Old 03-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #1  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Day 2 was a good day

Today was the best day. I really got to see why I'm doing this. The weather was unbelievably gorgeous so we packed a picnic and headed out to a state park close by. After our picnic, my husband and I and our 3 year old went hiking on the nature trail. Any other time I would have made an excuse not to do it, but I thought it would be a good way to get some exercise in, and I'm so glad I did it. Walking in the woods, holding my husband's hand and watching our son run around enjoying himself, I had a lightbulb moment. I got to see what I want my life to be like. I don't want my son to only have happy memories, but I want him to have happy memories of ME as well. And I don't want those memories to be me sitting on a park bench smoking a cigarette while he plays on the monkey bars. I want those memories to be of mom and dad holding hands, and mom kicking the soccer ball around with him I want to be a good example for him. I can't believe I've let so many opportunities pass me by because of my weight. He and his father are so much more important to me than anything I could ever possibly want to eat. I feel very lucky I got to see this today, and I'll have it to hold onto when this path I'm on gets hard.
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #2  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

You have a beautiful attitude. I truly believe that WANTING to lose weight is the biggest gun you can have in your arsenal for success. You can totally do this!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #3  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

What wonderful insight and great motivation! You can do this!

Hold on to these thoughts on the days that this seems tough. Maybe bookmark this thread to reread later?

Last edited by time2lose; 03-08-2009 at 09:44 PM.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote