I think I busted it...

• My scale read that I'd dropped in weight this morning. Yay! Except I weighed again to make sure... and now the scale was insisting I'd gained weight. I weighed again... and again... and the scale kept giving me different answers, over a range of 10 lbs.

So yeah, my scale's broken or inaccurate. Anyone got any suggestions for a replacement? Do you prefer digital or not? I'd need to aim for $30 or under... kinda unemployed right now.
  • I got one (not digital) from amazon that was $10.00, it works great.
  • If you don't have money, why not weigh at rite aid or somewhere like that, that has a free scale?
  • If you are weighing at different times of the day it is likely not your scale. Your body will fluctuate in weight by several lbs throughout the day. That is why you should pick a time of day to weigh that is the same, like the am. If not you can pick up a cheapo scale at and store for like $20, no bells and whistles. You don't need a fancy one.
  • Is it a scale that requires batteries? Perhaps you need to change the battery.
  • I bought a Taylor digital from wal-mart for around $50 canadian and I LURVE IT.
  • Yes, I would try a new battery.
  • I have to go shopping for a new scale also. Mine works but is an analog scale and I tend to try to lie to myself that it is a pound or two less that what it really is (it's difficult to read the little dashes from five and a half feet away)...a digital wouldn't give me that option. My parents have a Taylor from Walmart that seems to work well also...think I might go check them out.
  • Quote: My scale read that I'd dropped in weight this morning. Yay! Except I weighed again to make sure... and now the scale was insisting I'd gained weight. I weighed again... and again... and the scale kept giving me different answers, over a range of 10 lbs.

So yeah, my scale's broken or inaccurate. Anyone got any suggestions for a replacement? Do you prefer digital or not? I'd need to aim for $30 or under... kinda unemployed right now.
    try a new battery?
  • Thanks everyone for the advice, it was very helpful. I ended up buying a simple $10 analog scale today, and it seems to be working fine. And it says I've lost weight. Wooha!
  • Last week I bought a digital Taylor from Target for $20 and I hate it! I keep getting "ERR" when trying to weigh. I have to step on it several times to get it to show any weight. Then if I step off and weigh again (immediately afterwards) I will get a different weight. It can be as much as 6 pounds difference. I want to take it back but am embarrassed. I am afraid they will think that I broke it because I weigh so much. I think I will toss it and buy another but am afraid the same thing will happen.

I may just keep my 20 year old scale. I know it is inaccurate but it shows my downward trend.