Old 03-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Default small NSV

I can sit on my couch for HOURS with my legs crossed legged. This is huge for me. HUGE!!!! I feel so much more youthful! I can move and do SO MANY MORE things than I could 91 lbs ago. SO MANY MORE!!!!!!

That is all

(written as I am sitting cross legged. Tee hee!)
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

yay! you have done so fantastically!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Isn't it an awesome feeling?
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #4  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

definitely must feel so good,
awesome!
alsten02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Wonderful, that is not small! I can not sit cross-legged yet and look forward to it. Enjoy this, you deserve it!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #6  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Girl, 91 lbs is so truely awesome! You are such an inspiration! Congratulations!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

Thanks! (92 lbs as of this morning... but who`s counting... lol!)
Old 03-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
Thanks! (92 lbs as of this morning... but who`s counting... lol!)
Who's counting? You are. You are. And we're right here beside you cheering you on. 92 pounds is SO incredible!!!! YOU are so incredible.

It's great fun discovering all the new things that your now smaller self is capable of. Things that were out of the question in the not so long ago. "Normal" things, that always slim people take for granted. I think that's what I like the best about being slim. Just feeling "normal". And "average". Regular. This weight loss stuff is FANTASTIC, isn't it?

But don't shoot me - you know I gotta say this because I just want the best for you right? Okay - here goes - all right, how to say this gently - I'll just say it - what in the world are you doing sitting on the couch for hours?

I know you probably had a perfectly good reason for doing so, so please disreagard if that's the case. And therefore I apologize in advance. (Can you tell just how badly I don't want to offend you? I hope so).

Anyway, one tiny suggestion, and I wouldn't be surprised if you're already doing this. If you're watching TV - get up at every single commerical - and move around. Straighten up something in the house, wash a dish - walk up and down the stairs - something. I LOVED sneaking in extra activity to move along my weight loss. I STILL find myself sneaking in extra movement where ever possible.

Still friends?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #9  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I know that feeling!! Yesterday I was sitting on the couch with my legs crossed talking to my mom for a bit. I looked down quickly and went back to talking then stopped in the middle when I realized my legs were crossed!! I stopped, uncrossed them, and crossed them again. I continued my conversation. LOL! That is a wonderful feeing as it's been so long since I did it. Congrats and enjoy.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

lol!!!! I was stuck on the couch doing La Leche league work and making Phone calls. It was for about two hours and I was STIFF afterwards! I never sit down for that long EVER but after dance festival and running for a week straight it was SO NICE to just... sit.

Never fear my friend. I've been working my tail off today doing spring cleaning. About to take 6 large boxes to Salvation army and 7 bags of crap to the dump. I LOVE spring cleaning. I LOVE decluttering

Of course we're still friends. I lurve you muchly You didn't offend me at all. Don't be silly!

Ps: I don't watch tv. I know! I'm strange! I HAVE a TV downstairs in the rec room for the kids the odd time but I don't watch it. When it's after 8 and the kids are in bed I clean up the house, prepare the daycare for the next day, surf the net a bit and read. Brush the dog, play with the guinea pig, work on advanced obedience with the dog. I mostly never stop moving these days... hey! Maybe that's why I lose weight so fast lol!

Last edited by cfmama; 03-22-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #11  

That is so NOT a small NSV. That's a big one. I long for the day when I can sit cross-legged for a long amount of time without feeling like my legs are about to pop out of their sockets at the hips. I can sit cross-legged but only for 20 minutes tops and that too with one leg sticking out noticeably instead of being tucked under the other leg. It's amazing how we long to do such things when people who have never been obese take such things for granted.

Good for you!
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
lol!!!! I was stuck on the couch doing La Leche league work and making Phone calls. It was for about two hours and I was STIFF afterwards! I never sit down for that long EVER but after dance festival and running for a week straight it was SO NICE to just... sit.

Never fear my friend. I've been working my tail off today doing spring cleaning. About to take 6 large boxes to Salvation army and 7 bags of crap to the dump. I LOVE spring cleaning. I LOVE decluttering

Of course we're still friends. I lurve you muchly You didn't offend me at all. Don't be silly!

Ps: I don't watch tv. I know! I'm strange! I HAVE a TV downstairs in the rec room for the kids the odd time but I don't watch it. When it's after 8 and the kids are in bed I clean up the house, prepare the daycare for the next day, surf the net a bit and read. Brush the dog, play with the guinea pig, work on advanced obedience with the dog. I mostly never stop moving these days... hey! Maybe that's why I lose weight so fast lol!
You're not going to believe this, but somehow I just had a *feeling* that you were doing something productive while sitting on that couch. I knew it. I really did.

You sound like you are getting in lots and lots of movement. I remember feeling the same way. I just couldn't sit still. I had so much new found energy - I LOVED it. Still do. Don't know how I managed so long without it. I get so much more done in a day now.

We are so alike, it really amazes me. I very rarely watch television. And today - I did lots of spring cleaning and de-cluttering - which is one of my favorite things to do! I LOVE packing things up and hauling them out of my house. I HATE having extra, un-needed stuff around.

But of course there are times when we do actually NEED, really, really NEED to just sit and chill. Which also comes under the heading of taking care of ourselves.

Again, I knew you were up to something. I shouldn't have even mentioned it. Because really, you know EXACTLY what needs to be done - AND you're doing it. You're really, really doing it!!!! You are a losing machine!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

Wow, I hadn't thought about sitting cross legged in a while. Hmmmm. Nope, it is still uncomfortable for me! You are doing so great!! I can't wait until I can just sit and cross one leg!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #14  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Leg-crossing is a HUGE deal to us chubby-thighed gals! Well done!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 283/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

That is amazing! Im telling you its about the little things. I think we focus so much on the big goals and its amazing when you reach them, but its the little things like sitting cross legged that sneak up and give us great pleasure! I have battled weight my entire life my highest weight ever was 325 and I dont really know what I did the first go around but I got down to 285 I think juts by being busy and not having time to binge. I at one time got down to 253 but gained it all back. So this go around with the weight loss is about changing my life not just sucking weight for a big event. I started at 283 this time and life has been getting in the way and I have been bouncing up and down between 274 and 276 for about 2 weeks. Frustrating but things are settling down now and Im focused again. But seriously when I was down to 250 I was so happy to be able to sit on the floor to play with my nephews! I couldnt do that before...I even had a little lap for them to sit on! Its those things that give me the most pleasure, aside from the thought that one day I might put on a pair of jeans and not worry about where something is lopping over in the front sides or back!

I just want to say Im truly inspired by you!
HeidiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote