Old 03-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/256/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Feeling scared!

So yesterday (3/9/09) I got the news that my second job will be over with on Sunday.

I'm a school bus driver during the day and I work at a gas station during the weekends and the summer, all of the employees knew it was coming(road work) but we were told it would be another month or so down the line. NOPE Monday at noon we close! I'm scared for my summer job money but not only that my mom and my aunt were the managers there and now they are both going to be jobless.

All I want to do is eat!!
evillynn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry for your added stress! It is such a tough economy. Maybe try to go for a walk or come and post if you feel the urge to head for comfort food.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #3  
started 1/28/08

Sorry to hear about your job closing.

If you're up to doing some exercise, it is a great way to work off stress and keep yourself out of the kitchen. I'm dealing with some unpleasantness in my personal/business life right now, and when I start thinking about eating something that doesn't fit in my plan, I get my *ss out the door immediately to the gym, or if I've already worked out that day, out for a walk. It's like aversion therapy, I'm thinking less about the fridge already
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

You may want to eat your stress away, but you just can't. There will always be stress and bad times and we have to learn how to continue to work our plan especially during those times.

I think the exercise suggestions are a great idea!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Right on Sandi! I have never been one to eat because of stress, I eat mostly out of boredom or bad habits (ie eating when I am reading or watching tv) but we have to learn not to try and make the problems go away by using food. I really hate the phrase 'comfort food'. Eating high fat foods that are supposed to be comforting only make me feel worse about myself. Try and remember that you'll only feel worse afterwards, it surely isn't worth the few seconds of comfort that you'll have. Sorry to hear that your job will be over. Hopefully everyone will be able to find another job soon. Best wishes!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

Take the money you would spend on bad food and chuck it away instead!! Eating will only comfort you on a very light level and as soon as you are done you will not be happy with yourself, so be kind to yourself and find another outlet....please take care of yourself!! You are worth it!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote