Old 02-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #16  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

there ARE a couple of things where I like the lowfat better...TJ's Greek Yogurt, I actually prefer the FF....the fullfat is a little to "thick" tasting and sticks to my tongue. I prefer lowfat cottage cheese to fullfat or fatfree, and 2% milk is fine...not better that whole milk, but it's what I'm used to. I prefer partskim ricotta, again because it's what I'm used to.

Last edited by iminhere; 02-18-2009 at 04:16 PM.
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

OMG, there are nights I lay in bed and think..."if anything ever happened to DH, me and the boys are heading for Europe!"

I am a trained chef for crying out loud! I am not trained to eat FF crap.

Of course, there are plenty of portly chefs out there that like there own work a little too much. LOL!

I will buy low fat instead of fat free most of the time. Mainly for taste but also because most FF foods make up the lack of flavour (Fat=flavor) with more sugars or salt.

If I had more time I know I could come up with more "french" type offerings but my DH and boys number 1 & 3 are super picky eaters! (Grrrrrrrr....)

Once the weather turns nice again, I am going to start doing more of my shopping at the West Side Market. It is one of the oldest and nicest old markets (stands individually owned by local merchants) in the country. It is a feast for the eyes as well as the belly! Better, fresher ingrediants always inspire me.

BTW, have you seen what kind of HEALTH CARE and CHILD CARE the french have?! To die for!

I say if we all hit goal, we all go to France as a group! Yeeeee-Haaawww! They won't know what hit 'em.

Last edited by irishsarah; 02-18-2009 at 04:48 PM.
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #18  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsarah View Post
OMG, there are nights I lay in bed and think..."if anything ever happened to DH, me and the boys are heading for Europe!"

I am a trained chef for crying out loud! I am not trained to eat FF crap.

Of course, there are plenty of portly chefs out there that like there own work a little too much. LOL!

I will buy low fat instead of fat free most of the time. Mainly for taste but also because most FF foods make up the lack of flavour (Fat=flavor) with more sugars or salt.

If I had more time I know I could come up with more "french" type offerings but my DH and boys number 1 & 3 are super picky eaters! (Grrrrrrrr....)

Once the weather turns nice again, I am going to start doing more of my shopping at the West Side Market. It is one of the oldest and nicest old markets (stands individually owned by local merchants) in the country. It is a feast for the eyes as well as the belly! Better, fresher ingrediants always inspire me.

BTW, have you seen what kind of HEALTH CARE and CHILD CARE the french have?! To die for!

I say if we all hit goal, we all go to France as a group! Yeeeee-Haaawww! They won't know what hit 'em.
I'm there!!
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #19  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I wish I were French, because if I gained weight, at least the weight would have come from worthy foods.

I'm ashamed to think of the weight I put on in the past by eating completely unworthy things that I forgot minutes after consuming them & took only a slight, faint animalistic joy in eating.

I had a piece of not very good but very lowfat cheese today & wondered why I had bothered. Why did I even put that into my mouth? Because of the calcium, I suppose, and I wanted a bit of protein with the plum I ate as part of the snack. In all other ways, though, this was completely unworthy. A Frenchwoman would have sneered at that Cabot 75% fat-free Cheddar.

I would have been better off ditching it & going to Murray's for just a tiny thin transparent tasting slice of Prima Donna, which I love. If I can learn that kind of moderation, I could maybe aspire to be French -- at least in my cheese consumption.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
In all other ways, though, this was completely unworthy. A Frenchwoman would have sneered at that Cabot 75% fat-free Cheddar.
Ha, I've had that. It IS completely unworthy.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #21  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

Come to think of it, I'm sure my grandmother never had a taste of fat-free dairy in her life! She was not a small woman but by no means obese. Of course with the cows, chickens, garden and house to take care of she also probably never sat down more than an hour or so a day either!
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 AM   #22  

hehe
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote