Old 02-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #1  
model wannabe

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 171 cms

Default Studying and cravings

Hi guys,
I recently started studying for my NAPLEX exam and it'll take me a year or more.The problem is all my life i always crave junk food after an hour or so studying and i always end up ruining my diet.Any tips on how to stay on plan and organize workout sessions along with studying.
looloo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Hey Looloo!

I'm in grad school, which equals loooong hours of studying. Hours that I used to fill by snacking on anything with sugar and drinking lots of pop. But I've found that drinking green tea really helps! It gives me the caffeine I need and keeps me feeling full.

As far as organizing work out sessions around studying, I would suggest to use working out as a break. Study for a couple hours, then take an hour break and go for a walk or hit the gym!

Good luck!!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #3  
model wannabe

Thanx a lot foxxy you were really helpful.i drink green tea but not that much i guess i'll have to take more of it.i'll definetly try working out in breaks so as not to deplete my energy.
Thanx again and good luck with your studies.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #4  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Good luck in preparing for the Naplex. Do you have the APhA review book? It has a few flaws, but I've not run into anyone who doesn't like it.

Pack good for you snacks! I'm actually heading up to the school in a little bit to study for an exam tomorrow, and I am armed with a lunch box full of raw veggies, a sandwich, nuts, and liter bottle of water.

I have to get out of the house. If I stay home to study, I constantly wander back into the kitchen to find something the stuff my face with and avoid what I need to do. Thankfully my school has plenty of very nice study rooms in the pharmacy building. Other times, I'll hit up the library or a coffee shop (I'll get a black coffee and sit there for hours).
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I like going to a coffee house to study with a headphones. I'm too cheap to buy anything more than my usual cup of tea and it keeps me away from my own kitchen.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

coffee or tea, or maybe some veggies (not fruit, too sugary to eat a ton of it) to much on.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 251.5/162/140

Height: 5'3"

You could try taking a bag of low fat popcorn. It's great snack food & WW considers it a filling food.
amyk0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #8  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Ahh yes, I am a student, too (at a really frickin' competitive university) and I totally understand the urge to munch on things while studying... Plus I am a total emotional eater so I always feel the strongest need for snacks when I'm particularly stressed out over a paper or something. Honestly, I know this is the most cliched answer, but chewing gum helps me a lot! Especially if you get one in a really fruity flavor, so it kind of helps a sweet tooth and keeps your mouth busy so you can't cram food in, hehe. I also agree that it is good to have healthy snacks on hand for the moments where you really DO need to eat something for an energy boost--when I really need a snack, I'll usually eat fruit (/fruit leather! mmm!) or a granola/energy bar--but make sure that if you eat a bar-like snack, you get a good brand that actually has fiber/protein and not too much sugar! Raw veggies and nuts are also really good suggestions, which I would totally do, but I don't have anywhere to keep them in my room, ha. You might also like yogurt or lowfat string cheese or something (I'm semi-vegan, but I've heard others recommend these snacks). Basically, there are tons of healthy snacks that you can have while studying without totally ruining your diet... So good luck with it!!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:59 AM   #9  
model wannabe

thanx guys you really helped me a lot i guess i'm gonna start snacking more and minimize the portions in my 3 meals .
Hi Zen well i live in Egypt i study from another book but i'll try to find the APhA book you mentioned .Do you have it as an ebook that you can send me ???