Old 03-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #16  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

LOL Nada, you're probably right!! I'm planning to wear it tomorrow, actually, because it's supposed to be even warmer and sunnier, and I might be running into this guy that I have a bit of a crush on... Hope I look good in it!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #17  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I went shopping and bought size 18 pants! They run large and my true size is probably a 20 but I am happy with the size 18s!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
I went shopping and bought size 18 pants! They run large and my true size is probably a 20 but I am happy with the size 18s!
Awwesome!!!
Amber1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #19  

I don't have any NSVs yet since I finally started again for the umpteenth and hopefully last time but I just wanted to drop in and say that I love this thread and that it's my favorite. Watching you ladies find new surprises along your weight loss journeys and seeing how happy it makes you is a huge motivation. Can't wait until I can finally chime in!
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #20  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

Mine is a little strange, I broke down and ate MdDonalds the other nite, I am sick and didnt feel like cooking and feeling sorry for myself and somehow in my mind, that made me feel like i was allowed to eat that crappy food, anyway i took myself through the drive thu got home and ate the food, and, thought it was gross....that to me is a victory in itself, wether it was just a bad over salted bunch of fries or whatever it was, i no longer want it!

Also i have been eyeing my 6 pairs of 'skinny' that i have been steaily trying to shrink back into and decided its been a couple months i should try at least the biggest of the skinny jeans on....just to see how much farther i have to go..and they fit, not even to tightly, comfortably ALMOST too big, wearing them today!! lol so then i decided what the heck i will try on all the others which i was sure i wouldnt get past my hips, well i got them ALLLL on AND done up, they are a little too tight for me to feel totally comfortable wearing yet, but i got em up thats a big step lol. WHen i started in Dec i couldnt get them past my hips and if i could, i couldnt get them done up!!
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #21  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

^ YEA!! It's always awesome when you realize you can fit into clothes that you previously couldn't! Though for me I'm usually like "Oh, it must have stretched out or something..." cuz I'm unwilling to believe that I might actually be smaller! Heh.

Just to contribute my own NSV, today I walked straight past a suspicious-looking box that was sitting out at work today... I'm pretty sure it had donuts or cookies or some other kind of deliciously evil food in it, and I was NOT interested in finding out exactly what it was!! LOL!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 AM   #22  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

The new trousers I bought 17lbs ago and which only fitted if I didn't breathe now fit fine, even when sitting down. In fact, because of the lesser girth, the hems trail on the ground! Fetch out the wundaweb.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

I love reading all the great NSV's even if I haven't had many of my own in a long time. However, last night I signed up to do a 5K Run/Walk. I will not be running but I'm so excited, it's the first time I've ever tried something like this. (I'm 53 years old and have been overweight all my life). It's only 9 days away so I going to be out walking every chance I get, starting with my lunch time today.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I went completely off-plan from Feb. 19th - Feb 28th due to being away from home, stress, grief, blah blah blah...in the end, on March 1st, I was up 15 (OMG) pounds to 193lbs and was feeling really down. In my head I knew it was mostly water weight and because TOM is near, but I was completely disappointed in myself for going so ridiculously off plan.

In the past, this would have made me throw in the towel completely with thoughts like "Well, I've already screwed up, so I might as well keep going." BUT, I got right back on plan on March 1st and I've stayed on plan! As of my weigh-in this morning, I'm at 180... only 2lbs above my lowest weight of 178.

It is just amazing to me how quickly that extra weight came off once I got focused again. And I am so proud of myself that I was able to even get back on plan again. Certainly the best NSV I've had.

Congrats to everyone else! I love reading these NSVs!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #25  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

My clothes are feeling looser and my butt doesnt feel as "chunky". Ha ha....but I'll take it!! Dont want no chunky butt!

Also, it is a bit easier to go walking for exercise only after 4 days of it. Only 4 days so far and its reallye easier to do than the first day. Im so glad.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #26  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna b thin View Post
I love reading all the great NSV's even if I haven't had many of my own in a long time. However, last night I signed up to do a 5K Run/Walk. I will not be running but I'm so excited, it's the first time I've ever tried something like this. (I'm 53 years old and have been overweight all my life). It's only 9 days away so I going to be out walking every chance I get, starting with my lunch time today.
WOW! Color me impressed! Make sure you let us know how the run/walk went --- I think you have already won just by competing in it. Very cool!

If this is typical of your attitude, I think you should change your name from WANNAbeThin to GONNAbeThin!

(And I agree that reading this thread is a wonderful lift. Congratulations, everyone!)

Last edited by Numina; 03-06-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Yesterday during my work out, 30DS, I did not stop during the push up section. I was able to do the push ups for the entire time, and felt GREAT when I realized it was the first time I didn't have to stop!
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #28  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

This one is kind of weird, but also awesome. I have been exactly 5'0" my entire adult life -- in college my friends used to measure me for laughs -- but when I went to the doctor recently she measured me at 5'1". All from doing yoga and improving my posture as I lose. Crazy!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #29  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

You gained an inch? Wow that's a GREAT NSV!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #30  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

A vertical inch! I am used to gaining horizonal inches but vertical!! Wow!! I think I will start yoga!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote