Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5ft 8in

Smile Starting over (for real)

Hello, I currently weigh 270 lbs. I want to lose 100 lbs. I used to work out a lot when I was in the military. But I have let myself go, I just would like to know which is the best way to start? Also how do I get one of those weight meter things at the bottom of my post?
keisha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello! Welcome to the club!!!

You need to have 20 posts and be here a month before you can get a weight loss ticker. So get posting and stick around and you'll have one before long
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:52 AM   #3  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
Hello! Welcome to the club!!!

You need to have 20 posts and be here a month before you can get a weight loss ticker. So get posting and stick around and you'll have one before long
Really??? It hasn't always been that way, has it? I guess things changed while I was gone.

Anyway, welcome keisha!!!
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:59 AM   #4  

Height: 5ft6'

Start walking. That's always a good place to start. Then ou can add to it or switch it up if you find something else you like. Weight training is always good to. I guess it depends on your life style and what you like.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hmmm. The best way to start.

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS!!!

Make a commitment - to good health and good eating/exercise.

Journal. Journal. Journal. Your thoughts.

And most importantly your foods. Become accountable. You bite it, you write it. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!! Montior your calories. You bite it. You write it. Yes, that needed to be repeated. Fitday.com and thedailyplate.com can get you started there.

RID YOUR HOUSE OF THE JUNK. Toss it. Give it away. Get it away. Just gone. Gone. Gone. You can't eat it if it's not there. Period. You need to make your home a safe haven. It benefits NO ONE. NO ONE. It's - junk.

ADD in healthy, low calorie, wholesome foods. Tons of veggies, just TONS, low fat proteins - chicken, salmon, tuna, turkey, egg whites, low fat dairy products, soy products, oatmeal and some fruits .

Plan ahead. Plan ahead. Plan ahead. Eating healthy does NOT happen by chance. It's got to be thought out ahead of time, in advance. It's time well spent.

Find new recipes. Tweak your old ones.

Exercise. Add physical activity to your day. Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone - GREAT dvds. Or walk outside. By an inexpensive stretchie band and start doing some strength training.

Make a commitment. To yourself. You deserve this. And you CAN and SHOULD to this! You won't be sorry. You won't regret it. Not for a teeny, tiny second.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #6  
One pound at a time...

to the board!! I second everything that rockinrobin has posted. My favourite saying is "If you fail to plan, plan to fail". Good luck!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote