Old 02-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

*sigh* i'm a total dog lover but in my current living situation can't have pets... hopefully in a few years, though!

I had a German Shepherd when I was a little girl and I'd really like to get one again, I've been scoping out the German Shepherd rescue locally! Although I'll agree that there a also a lot of great breeders, my dad just got a rottie from a wonderful woman (the dog in my avatar).
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #47  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
*sigh* i'm a total dog lover but in my current living situation can't have pets... hopefully in a few years, though!

I had a German Shepherd when I was a little girl and I'd really like to get one again, I've been scoping out the German Shepherd rescue locally! Although I'll agree that there a also a lot of great breeders, my dad just got a rottie from a wonderful woman (the dog in my avatar).
My poor Mother in law has to deal with my father in law's obsession with german shepherds (they have 2 currently). He'll find pictures on rescue websites, print them out and stick them on the fridge hoping she'll let him get another one My parents have a shepherd/basset and she is such a great dog, I really wanted to find a mix like her but didn't quite. I found a husky/shepherd mix at one point but they said she wouldn't be a good fit for our family as she needed to be an only dog.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/155

Height: 5'5

aw... so cute!
claire fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #49  

Height: 5'7"

We got our black lab mix from our local shelter. We think he's mixed w/ lab & rotweiller. NO ONE would dare cross me when I am walking my dog. He's so gentle & sweet, but at the same time don't mess w/ his mama.

He even gets after my DF if we are arguing & my DF raises his voice at me. My dog will get in between us & start growling at DF.

I feel so safe w/ him around, no one in their right mind would try to come in here when they hear his bark. He literally sounds like he would eat you if he had the chance I know that he'd just give kisses, but don't tell anyone one.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 305/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Just LOVELY!!!!! Keep the pictures coming. Will you show her yourself or hire a handler?
Luvbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:28 AM   #51  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

How cute! Congratulations.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #52  
Melting the lbs away

S/C/G: 185/154/125

Height: 5'2"

Cute!
Cruebratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #53  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbean View Post
Just LOVELY!!!!! Keep the pictures coming. Will you show her yourself or hire a handler?
I've shown my old Cardigan in specials classes and did well so we'll see how it goes. My breeder does have a handler here in my town so she'll give me some pointers on how to get her ready and how to show a puppy (because obviously my cardi was much older.) If I really bite at it I'll get the pro-handler to do it
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 365/332/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh she's adorable! Australian Shepherds are one of my favorite breeds but I love ANY dog that is blue merle lol. Congratulations on your pup and your weight loss!
Missy09 is offline   Reply With Quote