Old 03-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #16  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I'm not an expert, but I think this is really the key for people over 200 lbs, I've been loosing weight, fairly steadily at starting 2000 cal at 270 lbs, to now 1800 cal at 220 lbs. When I'm truly on plan, I loose somewhere between 1 lb and 2 lb a week. Not super fast, but a truly steady sustainable loss.

If you eat at 1400 now, when you're down more than halfway and still trying to loose the last little bit, you'll not have any calories to drop so that you can continue to lose weight to get to goal.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #17  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
If you eat at 1400 now, when you're down more than halfway and still trying to loose the last little bit, you'll not have any calories to drop so that you can continue to lose weight to get to goal.
Exactly!
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
I'm not an expert, but I think this is really the key for people over 200 lbs, I've been loosing weight, fairly steadily at starting 2000 cal at 270 lbs, to now 1800 cal at 220 lbs. When I'm truly on plan, I loose somewhere between 1 lb and 2 lb a week. Not super fast, but a truly steady sustainable loss.

My thoughts exactly. I vary my calories each day, and will range from 1500 calories to 2500 calories. I work out almost every day, and am losing weight. Maybe only a pound or 2 a week. But its something i can live with. I can stick to this. But by eating how I am, when I hit a plateau, I can easily drop my calories, and not feel like I'm starving.

And I dont belong to a gym. I just do work out DVDs at home. The days I work, I tend to just do a 20 min work out (usually TBL Boot camp or JM 30DS) and then will work out for about an hour on my days off.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote