Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #76  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I bought new exercise pants tonight! I realized today that I cannot keep wearing the pants/shorts I usually wear. They fit when I was at 275 and since I don't have a butt or hips, I can't keep them up now. Real cute to be walking on the treadmill at the gym and holding up your pants with your hand.

I bought an XL, down from XXL in nearly all of my other exercise clothes. I tried the large and it fit but they were clingy fabric and with this belly, I'm just not ready for that much cling.

Mj5, how come the produce is always next to the bakery in the grocery, too? I went in for spinach today and there are the cookies right next to it! I was good but I wish they'd help a girl out a bit!
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #77  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Fit easily and comfortably into a restaurant booth today. Yipee!!! And this weekend at ate modestly and enjoyably at a buffet that I thought might be a problem. I told myself I can always come back another time.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #78  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Bought some chocolate - still trying to get my cals up after a very low few days with food poisoning, today's the first day I've felt human.

Shop only had 140g bars.

I broke off 50g (all calorie counted) and (drumroll) put the rest right to the back of the freezer.

I do not know the last time I left a bar of chocolate unfinished.

ps. every calorie tasted great too!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

I have now become enough of a gym regular that after some very strenuous work outs this week where I leave feeling like my muscles (I almost have real muscles!) are made of cooked spaghetti, I only get twinges of soreness the next day instead of doing the pregnant woman squat to get to onto the toilet because my legs hurt so bad! I was complaining to my mom that I still don't see a difference and she told me I was crazy. And I took my measurements for the first time in 2 months and have lost 22inches! Apparently she is right since 8 of those inches are in my waist. Still have a lot of room to go there since I am definitely an apple shape, but seeing the progress feels so good.
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #80  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

My best NSVs over the past couple days have been that I just came home for Spring break, and I am absolutely surrounded by all of the junk my family eats - literally, the house is bursting full with cookies, cake, chips, etc! - and I have not touched any of it. In fact, I just went grocery shopping with my dad today, and stocked up on all of my favorite yummy and *healthy* foods to eat during the next couple weeks! It's going to be hard to resist all this temptation, but I know I can do it!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 AM   #81  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

My grandsons are visiting this week and I have been able to get down on the floor and play with them!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:40 AM   #82  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I have quite a small wardrobe, by which I mean the piece of furniture.
I have a tiny wardrobe, by which I mean clothes I can get into.
The hanging rail in the wardrobe is separated in 2 by a central fixing. Clothes on the left fit, clothes on the right don't but aren't miles away.
Last night I moved a lightweight jacket from the right side to the left. woohoo.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #83  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

WooT!!! I just discovered that I am now just "obese" instead of "morbidly obese." That's my biggest NSV yet!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

I actually have two today!

First, I've started working on the C25K. Usually in the time frame of the 20 minutes of walk/run, I can make 2 laps around my apartment complex. Today, not increasing the ratio of walking to running, I made it 2.5 laps around the complex so I have increased my distance.

Second, I was shaving my legs today, went to turn my leg and TA DA!!!! I could actually see definition in my thigh muscles.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #85  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

The last time I took progress pictures I was wearing a cute new shirt that I'd gotten from Old Navy. It's here:

http://pics.livejournal.com/thistoo/pic/00009rdb

Though as you can see in the picture, it did not button over my (still ample) tummy, so I wore it anyway and pretended that was the style I was going for. I put it on this past Thursday and what do you know, it buttoned all the way down! And that's during TOM, which is practically a miracle.

Last edited by thistoo; 03-21-2009 at 06:41 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #86  
Maintaining ~6 years!

^ LOL thistoo, I have definitely rocked the "this shirt doesn't quite button, but that's the style I was going for" look before!! Many times! That used to be the only way I could ever wear one of my favorite shirts... And of course now I can't wear it anymore because it's way too big. But anyways, you look HOT in that picture, so I can only imagine how awesome you must look (and feel!) now that the shirt fits better. WTG!

So, OMG, yesterday I had quite possibly the most amazing temptation-resistance NSV(s?) that I have ever had... First off, I went out to lunch with an old friend, which I was dreading because obviously most restaurant food sucks as far as healthy options are concerned, but that was the only way we could manage to see each other. Well it ended up that the restaurant we chose had a really amazing salad bar, so I gorged myself on tons of fresh-cut raw veggies and a few grapes! Yummy, and sooo low in calories!

I was feeling pretty good about managing to stay OP during that meal, but honestly that didn't require TOO much willpower because I had been planning for this lunch and hoping I could order a salad or whatever anyways, but THEN last night I made extremely last-minute plans to drive out to visit one of my friends at her college (cuz I'm on break, and she's not), and her way of making the trip "special" was to take me to... A CHINESE BUFFET. Yes, I'm talking about one of those places where you pay $10 for instant access to an unlimited number of plates of fried rice, lo mein, egg rolls, fried potatoes, etc etc (plus of course all the meaty stuff, though I'm a vegetarian so thankfully at least THAT wasn't a problem for me, heh). Not to mention all of the amazing-looking desserts they had... Apple pie/turnover thingies, these rolls that were essentially fried dough dusted with granulated sugar (?!), at least 7 different flavors of ice cream, and a bunch of little assorted cakes/pies that I tried not to look at for too long, LOL! I'm not gonna lie, a part of me seriously wanted to take a nosedive into the buffet and demolish 5 platefuls of the junk, but I am SO PROUD to report that I did not even TOUCH it! In one part of the buffet, set aside from everything else, they had a teeny little section with raw fruit and veggies, so I just loaded up a plate of that! It was delicious, and I got to spend time with my friend without having to gorge myself on the yucky, greasy (delicious ) Chinese food. Though of course it sucks that I had to pay $10 for it, but I'd rather waste the money than screw up all of my hard work.

After resisting that, I honestly feel like Wonder Woman! No food is going to come in between me and my goals, no matter how tempting it may be!! LOL!

Last edited by Star2Be; 03-21-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #87  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I tried on a pair of size 18 pants today while out shopping. I didn't have high hopes, but they buttoned *and* zipped! They were still a tad too tight to wear in public, so I didn't get them, but I haven't been able to button/zip a size 18 for at least three years!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #88  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Meredith, you are the sweetest girl ever. Thanks!

And WTG on resisting the buffet. Imagine how terrible you'd feel if you'd eaten all that fat and MSG; instead you feel awesome. That's tremendous.

Jennelle, congrats on the 18s! I love love LOVE fitting into a new size.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #89  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

WTG, Meredith--I don't know if I'd be that strong! I love Chinese food!

My NSV is yesterday I brought my new size-12 jeans in to the tailor to be hemmed. I bought them a few months ago when they were on sale at my favorite store, and they were so cheap, around $9, that I decided to buy them as "goal jeans". Yesterday, I decided to try them on and they fit, so I brought them in to be fixed.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #90  
Maintaining ~6 years!

^Ooooh, fitting into goal clothing, how fun!! I just recently bought a pair of "goal/mini-goal jeans" on eBay in... *gulp*... A size 8. I'm not exactly sure what size I am right now because I haven't bought new pants in a really long time (I've been saving on buying new clothes by sewing the old ones over and over again instead, heh), but my best guess is that I'm about a 10. So to buy a pair of size-8 jeans meant that I have to start getting a grip on idea that I could conceivably fit into an 8 someday! It's blowin' my mind, man! Normally I don't buy clothes for motivation, but they were only $10 (with free shipping!). Hehe. But anyways, congrats on the new jeans Ookpik!! That is so cool!