Old 02-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #1  
baygurl

S/C/G: 326/See ticker/170

Height: 5 9

Default Back at it again

Hi everyone I have been reading some of your stories and congrats to everyone on their weight loss journey.
I have a long way to go and was just wondering if some of you could share what you have done to loose and keep losing(calorie counting,low carb etc)..need all the help I can get.
baygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #2  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

back, Baygurl. I totally understand the return.. I came back myself only about 3 months ago.... and 80 #'s over the weight I was when I fell off last time..
I came back and I am sticking with the one method that has worked for me in the long run.... Calorie counting and lots of exercise.

To keep me honest I track calories using Fitday, and I keep track of the days I exercise, what I do and for how long on my calendar as well. This way I can't close my eyes and pretend I don't have lots of work to do. I also weight myself daily, although only Sunday morning gets recorded. I can distance myself from the daily number so I don't get obsessed with the normal ups and downs of the week, but if I don't check regularly and often, it is very easy for me to fall off my good habits. YMMV.

Stick with it; I know you can do it.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #3  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I have quite a ways to go myself but I am making progress, slowly but surely. I am following a calorie counting plan... it is working well for me because I am holding myself accountable for every bite I eat AND I am so much more aware of what a normal portion size looks like. I wouldn't say I am going low-carb but I am trying to cut out the white stuff and eat lots of whole grains in their place.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #4  
One pound at a time...

to the forum. For me personally I am following a doctor prescribed diet-low cal, low carb.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #5  
baygurl

Thanks for the input.I am not really counting calories just cutting wayyyy back on carbs,trying to make healthier choices, and get off my butt more often too.
Money is a factor right now since I am off work right now and money is tight so all the fresh veggies and fruits sometimes are hard when you have a family of 5.
Its day 4 now and I am constantly hungry or thinking about food.. it seems when i pay attention to what i am eating I want to eat more and more often..GROAN !!! gonna go look for a healthy snack...i have carb cravings i think.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:57 AM   #6  

I have around the same amount of weight to lose as you baygurl. I'm aiming for 125-135 pound loss.

For starters, I'm cutting out my "bad habits", no eating at least 3 hours before bed, very limited fast food choices, no junk food, loads of fruits/veggies/protein. I'm tracking my foods with the daily plate. Working out with both cardio & strength each day (I'm starting out slow though, because I'm really out of shape). I'm trying to stay within a certain amout of calories (per what my daily plate recommends). This seems to work, when I stick to it. I'm struggling greatly with it, but its through no fault except my own. I simply need to be stronger. Weighing in weekly, posting here, getting involved with challenges here, keeping a diary of my thoughts & feelings all helps alot.

Last edited by lalique; 02-19-2009 at 03:57 AM.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

I also have the same amount to lose as you, and after a bad start and mess up in January am now fully on board.

I eat low carb, though not as severe as Atkins, I did that and lost a lot of weight, but got burned out after awhile, so I've modified it a little but I still limit my carbs very much and keep my protein high.

I don't eat at night and I think that really helps. I am also trying to work on the reasons behind why I eat so I can recognize them and have a more powerful response when they rear their head (I DO NOT have to have chocolate just because I am having a stressful day or someone said something hurtful to me).

Posting here is also very helpful to me...if I post everyday I stay on plan..and I have also started a blog, using every tool I can!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #8  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I eat moderate carb, moderate fat, and moderate protein - sort of like the Zone. I count calories with it. I exercise and strength train.

Just the basics, I guess LOL! And it has taken me years.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello!

I calorie count and calorie cycle. I eat an average of 1700 a day. I eat a very whole foods organic diet and focus on getting at least 100 grams of protein every day. I usually get a 45 carb, 30 protein, 25 fat thing going on. I walk and do yoga. Drink tons of water.

I`ve lost just shy of 80 lbs in under 5 months. So I`m doing SOMETHING right for me!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #10  
baygurl

80 pounds in 5 months WTG..you definately are doing something right..I have been looking at progress pics from you all and you look great!!
I was 326..ugh at my highest and lost 40 pounds when I was PREGNANT!!(go figure)..I noticed the weight is creeping up again and I want it gone..10 yrs ago this month I weighed 170ish so its only fitting I start this journey on the 10 year anniversary!!
I hope I can have the willpower you all have,taking it one day at a time.Thanks for all your info it is very helpful...god bless
Old 02-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

Just keep coming here for motivation whether you have a good or bad day, and that will definitely help you!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 328/273/170

Height: 6'2"

Welcome Baygurl! You and I have almost the exact same starting weights and goals lol, I think its been about 10 years for me too since I weighed in at 170. I've lost about 27lbs in 7 weeks, I started off doing the South Beach 2 week induction of pretty much no carbs and honestly that cut my cravings big time. After the two weeks is up I'm mostly just trying to make healthier choices, eating carbs but no refined/white carbs only whole wheat good carbs. They either come from fruit, veggies or something that has a decent amount of fiber in it. Other than that its just calorie counting, holding myself accountable to tracking food and just really being concious of a portion size has made a world of difference. That and I signed up for a gym, and excercise for an hour 4 days a week. I also signed up to the 2 day Breast Cancer walk in July which is a long term goal, but its keeping my motivated on increasing my fitness level. It gets easier as you keep doing it, the first couple weeks are hard! But it is soooo worth it. I've lost a lot more inches than weight and people have already started noticing how much better I'm looking. I've dropped about 6 inches off my chest and 2 pant sizes on my waist. Oh lastly, I gave up diet soda and switched to drinking at least 2 liters of water a day and that made a huge difference in hunger levels and how I felt overall.

Last edited by Erin2tall; 02-20-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Erin2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I count calories. I also base my eating around vegetables and fruits. I try and focus on eating as much of those as possible. My second focus is lean meats like salmon, other fish, chicken breast, turkey, and occasional lean beef or pork. I drink tons of water and green tea.

I bike 30 minutes 6x/week and strength train at home 2-3x a week. Blogging has been my salvation as it keeps me accountable and lets me vent as well.

You can do it!! This is a great forum for support
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #14  
baygurl

Thanks you all have been very helpful