3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Okay, number crunchers.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/166216-okay-number-crunchers.html)

Jen415 03-06-2009 03:07 PM

Okay, number crunchers....

1 Attachment(s)
Please check out the attached file with my stats this year.

I'm frustrated because, based on my calorie numbers alone, I should be losing. But I am stalled out!!

Can you look at this and make some suggestions on what I can do to get moving again?

Thanks in advance.::hug:

fiberlover 03-06-2009 05:08 PM

Are you exercising for an hour or more every day? If so, I would really be eating more. At your weight and exercising that much, 1800 really may not be enough.
Are you strength training? And what types of food are you eating? Sometimes just the numbers aren't enough information.

Jen415 03-06-2009 08:19 PM

Hi Lori--More info:

I'm not exercising much at all--a 15 minute walk usually. I did one day of strength training last week, and that was the first day I did it. In the beginning, I was doing biggest loser DVDs about three times a week. I know upping my exercise will help.

As far as what I eat, here is a typical day:

B: Kashi GoLean cereal with 1% milk and a banana
S: fat free yogut with almonds
L: Turkey sandwich with light mayo and a slice of cheddar cheese and cottage cheese
S: apple and cheese stick
D: ground chicken or turkey meals (taco salad, chili, curry)
S: No sugar added cocoa with whipped cream on top

cfmama 03-06-2009 11:19 PM

more fruit and veg definatley... and maybe more calories? Looks pretty good to me though!

Fishing Gal 03-07-2009 08:59 AM

Mix it up

I agree with the fruits & veggies. Mix it up. Berries are great - plus ditch the cheddar cheese. You have 3 cheeses in that mix. The apple can only do so much!! HAHA

Also - exercise - that will knock you back into gear! GL :carrot:

fiberlover 03-07-2009 10:41 AM

Some ideas:
- More veggies, you could do with a lot more fiber.
- Reduce the processed foods like the deli turkey, SF cocoa and stuff. Lots of sodium in those
- try to make your evening snack a balance protein fats and carbs. More like your morning or afternoon snack.
- Exercise more (reading your word document, it seemed as though you were doing 100 minutes a day)

cfmama 03-07-2009 12:19 PM

oh and other than the almonds... I don't see any healthy fats in there. Work some more of them into your diet :)

Jen415 03-09-2009 09:42 AM

Thanks for all these suggestions.

Tammy: I do brown my ground chicken and/or turkey in evoo, so there's another healthy fat. Otherwise, maybe I should just eat guacamole every night! LOL (j/k, I know the calories for that would be through the roof!)

fiberlover: You are spot on about the sodium. Maybe I should bake my own turkey and/or chicken and get the meat from that? Also....what kind of balanced snacks would you suggest?

fishing gal: Thanks for pointing out the cheese thing. I love the stuff, but refuse to eat reduced fat varieties of it.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I am open to other ones as well.