Old 02-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Default Children...

I work at a preschool. Today one of the little girls reached up and patted my belly, then said "It looks like you have a baby in there."

Man, kids are brutally honest
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

ya know, kids can't help it. But i just had a GROWN woman ask me a few weeks ago when I was due. My daughter asked an older woman if she had a baby in her tummy. I was MORTIFIED, but she was only 4 or 5. Whats worse is when my son yelled really loud in our churches Fellowship hall that a man my husband was talking to had big boobs. Oh and, my son was standing by my husband and the man, and was yelling it to me across the room.

Last edited by willow650; 02-26-2009 at 08:30 PM.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I was drying my hair yesterday when my five year old came in the bathroom. I leaned over to get a hand towel and she said, "wow mom, your bossoms are really long." LOL!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
Whats worse is when my son yelled really loud in our churches Fellowship hall that a man my husband was talking to had big boobs. Oh and, my son was standing by my husband and the man, and was yelling it to me across the room.
Hahah I'm sorry, I can't help but laugh at the vision of a little kid yelling across a room "MO-OM! THIS GUY HAS BOOBS!"

Yours wins! Mine was entirely less embarassing. (I hope you can laugh about it looking back)

Oh, that reminded me of a time back in kindergarten - a girl in my class was sitting with her knees up in her shirt. I yelled out really loud "IT LOOKS LIKE MARY HAS BOOBS!" Her face got so red, and she pulled her knees out immediately, and her reaction hit me like "Oh man, she's embarassed. I shouldn't have said that," and I felt awful. Just more proof that kids don't realize what they're saying when they say it!

Last edited by Gretchy; 02-26-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #5  

Height: 5'11"

One time my youngest son and I were standing in line at a store, waiting to get our things rung up. He was only about 4, so he was eye-level with the rear end of the man in front of us. He tugged my hand and said in a loud, clear voice, "Mommy, that man just tooted!". This is the same child who, one day at the grocery store, spotted a shady-looking character, pointed at him, and announced, "I don't like that man!"

He's 21 now, and very polite. Thank goodness he grew out of it!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Kids are definately honest. I used to work in a daycare where we took the kids for swim lessons a few times a week. The lessons were right after adult lap swim. There was a man that was very overweight that always swam laps. One of my daycare kids...at about an inch from him, yells to the rest of the class, "wow, look at that man's belly, I've never seen a belly that big," and is trying to puff his belly out. I just wanted to jump in the pool and hide.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #7  
FB

My four year old embarrassed me at the pool last week. Our pool is frequented by senior citizens who honestly see him as a baby, so they baby talk him.

Last week he told everyone who did that (which was everyone in the pool) that talking like that is creepy.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Kids say the darndest things. I was in a line up a couple years ago, hugely pregnant with Phoenix and about 360 lbs to boot and this little boy couldn't stop "wow she's fat. look at how fat she is mom! she's the fattest lady I ever saw! she must eat a whole horse every day! WOW SHE'S SO FAT. WHY ARE YOU SO FAT FAT WOMAN? WHHHHYYYYYYYY?????"

I dropped my groceries and RAN out of the grocery store crying. I know they are just kids... but sometimes what they say REALLY FREAKING HURTS!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Tuesday night, we were all watching "Biggest Loser". My husband made some comment about one of the female contestants and how big she was...he wanted to see how much she weighed. I just sat there seething. My husband has no idea what I weight, he knows its a lot, but seriously has no clue.
Inside, I am seething because I know she is only about 20 pounds heavier then me and he is looking at her like she has three heads.

However THAT wasn't the painful part. I am used to DH being an idiot.

My 6 year old turned to me after she got off the scale with an impressive weight loss and said, "You should go on that show Mom."

In retrospect, he probably ment it to be HELPFUL because he sees me trying to lose weight, but at the time, I wanted to die and kill SOMEONE.
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

OK, not weight related, but kid related.

I was in college, working an internship in a kindergarten classroom. Because of my college student budget and the price of plus-sized clothes, I had exactly 2 pairs of pants to wear that were appropriate dress for this work. I'd alternate them, wearing one on Tuesday and then the other the next day. Wash and repeat for the next week. Then, one day, one of them ripped. So I had to wear the same pair of pants two days in a row - Tuesday and Wednesday.

Which resulted in a cute little 5 year old girl, pulling on my sweater sleeve and YELLING "Are you poor? Because you wore those pants yesterday. You should get new pants."

Sigh.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm kinda butting into this forum, but I saw the thread title on the main page and I have a couple of stories to share. Most of my painful ones are from adults or teens, so these are just cute ones.

Last summer I was out running, and I was doing the couch-to-5K program which involves running and walking intervals. I ran past two sisters, probably 4 and 6, when I was near the point where I turn around and head back. On my way back, when I was across the street from them, it was time to stop running. The little one asks the older one "why is she walking now?" and the older one says "she runs then she walks then she runs again, because she thinks she's fat and she wants to get skinny." I cracked up... it was too cute, and absolutely true!

When I was pregnant, years ago, my little cousin said to me "wow, you got fat!" Then she realized it might sound rude and said "I don't mean you're always fat, I know it's just because of the baby." That one still tends to put her foot in her mouth at age 15.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsarah View Post
Tuesday night, we were all watching "Biggest Loser". My husband made some comment about one of the female contestants and how big she was...he wanted to see how much she weighed. I just sat there seething. My husband has no idea what I weight, he knows its a lot, but seriously has no clue.
Inside, I am seething because I know she is only about 20 pounds heavier then me and he is looking at her like she has three heads.
Men are such boneheads. My ex made a comment about how a woman was soooo huge, "she has to weigh at least 200 pounds." I asked him if he had any idea how much I weighed, and he kinda fumbled over his words. "Well, okay, I don't know.. but you're not as big as she is..."
Old 02-27-2009, 01:39 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

My husband say brilliant things during biggest loser like "wow, she only lost 5 lbs!" He has no idea how hard real world losing is.

Little kids and teenagers scare me to death. When I finally reach goal, it will be such an awesome thing not to intimated by kids anymore. Of course the could still call me ugly!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Not weight related but kid related AND embarassing...my at the time 3.5 year old daughter was with me buying sand for the sandbox at Home Depot. The sand is sold in the construction department and we were in line with every dirty man while she's asking "are you my Daddy?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I laughed with an embarrassed laugh saying "you're so silly...you know who your daddy is!". It wasn't one of her better moments. LOL!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #15  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

When I taught 5th grade, I had a girl with Down Syndrome who spent most of the day in the special ed room but went to lunch and specials with us. She used to run up and give me a hug, then pat my stomach and say, "Ms. M, you gotta fat belly!" She's the same kid who, when I told her that if she continued to misbehave I would have to call her mom, said very earnestly, "Ooooooo, please don't call my mama! I'll give you a dollar!"
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote