing weight" comment. I could get addicted to those!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

I just put on a pair of size 20 jeans that I haven't worn in at least 4 years and they fit!
They are not even the type with any stretch in them. Just regular ol' jeans!!!!

I don't like the VERY low waist on them (I must have at one point in my life) but at this point, I don't care if I am flashing my undies at the world!!!!!
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #72  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

My NSV is that I just realized that as of 1 lb ago (at 164), I am NO LONGER OVERWEIGHT. At my current weight, my BMI is 24.9!!! Technically (or at least medically, or whatever)--I'm "normal"!! Never would have thought I'd see the day...
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 PM   #73  
Fit To Be Bride

S/C/G: 230.0/214.9/115

Height: 5'2"

As of this week, I discovered that I no longer have to shop in the Plus department where I work. Looking forward to using the extra discount days we have next payday weekend to buy a few Misses shirts.
EarthWhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:38 PM   #74  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Today I bought a skort. A skort!! DCHound, who never, ever, EVER shows her legs bought a skort. And I'm wearing it! Yeah ok, I haven't had showgirl legs since 6th grade (seriously) but they now look OK enough to wear a skort and nobody has run away screaming MY EYES MY EYES yet! It'll look even better after I give myself my bday present, tanning bed time.

I also bought an XL top, misses 14/16, from Costco and it fits! And looks great!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #75  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Meredith, you are awesome. Congratulations on 100 pounds lost and hitting a normal BMI! Way to go.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote