Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 12:16 AM   #1  

Default questions about carbs, and prot.

I was wondering if by cutting some carbs and adding prot. would that help me lose weight faster. I am a carb addict and really don't want to cut the carbs out totally and I don't want to have to count every carb I eat. But right now I don't get very much prot. at all and am wondering if that is what is wrong with my program.

I have heard some of you dirnk the prot. shakes and have been thinking that if I add a shake or two to my diet, it might keep my appitite at bay rather then getting the cravings that kill my diet.

Thanks for the advice!!

Bella23
Old 05-24-2002, 10:20 AM   #2  

I have a few questions for you..

1) Are you hungry 20 minutes after you eat?

2) Do you get headaches easily?

Before you even reply, by admitting that your a carb junkie as I like to call it...YES, increase your protien. I am not saying cut out all carbs. But try to eat the good ones. YES, increase your protien. Protien helps your muscles. protien curbs your cravings. YES, increase your protien.

Did I say YES, increase your protien?

hahahaha

Whatever "plan" your following to lose weight and get fit..we all need lots of protien. Most carbs are man made foods.

So..my opinion is YES, increase your protien.

lmao..
Old 05-24-2002, 10:17 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

great answer, jen!!! couldn't have said it better, myself..

and bella, i answered in more detail on your low-carb board post. please don't shoot me ladies, but i usually check in there first...

keep going, bella. you're on the right track...
Old 05-26-2002, 02:42 PM   #4  

Well thank all of you for your help. I have made the change. As of today, I'm going to summersize. It's a low carb program. One I can live with.

I'll keep you posted. I'm hoping this is going to do what I need it to do.

Thanks again,
Bella23
Old 05-28-2002, 02:46 PM   #5  

One more word of advice...DO NOT give up so quickly on it. You will suffer, you will get headaches, you will feel like robbing a bakery. But give it time, and girlie, I promise you..you will feel SO much better and you WILL see results.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:13 PM   #6  

Thanks Jen. I was wondering. Today it hit me hard. My head has hurt all day long. And hurt BAD. I have also been eating a lot, but according to my program, that is normal for the first week or so till my body gets used to the very low carbs.

I haven't had the cravings real bad, but I'm sure that it will hit me in a few days. The only real problem I have had has been with the soda I got for my sick kids. It has been calling me bad. I only had a sip today so I'm pretty proud of that. I just keep drinking my water. And it doesn't seem like I can get enough. That's good I hope, lol.

I'm hoping for a loss this week, I didn't have a loss last week but I didn't have a gain either. Just stayed the same. So we'll see. I have also started doing a step class and an ab. class on tue, and thru. hopefully that will get the wieght coming off!!!

Well I'll now stop talking your ear off. You all have a great day and thanks for all the information!

Bella23
Old 05-29-2002, 12:57 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hold on girl the headaches will get duller and then be gone and after that you will be so suprised at how great you feel (not just becasue the headache is gone) but you will want to start to jump and run and do things that you have never did in years. it is such a wonderful feeling. hang on there!!!
Old 05-29-2002, 01:26 PM   #8  

To avoid the soda...increase the water ALOT. Soon, you will not soda. And if you lose your mind and have some, you will see, it's too sweet and doesn't taste that good. And you may even feel sick from it. Just everytime it calls your name, think about that soda post we had here about it expanding your stomach or something. lol

Were rootin for ya!
Closed Thread