Old 02-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default Any busty runners here? Sports bra reccomendations?

Okay, so I currently weigh 261. I have recently gotten it in my head that I want to RUN.

I think this has stemmed from *almost* missing the bus a few too many times

Anyhow, I am busty (for any of you who have not see that pic of me floating around on here) I'm a 42H (in the pic am only a DD/DDD so omg! LOL) . AUGH. I'm looking for a hardcore sports bra. I have heard that Oprah likes the Enell (www.enell.com) and it has almost exclusively fab reviews on amazon save for maybe two.

Has anyone tried this bra? It looks like you won't be going anywhere in it, but it's about 60$ for my size!

Also, due to the price, I've decided to wait until I lose another 20-30 lbs and then invest in it. (My chest doesn't change much when I lose, I've los 38 lbs and my band size has gone down a size but the cups are still the same!) anyhow, I figure I"ll give myself a chance to lose a little more, maybe get down to a 40 G? Then give it a shot. But I was just wondering if any of you girls are big up top and run, what bra you wear, etc.

ANd YES I will be running at NIGHT where there are less people to see me looking ridiculous. :P
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/163

Height: 5' 8"

I wish I could help but I am very chesty as well. I am a 40JJ and it is horrible finding a bra in general without spending a ton. So I live with the one I got for xmas and tanks with bras built in. I am interested in what the other ladies have to say.
LadyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Here is a thread from late last year:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154112

I recommend moving comfort
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

What I've done is take a regular bra that I can't wear now a days and got a maximum support sports bra from WalMart. If I wear the two together, there is hardly any movement. I know it's ghetto but I can't pop $40+ dollars on a sports bra and this works for me.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:49 AM   #5  

I'm small across the back but quite busty (a 32H... quit laughing!), and I haven't found anything that beats the Enell. "Double bagging" is the only thing that comes close, but I get tired of all the digging in the shoulders I tend to get as a result. The Enell is expensive, but it's worth it.

On the plus side, I happen to be between sizes on the Enell (right between a 1 and a 2 on the bust measurement, but about a 0 on the ribcage measurement - at least Enell gets the vanity sizing thing right!), so I've been fortunate enough to pick up brand new irregulars on eBay for $37 that actually fit me better than the standard $60 versions sold in most stores. If that's a feasible option for you, it's worth checking. New sizes of the irregulars come up on eBay pretty frequently if you don't see what you need right away.

The Enell is a little scary when you first put it on. At first glance, it looks as though there's absolutely no way the girls could squeeze into it. Once it's hooked and situated, though, it's wonderful. I hate wearing anything else now.
ThinkImLosingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Last time I bough a bra... it was 40H and the cups weren't big enough *sigh*
I used todo the double bra duty too lol. A regular bra with a nice tight fitting sports bra over it, worked pretty well lol
Amber1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I also bought an Enell and I am a 38HH. It's not supposed to fit me and it's not perfect but it's close!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #8  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I wear two A hanes sports bra & usually a tank with a built in bra. If not I'd be afraid I'd knock myself when I'm running.....or either have them hanging down to my knees lol
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 262/262/145

I do what Daimere does-- I wear a really sturdy underwire (one without any lace and that has the 3-snap- think granny bra with a wire!) and then an equally structured sports bra (the C9 line at Target has worked well for me) over it. It really keeps my girls in place and helps reduce the bounce. I actually read in Cosmo or one of those magazines that this is the best option for chesty girls. The Enell looks pretty good, though, I might check that out.
Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I am a 34/36 DD and I recently purchased the Shock Absorber. It was $70. I'm pretty happy with it! If you go to their website they have a 3D version of what your boobs look like running without a bra, with a bra, and with the shock absorber bra lol.

~Choirgirl~

Last edited by choirgirlhotel; 02-22-2009 at 03:29 PM.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I've given up on sports bras. I decided to use a regular bra- a full coverage underwire from Lane Bryant- as a work out bra. It doesn't bother me at all when I work out, because it's so comfortable. I keep that one separate from my everyday use bras, so I don't have to worry about sweating a ton in the bras I wear to school.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm with Nelie, I just bought two moving comfort sports bras in 36D, I think I'm somewhere around 36 F right now. I wore it the day before last for a run and it was fab. It's all about the band, if the band is too loose then there will be chafing.
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #13  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There are 2 concerns I'd have with using a regular bra as an exercise bra (these issues may or may not apply to you)

1) Regular bras aren't designed to wick sweat away like running/sports bras. This could cause rashes or other skin issues.

2) Regular bras aren't designed for the bounce of sports/running bras. If you aren't doing a high impact activity then its not really an issue but if you are doing a high impact activity, I recommend a sports bra. It has been shown that even a little bouncing can result in tears in the breast tissue which can mean sagging breasts.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #14  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Ok, looks like I will either be ordering a moving comfort or an enell, I tried on a c9 today and couldnt even get it over my boobs.

lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 262/262/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie63 View Post
Ok, looks like I will either be ordering a moving comfort or an enell, I tried on a c9 today and couldnt even get it over my boobs.

That sucks! I've had really good luck with the C9's. I'm a DD and they control my girls quite well (with the granny underwire underneath!). Let us know how your order turns out, I'm curious about whether the sizing is right/ how it works. Good luck!
Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote