Combining Diet Supplements???

• Okay, so today at wal-mart I was buying some "diet stuff", and I didn't really realize it until I got home, but I bought 1 a day weight smart vitamins (I never take vitamins, so I figured I should start since I'm trying to get healthy).. And I bought slim fast Optima... Well I got to looking at them both, and they both contain some of the same vitamins.. I dont know much about this, so I thought I should get some advice before starting them both.

They BOTH have all the same vitamins in them. 1 A Day has 100-127% of each, and slim fast has 35-100% of each... That is up to 200% daily value on ALL of these.....

Vit. D
    Vit E
    Vit K
    Thiamin
    Riboflavin
    Niacin
    Vit B6
    Folic Acid
    Vit B12 (which is the same as Thiamin, so I don't know why they both have double doses)
    Pantothenic acid
    Magnesium
    Zinc
    Selenium
    Copper
    Manganese
    Chromium

Will having that much of any of those pose a problem??
  • From what you have listed, it probably won't hurt anything--but I would just skip the 1 a day vitamins while you're drinking the Slimfast.

Jay
  • You should only take one. It would be like taking a double dose and that cant be good for you. try one for a whil and then try the other and see which one you like better. But there is no need to take both at the same time.
  • My understanding is that you pee out most of the vitamins you take anyway ~ 200% of those isn't likely to do anything at all negative.