Clothing Exchange

• So another thread got me thinking, is there a clothing exchange forum? I know we are all looking forward to running out and buying a whole new wardrobe when we are done with our weight loss, but for the in-between time we could exchange by size, so that the recipient pays shipping? Does something like that already exist? If so, sorry I'm a clumsy newbie.
  • I like that idea, I know I can't afford to go buy new clothes.
  • Hey! That is a great idea! I don't know if such a thing exists here at 3fc because I am pretty new myself.

And since I haven't had the chance to do so elsewhere, I just wanted to say how cool it is to have another new face here on the 100+ board! It is amazing the amount of energy and support that this group can generate --- not to mention the good advice and totally blow-me-away role models. So, welcome, welcome --- the more the merrier --- hale and well met!

• Because of issues in the past, clothing exchange/sales/etc aren't allowed. I think people got burned and upset in the past and we want to avoid that.
  • That stinks- sounds like a fun idea!
  • I think that this is a good idea. I know some forums that have exchange sections. If you put a post limit on the forum the people exchanging would be more credible.
  • Couldn't people just donate them to a local organization then post where they donated them at?....ON like craigs list or perhaps here if thats allowed.So if others live close they can go to see about them...There is several churches ect in my area that gives them back out to others for free.Maybe that is a safer idea and would be helpful to the charities also.
  • No, due to past problems, it's just not allowed. Sorry.
  • yah I could see where it could be a problem ~ and besides, not all "Size 20" etc. are created equal. It would suck to pay $25 for a shipment of clothing only to have nothing fit right.

I give bags and bags of stuff to Interval House - it's a battered women and children shelter - they're always thrilled to get bigger, hard to fit sizes. I can't imagine anything worse than having to run from my home and then be humiliated when no clothes would fit me! at least they have plenty big stuff!